Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

No DLC Confirmed, International Version Gonna Happen! ^.^

• 54 results
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel
    Linky

No plans for DLC, and they'll more than likely sticking with their current idea of releasing the International Version in Japan which is a completely different and much more polished game, just like Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix +, Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System, and Final Fantasy X International!

...and knowing the game will be much larger and have much more content and will more than likely be exclusive in Japan, it's a safe bet that the International Version will be exclusive to PS3.  

Thank you Square and not screwing gamers over with DLC and giving us a more polished remake of the game with the content that will more than likely perfect it.  ^.^

I guess I'm buying Final Fantasy XIII International day one later this year or next year!  XD

So much for that "Exclusive 360 DLC", hah.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

Okay? 

Speculation is fun huh!

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KaosAngel
    @jadeskye said:
    " Okay?  Speculation is fun huh! "
    Dude it's Square, anyone doubting an International Version is an idiot.  Even Dissidia got an International Version with Dissida Ultimate Tuning or some shit.  A PSP got an International Version, seriously....FF13 International will come out. 
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jadeskye

aha!
     is this our chance?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Rhaknar

because what companies say is always true (im talking about no dlc...yeah right). Besides, who the fuck ever said the 360 dlc was exclusive? all I heard was sites reporting the GAME would have dlc because the 360 box said so, not that it was exclusive

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By OllyOxenFree

E-mote some moar.

XD ^_^ >_> ^o^ -_-"

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Rhaknar said:
    " because what companies say is always true (im talking about no dlc...yeah right). Besides, who the fuck ever said the 360 dlc was exclusive? all I heard was sites reporting the GAME would have dlc because the 360 box said so, not that it was exclusive "
    Yeah, and that DLC was confirmed to be avatar clothing.  Dude, I know Western gamers aren't used to International Versions but get with the times...Square ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS releases their games with way more content and often remixed systems exclusive to Japan.  Only Star Ocean IV International was seen outside Japan, and it's the norm for Square games in Japan.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jadeskye
    @KaosAngel: sounds like the only person you're trying to convince is yourself and you're doing it publically. 

not the best of ideas.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KaosAngel
    @jadeskye said:
    " @KaosAngel: sounds like the only person you're trying to convince is yourself and you're doing it publically.  not the best of ideas. "
    Let me get this straight, you honestly don't believe that FF13 International will ever be a real game?  I'm sorry, have you seen Square's list of games that came out since FF7?  Starting from FF7, International Versions have been re-released in Japan that changes the majority of systems in the game.  Ask any other user here who owns International Version of games or lives in Japan, no one is stupid enough to believe Square won't re-release FF13 as an International Edition.  Dissida Universal Tuning was shown off the SAME MONTH Dissidia came out in the States, a PSP game...was re-released as the better game.

No one is stupid enough to doubt an International Version.  It's even being waited for by Japanese gamers on 2channel and on other import FF sites.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jadeskye

i don't think i've expressed an opinion in this topic so don't put words in my mouth. lol. 

i have my opinion on the subject and i don't deem to inform everyone else of it.

Falsate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Falsate

If you read the part about No DLC happening, then you'd also be well aware that an International Version isn't being planned. There's no point in releasing an International Version when they are currently set to release the game as 'complete' to the player. Kitase has stated this himself.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Rhaknar said:
    " because what companies say is always true (im talking about no dlc...yeah right). Besides, who the fuck ever said the 360 dlc was exclusive? all I heard was sites reporting the GAME would have dlc because the 360 box said so, not that it was exclusive "
    Yeah, and that DLC was confirmed to be avatar clothing.  Dude, I know Western gamers aren't used to International Versions but get with the times...Square ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS releases their games with way more content and often remixed systems exclusive to Japan.  Only Star Ocean IV International was seen outside Japan, and it's the norm for Square games in Japan. "
    Maybe we'd be used to it if SE would you know, release it over here. Seriously ever since the first time I've heard of KH final mix I always wanted it, so jealous we never get proper releases with these things.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Falsate said:
    " If you read the part about No DLC happening, then you'd also be well aware that an International Version isn't being planned. There's no point in releasing an International Version when they are currently set to release the game as 'complete' to the player. Kitase has stated this himself. "
    They said the same thing about every other game they released in Famitsu articles.  Square always says that and later down a year or two has the International Version ready.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jadeskye

lol okay i think i'm done here. you just spelled it out yourself.

valleyshrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By valleyshrew

They just dont want to announce DLC before the game is released because that seems to fans like they are being ripped off. They have said they are working on it before:

"We initially had doubts to add extra content to the western version but then it would have taken the international version more months of delay. We did prepare DLC but it will arrive a little later in the west." Link.

The international versions were made because there was no DLC system last gen, this gen it doesn't make sense to release an enhanced version except as a compilation of the game + previously released dlc such as fallout3. I doubt it will be anything good though, it's the most disappointing game I have ever played and it will probably just be more meaningless missions.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

um....International changes the very design of the game? um no...

FF7 international changed nothing about design it was simply the american version of the game with the original japanese text and a 4th disc that contained interviews, a beastiary and database.

FF8 never had a international version
    FF9 never had an international version 

FFX international had no design changes they simply tweaked the sphere grid to have less grid nodes and starts every one out in the middle so they can be whatever they want, its far harder to simply master a character in every thing in the expert version of the grid then it was in the older version.

FFXII's job system was tweaked and had its name changed with new license boards added, and really what they did is rerelease the american version over there with 16:9 support  added....so no it wasn't redesigned or more polished over there thank you very much.

P.S: and no kingdom hearts 2 final mix + was not a redesigned game all it was was the english version rereleased over there with some new battles a single new cutscene and the chain of memories GBA remake.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

you can claim an international version will be released it likely will you have that right.

but your making a bold faced lie of a claim when you say the international some how changes the design of the game and makes it more polished.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I don't get this at all.

Why is releasing DLC to expand the lifespan of the game for the fans bad..  where as releasing an international version, for one console, only in Japan good?  The content that's provided in the international version could very easily just be released as DLC for everyone.

"No plans" doesn't mean there never will be, and it certainly doesn't confirm an international version.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Seedofpower
    @OllyOxenFree said:
    " E-mote some moar. XD ^_^ >_> ^o^ -_-" "
    He only did it twice. =0

Anyways, I'll wait for the game of the year edition or something.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KaosAngel
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " um....International changes the very design of the game? um no...  FF7 international changed nothing about design it was simply the american version of the game with the original japanese text and a 4th disc that contained interviews, a beastiary and database. FF8 never had a international version FF9 never had an international version   FFX international had no design changes they simply tweaked the sphere grid to have less grid nodes and starts every one out in the middle so they can be whatever they want, its far harder to simply master a character in every thing in the expert version of the grid then it was in the older version.    FFXII's job system was tweaked and had its name changed with new license boards added, and really what they did is rerelease the american version over there with 16:9 support  added....so no it wasn't redesigned or more polished over there thank you very much.  P.S: and no kingdom hearts 2 final mix + was not a redesigned game all it was was the english version rereleased over there with some new battles a single new cutscene and the chain of memories GBA remake. "
    Have you played or own any of them?  I own almost all of them (just missing the shimmering edition of FF7 International >.<), and collected them and sought out to collect all of them.  Luckily, I found them all for less than 20000円。

FF12 adds way more stuff than what you listed, as it also contained a strong mode and weak mode, changed the layout of how items work, changed the gabit system, changed Mist Knacks, added the full job system of other past games, added more bosses, and sexed it up in the most beautiful box art they have ever made.

FFX had way more bosses, changed a lot of how the numbers worked in the background, changed item layouts, the Dark Summons, etc...luckily the PAL users here who own a copy of FFX got that for free with their standard issue so ask any PAL user.  

