Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F1 2010

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Developed by Codemasters and using the Ego engine, Formula One 2010 is the first truly next generation F1 game that contains all the cars, drivers and tracks from the 2010 season, putting a heavy emphasis on simulating real life weather effects.

*Crickets*

Rabbykayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Rabbykayn

Am I the only one still enjoying this game?

Can't wait for F1 2011.  I'll probably get this one on PS3 instead of PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Crickets? 

I got bored of this game part way through season 2. Playing with a steering wheel is really annoying because the cars are too easy to drive.  

It's a great start to Codies use of the licence and I look forward to what they do with it in the future, but nah I'm done with this version. 

rFactor 2, GTR 3 and Shift 2 are much more interesting to me than F1 2011, but that's because I am a simulation guy.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EvilTwin
    @zudthespud said:

"Crickets?"

Eh?  He's just saying that nothing's going on with this game.  All quiet on the western front.

ShadowMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ShadowMountain

I still havent got this game yet (waiting for amazon to get it back in stock) - do you recommend I wait for f1 2011 or go ahead with 2010?

Rabbykayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Rabbykayn
    @ShadowMountain said:

" I still havent got this game yet (waiting for amazon to get it back in stock) - do you recommend I wait for f1 2011 or go ahead with 2010? "

I would say just wait for 2011.

And in response to zudthespud ... yes there are better sims out there, but I play this game because Formula 1 is one of my favorite sports.  I never get tired of seeing the tracks and hearing the cars.  First test session of 2011 is just a few weeks away!
    samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By samfo
    @ShadowMountain said:
    "I still havent got this game yet (waiting for amazon to get it back in stock) - do you recommend I wait for f1 2011 or go ahead with 2010?

"

i disagree, considering 2010 was released after the 2010 season, you will be waiting a long time.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Bouke

Actually i'm playing this again after months. I bought it and then stopped playing it when GT5 launched and after that i played some other games... now i'm back playing it again; time to finish up the first season!

the_korben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By the_korben

Reminded by the start of the 2011 season, I also just went back to F1 2010. I never got really that far in after I bought it back in the fall due to all the bug & patch troubles. Now I'm really enjoying it though! I just finished an insanely wet 28 lap grand prix in Kuala Lumpur. My whole body hurts now (I'm playing with the GT Force Pro on the PS3 and lacking the furniture to set it up in any relatively comfortable way) but it feels like a perfect way to get your mind off things after a long day of work :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@the_korben said:
    " Reminded by the start of the 2011 season, I also just went back to F1 2010. I never got really that far in after I bought it back in the fall due to all the bug & patch troubles. Now I'm really enjoying it though! I just finished an insanely wet 28 lap grand prix in Kuala Lumpur. My whole body hurts now (I'm playing with the GT Force Pro on the PS3 and lacking the furniture to set it up in any relatively comfortable way) but it feels like a perfect way to get your mind off things after a long day of work :) "  

This game may have many problems, but damn if it isn't a hell of a lot of fun.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

Oh shit, I forgot about this game.  Hah, they should release these during the current F1 season...I've seen more GT5 ads than F1 2010 ads during the current season thus far.  It just feels dated knowing the cars are already last year model, and everyone wants to be in Vettel's new toy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.