Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

lobby server connection has encountered an error

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lusence

just tried to log on today and cant get past the lobby screen. the start button is greyed out and after about 30 secs i keep getting the same lobby server error. what up?

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lusence

aww there is goes was getting worried, had about 5 or 6 tries there before it worked...

George_McBain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By George_McBain

This is happening to a lot of people right now. I might just go play some other games ...

George_McBain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By George_McBain

This is happening to a lot of people right now. I might just go play some other games ...

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently this happened to everyone. Shouldn't take long till servers are back up since they didn't announce any maintenance.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Kinda glad I didn't pick this up when I wanted to. Let them sort out their troubles, then I'll jump in.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Verendus

From official forums:

[NA] Several Worlds Technical Difficulties (Aug. 31)

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players are being disconnected from instances on the North American and European data center Worlds. As a result, customers who were disconnected from said content are unable to log in.

The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Date & Time]

From Aug. 31, 2013 12:53 a.m. (PDT)

[Details]

- Disconnected from certain instances.

- Unable to log in after being disconnected from certain instances.

[Affected Worlds]

North American and European Data Denter Worlds

- Adamantoise

- Balmung

- Behemoth

- Cactuar

- Cerberus

- Coeurl

- Diabolos

- Excalibur

- Exodus

- Faerie

- Gilgamesh

- Goblin

- Hyperion

- Lamia

- Leviathan

- Malboro

- Midgardsormr

- Moogle

- Odin

- Phoenix

- Ragnarok

- Sargatanas

- Shiva

- Siren

- Ultros

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What, you didn't want to actually play the game you paid for over the three day weekend, did you? Crazy talk.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not to mention the world lists keep messing up. first all the NA/EU worlds are full so have to make a JP char. Then I log on the next day to see the world list for JP is gone. So had to start a EU char. if i was to play the game. Now I log in and the NA/EU world list is down again... I live in NA, ah well freaking stupid devs need to get their shiat together. This game has been around for what, 4 years now?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Darji

@lusence said:

not to mention the world lists keep messing up. first all the NA/EU worlds are full so have to make a JP char. Then I log on the next day to see the world list for JP is gone. So had to start a EU char. if i was to play the game. Now I log in and the NA/EU world list is down again... I live in NA, ah well freaking stupid devs need to get their shiat together. This game has been around for what, 4 years now?

just exit and try again this is a matter of too many people logging in and the server can not handle it. They are on their way to upgrade these servers but so long just exit and re log. It is much faster than always making a new char^^

nadesico33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, at least if you manage to hit a login queue, you're fine. Earlier in the week the queue was still no guarantee of not hitting 1017 or 2002.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DeathTrap

Well, at least if you manage to hit a login queue, you're fine. Earlier in the week the queue was still no guarantee of not hitting 1017 or 2002.

You jinxed it. The login problems are back. Again.

nadesico33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nadesico33 said:

You jinxed it. The login problems are back. Again.

Yep, and between 1017, 2002, and "Unable to update Group NA/EU character list." I've been locked out for two days. And was finally ready to hit up Halatali. :/

Avatar image for smashed_pumpkins
    smashed_pumpkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Today was the 1st day I managed to get in. I kept retrying for 50 mins while watching something on my laptop. When I got in there were no problems, played for 7 hours. After I signed out I signed back in to see if it was still broken. I got the NA/EU servers error message.

I fully expect to try and play tomorrow and receive a whole new error message that I have never seen before.

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By north6

This game is all the way on fire, unless you can actually log in. There are 3 points of failure which all regularly fail.

1. Can't click "start" button once you log in - "Lobby Server error"

2. Once you log in, ALL EU/NA World list's won't populate any server.

3. Once you get into the server and select your character, you get the 1017 "Yo this game is too full, once there is a spot opened, come back!" error that basically means "Oh god we should have made login queues, why didn't we make login queues."

When you can actually play the game itself its pretty good, but the menu and general UI elements are familiar to ffxi players, which means they are all the way on fire too. It might be the worst in game map ever. Why does autotarget always target the wrong thing, i.e. someone else's carbuncle? I don't think i have ever once wanted to target anyone's carbuncle, including mine.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yah i agree i was feeling pretty pissed about the map issues at first. and i HATE the auto target system, so frustrating some times.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lusence said:

yah i agree i was feeling pretty pissed about the map issues at first. and i HATE the auto target system, so frustrating some times.

Yeah, I was going to mention that. What's up with the targeting system? Tab targeting never seems to actually get to the target I want (as it would in most MMOs) after the first target (ie, tab once, get the closest. Tab again after that and God knows where that mob is I'm now targeting).

nadesico33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nadesico33

The way Tab targeting works it is that it hits any selectable PC, NPC, or mob that is both onscreen, and within your character's vision cone, and cycles from left to right. Auto-targeting simply hits closest onscreen target within your character's vision cone. The vision cone stuff is not hard though, if your character is facing the screen, but things onscreen and within the cone seem to be prioritized.

Why can't it be like FFXI where I could just hit F8, which selected nearest visible target, but would prioritize mobs over everything else.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.