Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 4

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

The Fallout series continues in a post-apocalyptic Boston, Massachusetts.

Beware of Fallout 4 spoilers.

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jennifyre

I was playing New Vegas all day today accidentally clicked on the steam forum group for the game and imagine my surprise when i see a topic titled with the ending of the game. Further investigation revealed that people are purposely trying to ruin everyones experience by spoiling the game. So it's probably best to not read about Fallout 4 at all. Stay out of comment sections and try and finish the game completely before discussing it :(

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Steadying

Yep, pretty much the case for every big release. I still remember the Great Dragon Age II Spoilering on YouTube comments.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it kind of interesting that this is the case with Fallout, in the grand scheme of things that trolls would go around spoiler for people I never considered Fallout 4 to be that big of a deal.
    Especially with (I assume) multiple endings, or at least multiple variations of the same ending. Plus Beth has never been known for their super complex stories and twisty turny moments or anything. Just seems.. odd.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Yeah, at this point it's best to go dark completely off everything if possible. Apparently people are being dicks and posting the game's ending literally everywhere, Fallout related or not. Hopefully none make their way here.

Only 24 hours left.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, just got the ending spoiled for me in a picture completely unrelated to Fallout. Nice.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Agreed. It's everywhere and completely random too. I was spoiled in an MGS themed Community on the PS4. So be very careful out there.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Teddie

Giant Bomb forums seem like a pretty safe place in general, I went into full lockdown when MGSV spoilers started floating around the net but never ran into anything malicious on here-- the mods are pretty good about this sort of thing. Just get a Youtube comment blocker and stay off reddit etc.

Might still want to be careful on the Quick Look comments, though.

@zolroyce: I think that's actually one of the reasons why it's getting spoiled so much. Less people that actually care about the story means more assholes who want to ruin it for everyone else, or something like that.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

That's the internet for you. Been watching the Extra Life streams all weekend so I've avoided spoilers so far (spoilers that I didn't seek out myself mind you). Reddit and Steam are the most dangerous places for spoilers right now as far as I know. I'm sticking with GiantBomb only just to be safe.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know spoilers suck, but I can't imagine it's really that big a deal. Bethesda games aren't really about twist filled intricate main stories. I can't really think of anything that could be considered a major spoiler from 3 or New Vegas.

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jennifyre

@confusedowl: I read people were putting the ending in donation comments on certain extra life streams...

@hunkulese: when you play a fallout game it's one big story chain until the end. Sure it offshoots and you do random nonsense for a bunch of people, but when you know exactly what happens at the end of your main goal... it's almost like why bother.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: This is a pretty massive spoiler that ruins the primary objective of the main quest. Stay safe, peeps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
    deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was all a dream!!

Spoiling stuff purposely is a real douchebag move all joking aside. Curious for those of you who had it spoiled, is it something you wish you had not seen due to qualify/shock value/etc.?

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewgameplusdotcom: It's pretty similar to what a certain other popular game that came out in the last few years did, but it's definitely something I would have loved to see for myself.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@alyssia: Maybe? If they were I missed them completely when it happened.

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@confusedowl: Not referring to GB streams. People are donating to people on twitch with large followings who have those setups that flash comments when someone donates just to put in their comment the ending of the game.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alyssia: Why bother is a question I ask myself often while doing the main quests in Bethesda games.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Teddie
    @alyssia said:

when you play a fallout game it's one big story chain until the end. Sure it offshoots and you do random nonsense for a bunch of people, but when you know exactly what happens at the end of your main goal... it's almost like why bother.

Not to get all "who cares about spoilers?", because I definitely do, but isn't it kind of a bad sign if the ending twist makes the rest of the game seem like a waste of time? Like, hopefully the game is written in a way that you can still enjoy all the little hints at the twist that other people miss, but if it's really just a brick to the face at the end of an otherwise bad narrative, the "why bother" feeling seems like it'd happen no matter what.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also might want to be weary of Google search suggestions, of all things. I had an inkling of what the twist would be, so I searched "Fallout 4" along with a few common words, and sure eno don't plan on checking, but be careful out there guys.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By newmoneytrash

I checked the steam community to see if the preload was available and was spoiled in like three separate thread titles

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The trolls are out in force, sadly.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By RonGalaxy

Too late for me. Couldn't care less. Trolls need to find a better use of their time

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real trolls are the too many 9/10 reviewers saying it's great when you look past all the technical issues and typical Bethesda game problems. Go ahead and ship those games guys, reviewers are happy to swallow the load no matter their condition.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Keep in mind (for anyone who might have read something they didn't want to) that leaked spoilers get lost in the pipeline multiple times. From what I've heard (I haven't actually seen any of these "spoilers"), there are about 3-4 different "endings" being spoiled. Just because you have read something that might seem legit, there is a decent chance that it's false.

I forget exactly which game it was (might have been Uncharted 3, this was years ago), but I was browsing some forums and there were 4-5 different thread titles with buzzwords for the ending. None of these turned out to be true. Same case with Dragon Age II, like someone else said.

For me, personally, I've never thought Bethesda games had particularly great main quests. Someone could have told me exactly what happens at the end of FO3, New Vegas and Skyrim and it wouldn't have even mattered. I can't even remember what happened in the main quest for Skyrim (did I even finish it? I completely forget), and I sunk 120 hours into that game. For me, the most interesting stories have always been the ones that are told separately, apart from the main game. I think the Mage's Guild and Dark Brotherhood quest lines in Oblivion are more well written and intriguing than any of the main quests for any Bethesda game I've played. Witcher 3 is another great example of this. As great as the main quest is, I thought everything with the Red Baron was the most enticing piece of story in that game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.