Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

Developed by Day 1 Studios, F.3.A.R. (pronounced "Fear Three") is the final chapter in the F.E.A.R. franchise and continues the twisted story of Alma Wade and her two sons, Paxton Fettel and the Point Man.

Bug: I Can Not Play as Fettel After Completing Campaign

CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By CraigAA1028

I am aware that in order to play a mission as Paxton Fettel you first have to beat it with Point Man. Well ,I ran through the entire game as Point Man, watched the credits, and then was going to jump back in and play as Fettel. For some reason, when I go into the mission select scree, the option to change characters and levels are grayed out, much like they were when I first started.  

I tried playing through the first mission hoping that would make the game realize it's mistake, but it did nothing. Now the level select is grayed out on the 2nd mission. I can't even go back to the prison level if I wanted to! What is going on? I can't find anyone else who has this issue. Someone please help. I'm basically locked out of half the game's content.
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DH69

try selecting replay mission, if ur still on resume game you might not be able to change ur character.  

but i dont know what you mean by "half the games content" nothing changes except the controls. and fettel isnt that great.

CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By CraigAA1028
    @DH69: Thank you. I didn't realize the campaign button could be toggled. That's a stupid design decision. 
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DH69

No prob.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.