KIngdom Hearts II FInal Mix + is way bigger than what you're making it out to be, ask anyone else here who owns it or played it.  I'm not going to argue what changes are made in International Versions when the majority of people here haven't heard of them or even played them.   
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Steve_C

Yeah. My the PAL FFX has some extra stuff like the dark aeon battles (I was never able to beat Dark Yojimbo).

I was thinking about this the other day. I hope they do release it as a huge DLC update in the west to upgrade your version of the game. That would be great. Easy money, but they won't do it.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

lol @KaosAngel said:

" @WilliamRLBaker said:

" um....International changes the very design of the game? um no...  FF7 international changed nothing about design it was simply the american version of the game with the original japanese text and a 4th disc that contained interviews, a beastiary and database. FF8 never had a international version FF9 never had an international version   FFX international had no design changes they simply tweaked the sphere grid to have less grid nodes and starts every one out in the middle so they can be whatever they want, its far harder to simply master a character in every thing in the expert version of the grid then it was in the older version.    FFXII's job system was tweaked and had its name changed with new license boards added, and really what they did is rerelease the american version over there with 16:9 support  added....so no it wasn't redesigned or more polished over there thank you very much.  P.S: and no kingdom hearts 2 final mix + was not a redesigned game all it was was the english version rereleased over there with some new battles a single new cutscene and the chain of memories GBA remake. "

Have you played or own any of them?  I own almost all of them (just missing the shimmering edition of FF7 International >.<), and collected them and sought out to collect all of them.  Luckily, I found them all for less than 20000円。  FF12 adds way more stuff than what you listed, as it also contained a strong mode and weak mode, changed the layout of how items work, changed the gabit system, changed Mist Knacks, added the full job system of other past games, added more bosses, and sexed it up in the most beautiful box art they have ever made.  FFX had way more bosses, changed a lot of how the numbers worked in the background, changed item layouts, the Dark Summons, etc...luckily the PAL users here who own a copy of FFX got that for free with their standard issue so ask any PAL user.    KIngdom Hearts II FInal Mix + is way bigger than what you're making it out to be, ask anyone else here who owns it or played it.  I'm not going to argue what changes are made in International Versions when the majority of people here haven't heard of them or even played them.    "
    no...no...and no. 
    keep thinking what you want but the international versions did not change the design of the games, all ff7 was was the american version rereleased with a 4th disc, all X was added stuff and what amounts to bug fixes.
     http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/974868/41079
     FFXII international is the same it amounts to some additional content and bug fixes.

you act like the international versions are brand new games like totally new when they don't change the design they simply add some new content and tweaks which amount to bug fixes.  your using some sort of marvelous belief international version means completely redesigned as why it will come out, your trying hard to convince your self it seems in the end the international versions weren't redesigned they just had some additional content with bug fix type tweaks and while they will likely have an international version your claim of no DLC is wrong since thats not said at a single point in the interview you linked just that it wasn't in the works right now and they mention nothing about an international version either.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KaosAngel
    @WilliamRLBaker: Again, do you own any copies or do you just read stuff off GameFaq?  Most the stuff on there doesn't even contain the full stuff for FFX, FFX-2+TLM, KH+, KHFM+, FF7 DoC International, FF Dissidia Universal Tuning, FFXII IZJS.  FF7 wasn't that big of an update but the other stuff is.  

I honestly wanna know, have you played International Versions or just read stuff off Americans who hear what the games contain instead of going to Japanese forums or sites for real information?  FF12 completely changed mist knacks and how mp works cause mist knacks dont use MP anymore but these chips, also added new game modes, and loads of other stuff.  How do I know this?  I OWN THE DAMN GAMES, I have beaten every one of them and have a couple of them signed from work.  

