Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

What to do next

kirklebum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kirklebum

I played through the 14-day trial and decided I wanted to give EVE an extended chance so I bought a two month subscription. I had fun doing some of the missions during the trial and finished the Sisters of Eve epic story arc without much trouble but for the last week I've been wandering around aimlessly. I decided to find a corp and promptly got set up and ganked, which was fine because I didn't lose much, but was still a bit frustrating. Ultimately I just want to find a group of mature players who want to have fun and don't take the game too seriously, so if anyone has space in their corp for a new guy I'd like to join up. I don't really know which direction I want to go but I figure if I can fill a niche in a corp I'll go that way.  

My character's name is Kirdanbar.

Althox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Althox

A good place to start hunting for a corporation is always the FORUMS (The special Corporation and Alliances-forum that is). Other then that I can't give you much for help, find something you like about the game and stick to it. I'm finding my time in Eve as a mission-runner and industrialist very rewarding.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Donos

I was in basically the same situation about a year ago. I agree with Althox that you should head to the forums and find another corp. In particular look for a hi-sec missioning/"carebear" corp. They're generally just focused on making cash and having good times in relative safety, while you figure out what you want to do further down the road. I may not be the best example, since I got bored and quit the game, but I'll be resubbing in a couple days (no more learning skills = awesome) and I'll send you a message. I think my character's name is Sideof Fries.

Althox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Althox

Yeah, a Carebear-Corp (which is NOT newly founded), would be the thing to look after. They should have things going on.

kirklebum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By kirklebum

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I really like the idea of this game so I hope I find a good group of people to play with so I can get deeper into the game.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn

Join the Giant Bomb Chat channel for one... and look for Eve University classes or whatever, I never used them but Im told they are good. When I played, i was with a corp called Lupus Draconis in the Dragehund Alliance, they were great and did a ton to set me up in the game even though I only applyed to them on a whim, they do alot of Mining and ship building but also mix in some PVP and whatnot. They are still active, if you want more info, PM me. Other than that, The Eve forums are a great place to start your search.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.