strike11249's Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation) review

Avatar image for strike11249

One of the best games I have every played!

Final Fantasy IX was one of the first games I remember playing as a kid. My cousin taught me how to play and from then on, 100 hours + of my life was gone(well spent though). Even though this game seems old now, it is still one of the best games to date. The story is so compelling and so character driven that it will keep you interested all the way through. The gameplay is also very unique. With their turn-based battle system, it works very well with the story. The soundtrack is one of the best I have ever heard in a game all-time. The graphics may seem old now but they still look very well for the time this game was made(2000). This game will keep you interested for hours upon hours of gameplay; and if you are looking for a good RPG to keep you going, look no further. hopefully this review will help to see if you would like to play this game or not.

Other reviews for Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation)

My Favorite Game of All Time 0

The last game in the series that was heavily influenced by Hironobu Sakaguchi, truly the FINAL fantasy written by the original creator. Going back to a fantasy setting.The game that came with my PS1, the first 3D RPG I've ever played. Probably the best characters I've ever seen in a video game, besides, after playing other games from the series, I was even more impressive how this one put a lot of memories together as well as great new things.The first couple of times I played, didn't manage to ...

A perfect swansong for the series on PlayStation 0

As its name would suggest, Final Fantasy IX is the ninth instalment in the long-running RPG series from Squaresoft (now Square Enix) and the third game in the franchise to find its way onto Sony's PlayStation console. Its older brothers, FFVII and FFVIII, have both prided themselves on exploring new gameplay mechanics (the Materia and Junction systems respectively) and establishing the post-modern, semi-sci-fi RPG. In this respect, FFIX couldn't be further from them. Not only does it adopt the s...