Game Boy Color version
The Game Boy Color port of FIFA 2000 was developed by Tiertex Design Studios and published by THQ (US version) and Electronic Arts (European version). The Game Boy Color port was originally released in 1999 in the US and 2000 in Europe. There are over 60 selectable teams included in this version.
In the Game Boy Color version of FIFA 2000 there are five different game modes to choose from:
- Exhibition - Exhibition mode is the standard one match game mode. The team for both the human and A.I. players can be chosen. There are also several options that can be changed in this mode.
- Tournament - In tournament mode the player chooses a team to play as. After a team has been chosen a group, either A, B, C, or D will be chosen and the player will play in a tournament against those teams.
- Playoff - Playoff mode plays much like the tournament mode, except the player does not choose a group to play against, all opposing teams are chosen by the game.
- League - League mode is like a career mode from other sports games. The player chooses a team and then proceeds to play through a season.
- Indoor - In the indoor mode the player chooses both the player and A.I. teams. This game mode is very similar to a regular exhibition match except the ball will bounce off of the walls and there are no out of bounds.
Genesis/Mega Drive Version
The mobile phone version was ported by EA and TecToy to Mega Drive (mostly as a built-in game) in Brazil under the name FIFA 2000 Gold Edition.