Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

Back in the saddle again

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

So I've been back playing again and dammit if it doesn't have its hooks back in me. Finally got passed Titan Hard and got my relic. Didn't even have to use the Echo for it on the run that went good but did notice that I still fight the lag monster more than anything on that fight.

Other than that I'm on the path to unlocking Moogle King and Leviathan but I must say I'm impressed with the amount of new content that has been released since the game came out. Some of it might be silly things like the Manderville dance but they've done a really nice job of infusing the game with content.

The new daily Duties are great as well and make leveling those low level dungeons less difficult since they reward Tomes for people running level 50's. I highly recommend anyone that may have been on the fence before to give it another shot. I'm loving my time back in the world so far.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By cloudymusic

Yeah, Titan is extremely unforgiving in terms of lag. Even one or two laggy people could doom your run...although now that 2.2 is out, maybe everyone outgears it by so much that it doesn't matter anymore (I haven't tried). I love the new content that they've added, too, and I like how some of the lower-level dungeons have interesting mechanics (Qarn, etc) and can stay relevant due to level sync.

I'm not playing right now due to the time investment necessary to keep up with weekly caps and whatnot, but that's MMOs in general, and nothing specific against this game.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

Heh, I did Story Titan for the first time the other day with some of the Giantbomb FC promptly got smacked off the platform and killed like a scub. The rest of the FC members managed to kill him without me though lol.

And yeah, the roulette stuff is smart. It keeps a fresh rotation of players in early content to allow new players to always find parties for early dungeons. Very smart design there and that sweet sweet XP bonus makes it worthwhile for higher level peeps to do early dungeons again.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Not looking forward to the Atma and tome grind but there are plenty of other things to do besides that stuff. Not like I'm hardcore raiding and actually need that equipment.

Wish there was a better a way to grind out some of the other jobs but seeing how active the community still is gives me hope to level up the other classes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.