Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

(POLL) Which platform are you planning on buying Far Cry 3 for?

• 64 results
    Avatar image for somethingclever
    SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By SomethingClever

I have a perfectly capable PC that I could play this on with above normal settings. I'll still get it on my 360.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Karl_Boss

360 because I'm a dirty console gamer.

iGooner7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By iGooner7

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#54  Edited By Claude

I bought the PC version, but I'm playing it on my tv with an Xbox 360 controller. The Horror!!!

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By nohthink

Don't have a choice but PS3

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By mike

@Claude said:

I bought the PC version, but I'm playing it on my tv with an Xbox 360 controller. The Horror!!!

Dude I'm doing the same thing! Recliner and a Razer 360 controller, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Claude
    @MB said:

@Claude said:

Dude I'm doing the same thing! Recliner and a Razer 360 controller, I wouldn't have it any other way.

It plays great with a controller. And looks good on a 50" plasma while doing it. I just need my four day work shift to be over so I can get back to it. One more day and I'll be back in the jungle!!!
    kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By kerse

There was a patch on the 360 today, its smooth now, but it looks like they may have dropped the view distance a little.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#59  Edited By yevinorion

@kerse said:

There was a patch on the 360 today, its smooth now, but it looks like they may have dropped the view distance a little.

Nice. I got it on 360 as the only computer I currently own is a MacBook Pro from 2008. Glad to hear they fixed up the frame rate.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By Andorski

@Claude said:

Was gonna do the same thing, but decided to go KB+M. Been playing too many PC games with my 360 controller. I get the odd feeling like I'm doing something wrong. Far Cry 3 obviously controls well with a mouse - being an FPS and all - but boy does driving suck a huge left nut.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By kindgineer

I know I should buy the game for PC, but there is something about an open-world game that feels right when sitting on a couch. Whenever I sit in front of a game for too long my back begins to hate me and that sort of scenario is lessened when I am able to enjoy it from the couch. I would move and connect the PC to my HDTV, but my wife + room mate both use the living room often which would limit my chances.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Claude
    @Andorski said:

@Claude said:

Was gonna do the same thing, but decided to go KB+M. Been playing too many PC games with my 360 controller. I get the odd feeling like I'm doing something wrong. Far Cry 3 obviously controls well with a mouse - being an FPS and all - but boy does driving suck a huge left nut.

I was playing last night and thought that the driving would be a pain in the ass without the analog stick. When I played San Andreas on the PC, I used the KB-M for on foot stuff and a controller for the car stuff. It worked like a charm. After a while, I didn't even realize I was switching.
    Etnos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#63  Edited By Etnos

EN LA MIA PC

gateht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By gateht

Got it for the 360 when it went on sale after Christmas on Amazon UK - £22 is a damn good price!

Elfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Elfen

PS3 of course

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.