Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Hi. And...ghosts?

UberMinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UberMinz

Hey everyone.

Just joined this forum so I could do a couple of things. First, to thank you guys for all the effort you've been putting in to solving the puzzles in Fez. I've been mesmerized by this game for the last week, and the hints and solutions you've presented have helped this former lurker out a whole lot.

Second. I haven't read over all the posts here yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone already mentioned this yet. But has anyone else encountered the ghost women in that graveyard-like area of the game? I've met up with two of them so far. They've said different things (can't remember what exactly). Has anyone else found out if they're a facet of a puzzle of some kind? Or are they just tossed in for flavor?

--uM

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MachoFantastico

Not sure about ghosts, I'm still early in but I'm sure I did see the outline of a figure when the lightning struck in one section (similar to the platforms you can't see until the thunder flashes). Thought I was seeing things, can't remember where it was exactly.

Wouldn't if it comes into play.

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Panpipe

@UberMinz said:

Hey everyone.

Just joined this forum so I could do a couple of things. First, to thank you guys for all the effort you've been putting in to solving the puzzles in Fez. I've been mesmerized by this game for the last week, and the hints and solutions you've presented have helped this former lurker out a whole lot.

Second. I haven't read over all the posts here yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone already mentioned this yet. But has anyone else encountered the ghost women in that graveyard-like area of the game? I've met up with two of them so far. They've said different things (can't remember what exactly). Has anyone else found out if they're a facet of a puzzle of some kind? Or are they just tossed in for flavor?

--uM

Considering the final puzzle is still unsolved, it's always possible that they hold the key.

But for other puzzles in the game, no, they're not relevant.

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By alexpiercey

@UberMinz: Huh. I always thought that they were a weird, ghost version of yourself or something. I never actually thought about talking to them.

MegaMetaTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MegaMetaTurtle

I thought they might be part of a puzzle, but yeah, they don't seem to be.

But with this game, who can be sure?

UberMinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UberMinz

@Sgtpierceface: Yeah, when you're close enough, hit B to talk to them. It's a nice touch even if it means nothing gamewise.

UberMinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UberMinz

Incidentally, I have only found two ghosts so far...anyone else know if there are more?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.