Dude, if you want real information on International versions go to Japanese forums and check it out.  Almost all the people posting don't know what's in it due to language problems or just read off what other people have said.  PLAY THE GAMES and then tell me if they don't play completely differently.  FF12 IZJS feels nothing like the shit NA/EU got, and it's considered to be the game that Square was supposed to make from the start.
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By skrutop

Of course they'll do an international version.  It's a great way to get people to buy virtually the same game twice with very little work on the part of the developers.  Plus, the peoples really seem to want it, so why not?

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By danielkempster
    @KaosAngel: Great news for Japanese gamers, I'm sure. Just please, for the love of God, don't make ANOTHER 'Final Fantasy [insert number here] International Version' page in the Giant Bomb database. They're. Not. Needed. GB has Releases to cover that stuff.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By frankxiv

yo, double the trophies.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Burns098356GX

Hopefully it shows that they dont need to make a bunch of half-assed DLC's to make money on a game.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KaosAngel
    @dankempster said:
    " @KaosAngel: Great news for Japanese gamers, I'm sure. Just please, for the love of God, don't make ANOTHER 'Final Fantasy [insert number here] International Version' page in the Giant Bomb database. They're. Not. Needed. GB has Releases to cover that stuff. "
    I PMed Jeff about this and he agrees, they count as seperate games.  Even in Japan, they use a different SKU and are considered different...it's why we're supposed to put them there.
    Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DragoonKain1687
    @jadeskye said:
    " Okay?  Speculation is fun huh! "
    Actually, they have already talked about the international edition, and even said that it will be out this year in Japan,
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Demyx

If its not coming to the state, I can't say I really care.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MikkaQ

Wow the international version should be DLC. I wouldn't want a stupid region and console exclusive? What's the point? Might as well let everyone have it, and without having to buy the game twice as well. This isn't the 80s, we have the fucking internet, these companies should learn to use it.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By AndrewGaspar

And, for whatever reason, it won't be released in America... so how is this supposed to be exciting?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KaosAngel
    @XII_Sniper said:

" Wow the international version should be DLC. I wouldn't want a stupid region and console exclusive? What's the point? Might as well let everyone have it, and without having to buy the game twice as well. This isn't the 80s, we have the fucking internet, these companies should learn to use it. "

Star Ocean III and IV International both came out in the States, and FFX International came out in Europe.  Plus White Knight International and Persona 3 FES both came out in the States, albeit almost a year later.  You never know, if Star Ocean 4 International sells a lot in America, they might see the light of doing it. 

The truth is, how often are NA gamers willing to pay $60 for a more polished game?  They do it in Japan cause it works, and it works very well.

EDIT:  Americans did that with Halo ODST! XD XD XD
    Avatar image for computerplayer1
    Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34  Edited By Computerplayer1

No Caption Provided
    makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By makari

I hear they're adding a redundant world map, towns filled with NPC's that say useless things, making the summon animations roughly nine times longer, and adding a skipping rope sidequest to win a weapon that makes you hit for 9x9999 on a basic attack. GOTY 2011 confirmed.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#36  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Gah... they better not release an International version. Why not just release the game in its complete form to start with?!

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KaosAngel
    @creamypies said:
    " Gah... they better not release an International version. Why not just release the game in its complete form to start with?! "
    This doesn't make sense....games are always growing and changing.  How are you going to release a complete game when the stuff they do in the International Versions are done after the game comes out?  Movies do it all the time.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MikkaQ
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:

" Wow the international version should be DLC. I wouldn't want a stupid region and console exclusive? What's the point? Might as well let everyone have it, and without having to buy the game twice as well. This isn't the 80s, we have the fucking internet, these companies should learn to use it. "

Star Ocean III and IV International both came out in the States, and FFX International came out in Europe.  Plus White Knight International and Persona 3 FES both came out in the States, albeit almost a year later.  You never know, if Star Ocean 4 International sells a lot in America, they might see the light of doing it.   The truth is, how often are NA gamers willing to pay $60 for a more polished game?  They do it in Japan cause it works, and it works very well.  EDIT:  Americans did that with Halo ODST! XD XD XD "

Well the NA audiences aren't dumb, they don't rebuy a game, and developers know this. They DO buy DLC, which is why it's a lot smarter to make an international version just a DLC pack. And no, it's definitely not coming to NA, it wouldn't sell here, and they barely ever release international versions here, especially square. And Star Ocean 4 International won't sell that much, it's a rehash of an obscure JRPG, it's not like those types of releases have significant audiences in north america. 

