Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

FNV collectors edition from amazon or FNV normal edition from GS?

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Neverpraying

Which edition would be better?
    I was planning out getting the GS Collectors edition but they are out of stock.
    The collectors edition seems cool, but the pre-order order items from game stop seem really good.  Ideas?

Delete or Lock thread if need be.

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Dustpan

Just pre-order from Gamestop if you can't get a copy of the collector's edition from Amazon.

Amazon might get a few more copies of the collector's edition back in today or Friday possibly, they did that with Mass Effect 2.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Shakezula84

The fact that the preorder is a Armored Vault 13 suit sold me on GameStop. I'm still debating if I really want the CE or not. The graphic novel would be the only reason I would get it. You just have to figure out which you want more. Keep in mind that odds are good that all the preorder stuff may eventually become DLC. Like the horse armor from oblivion, which only cost money to create value for the fact you got it for free preordering the game.

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Neverpraying
    @Shakezula84:  Indeed the graphic novel would be my main reason as well. Although the Vault 13 Canteen sounds very handy.
    @JustTheDoctor:  The CE edition is in stock on amazon, and out of stock on Game stop. So I am deciding pretty much between collectors edition or Vault 13 in game items.

jacobfrommt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By jacobfrommt

I planned on picking up the CE from Amazon but decided against it for a couple reasons.  

A. It was technically being sold by Target through Amazon so my $20 credit from my Halo: Reach purchase would not have been applied

B. Being sold from Target they couldn't offer the $1 release date shipping so the only option was $20 1 day shipping. 

So in the end I settled on the standard edition for $41, I can live without the comic.  Though I would have really liked to see the items hid in game world revealed in the comic, that idea seems awesome. 

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Neverpraying
    @JacobFromMT:  I am also not going to choose the collectors edition, another reason I have never been a fan of Target. Also sometime in the future they may release the comic book even in paperback, so saving 20 dollars right now seems like a good idea.
    PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PeasantAbuse
    @JacobFromMT:
    Thats strange, my $20 from Reach was used and I got the $1 release date shipping.  Was it different from you because of location or something?
    jacobfrommt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jacobfrommt
    @PeasantAbuse:
    no idea, I did try to do it Friday evening so maybe I was too late for the CE.  here's to hoping the book is released later....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.