Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

What's up with the little green guy? (spoilers maybe)

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I was exploring Gran Pulse and we found this little green cactus thing that is stuck in a running position. there was a little cutscene with Sazh, I found one and fought him and won, so I thought he was some sort of story related thing... but the battle just ended. Then I found some more around the Central Expanse. What is their purpose or do they have any?

m_rum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By m_rum

Play more Final Fantasy. Seriously. 

:P

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Addfwyn

Sabotenders (Cactuar I think in English) are a mainstay of the Final Fantasy franchise, if you haven't played many of them it may seem odd to you.  They are one of the typical FF monsters though, along with things like Tonberries, behemoths, et all. 

They drop chocobo plumes or cactuar dolls if I recall correctly.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By m1k3

might i point you in this direction: cactuar

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy

Haha, thanks. The FFs I've played and beaten were 3 (DS), 7, and 10. I don't remember a Cactuar in any of them... But I do remember tonberries from 7, the guys who slowly get closer to you. I wonder if they're in this game... :P I suppose the battle system of this game would mess it up though.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Addfwyn

Yes, Tonberries are in this game. 

Sabotender were in FFVII but extremely rare, and I believe they were in FFX (I know they were in FFX-2)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.