Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Few questions

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pessh

So I just got onto the big ass ship in the sky, trying to rescue Vanille and Sahz, and was wondering roughly how far into the game I am percentage wise. I know there's 13 chapters but I've heard the later chapters are much longer so I have no idea how far in I am. Also, when (If?) I can select my own party, does Lightning have to be a part of it, and will she always be party leader?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

Not sure, but I heard that chapters 10-13 are pretty much the same length as around 1-9 I believe.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Chapter 11 is insanely long depending on if you partake in the optional missions. I reached chapter 11 with 25 hours clocked and started chapter 12 with 35. And yes, you can select your own party at the start of chapter 11 including who the leader is.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jadeskye

i'd say you're about half way. maybe just under. i'm not quite done yet but i'm way past 40 hours.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By dbz1995

You are nearing the part where your main character dies and MacTavish comes along. After that, yes, you can choose your party leader/host. Just remember, Joe is a pretty bad one.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#6  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    @dbz1995 said:
    " You are nearing the part where your main character dies and MacTavish comes along. After that, yes, you can choose your party leader/host. Just remember, Joe is a pretty bad one. "
    Man, when Captain Price's face came through the smoke, I didn't know what to believe anymore.
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Addfwyn
    @Pessh:  
    Near the end of chapter 9 (the chapter you are on now), you can select your battle party but Lightning is locked in as leader. 
    Chapter 10, you can select your battle party and anyone can be leader. 
    Chapter 11 is potentially the longest in the game, as it has all the open/sidequesty stuff that you've probably come to expect.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Pessh
    @dbz1995: Woah fatman...

Thanks all (except you wasteman)

=)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.