Also that ODST comment is kinda stupid, way to be a fanboy. That was a full campaign. Might not have been great, but at least it was enough to warrant a full release. 
    matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#39  Edited By matthew
    @KaosAngel: So does this just matter for those who know Japanese, like yourself and the natives, or do most of the International versions come with at least English subs, if not voiceover . . .
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By eclipsesis
    @KaosAngel:

I bought FF XII international, i never completed it, buts that only because i had done 2 previously. It was better in most ways, like it had the difficulty from the european release, omega weapon was super beefed up, and the class system actually worked.

I will add however most of the International editions are just the European ones released, i think that that was the case for FFX anyway. 

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @KaosAngel said:
    Americans did that with Halo ODST! XD XD XD "
    I won't deny that ODST shouldn't have been full price (infact, it wasn't in Europe) 

but it added a new 6-8 hour campaign, around the length of most standard FPS games, and firefight mode, which was a lot of fun and added a great deal of replayability.. it also included the entire of Halo 3's multiplayer and maps, including ALL of the DLC and will give you access to the Reach beta in a few months.  I don't see how you can begin to compare that to a few minor gameplay tweaks being sold as a full price game rather than a patch or a $10 add on pack.
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By eclipsesis
    @WilliamRLBaker:

Sorry i have to ask, you have openly announced you hate for Final Fantasy numerous times. Then why do i always see your comments in the forums related to Final Fantasy?

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EvilTwin
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @creamypies said:
    " Gah... they better not release an International version. Why not just release the game in its complete form to start with?! "
    This doesn't make sense....games are always growing and changing.  How are you going to release a complete game when the stuff they do in the International Versions are done after the game comes out?  Movies do it all the time. "
    In what way?
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#45  Edited By ArbitraryWater

What is the point of this thread? Is KaosAngel going to overhype himself about FFXIII again, only to be disappointed. Again? Of course there is going to be an international edition, but why it matters I don't know.

Square should just release this inevitable addon as DLC. Of course they won't though. That would be too convenient.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By vidiot

What the hell is wrong with adding the minor changes, systemic to all "International Versions" as DLC? 
    The guys at Capcom got the message, the expansion being made for RE5 will be conveniently available as DLC for those of us who already bought the game. Hell, I can list giant expansions that dwarf what Square is going to do for it's International Version as DLC. 

But we know that's not going to happen, because Square has become comically predictable these days. Generally, I don't understand why everyone is wondering in the past few days what DLC this game probably is going to have. We're talking about the same company that released a demo, not online, but packaged with a movie at full price. 

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#47  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @creamypies said:
    This doesn't make sense....games are always growing and changing.  How are you going to release a complete game when the stuff they do in the International Versions are done after the game comes out?  Movies do it all the time. "
    Well that's fine as long as it's also released as DLC... I don't wanna have to go out and buy another copy of the game just for a few bonus features.
    beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By beforet

I don't see what's so great about Square screwing over their non-native audience by releasing another Japan-exclusive "International" version. I guess it isn't as bad as it was back in the PS2 days...

Animespara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Animespara

SE confirmed that no international version will be released.. what do you have to say about that?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Animespara said:
    " SE confirmed that no international version will be released.. what do you have to say about that? "
    They said the samething for FF12, Star Ocean 4, and Dissidia...look what happened there.  :-\

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.