Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy

Franchise »

Final Fantasy is Square Enix's most famous and successful franchise and has been going for more than 35 years. With the impending release of Final Fantasy XVI, there are sixteen numbered mainline games, with dozens of spin-offs.

Final Fantasy X-2 HD confirmed to be coming with X HD

• 72 results
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

X-2 HD has been confirmed to be coming with X HD on PS3. You'll get both games for what seems to be 60$. It has also been confirmed that both games will be the International versions, complete with the additional content.

Both games will be coming seperately for the Vita, for 30$ each. It has also been confirmed that the PS3 and Vita versions will have distinct trophy sets.

Square shall have all of my monies. All of it.

Source

edit: for some of you who might be out of the loop, Square recently confirmed that they are not merely porting the game in HD, but are retouching some of the characters. In particular, their faces are quite a bit more detailed and have more polygons to them than their original PS2 counterparts. Here's a video. I suggest you watch it in 720p.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

OMG must have :D

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I haven't played X. Was it as good as... well, I guess I've only actually played XIII and IV, but I loved both of those. Well, it doesn't matter, I suppose I'll find out when they come out for Vita.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played X. Was it as good as... well, I guess I've only actually played XIII and IV, but I loved both of those. Well, it doesn't matter, I suppose I'll find out when they come out for Vita.

It's considered one of the best FFs... if you liked XIII, you'll like this one for sure! :]

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

X-2? I love that combat system, hate pretty much everything else (even though the story isn't as melodramatic as X is)

except some of the music.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

edited the OP.

I reiterate: I will be buying all of these versions. PS3 collection + X Vita + X-2 Vita. I SHALL HAVE ALL OF THEM.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Morrow

edited the OP.

I reiterate: I will be buying all of these versions. PS3 collection + X Vita + X-2 Vita. I SHALL HAVE ALL OF THEM.

lol xD Same here :D

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Be nice to have cross buy, but we shall see

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Now I'm interested. Final Fantasy X-2 is perhaps one of the greatest unintentionally comedic RPGs to ever have been made. Also it has a job system.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Animasta

Now I'm interested. Final Fantasy X-2 is perhaps one of the greatest unintentionally comedic RPGs to ever have been made. Also it has a job system.

this is also true.

I also think of dragon age 2 this way as well

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By TepidShark

Probably a better call to put both games in one collection together at least when it comes to PS3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh fuck off you guys trying to sell 10 year old games for 60 fucking dollars. As soon as I read the title I went "oh what they want to try to sell this for 60 bucks?"

They're doing this because they want to get 30 or 40 for X when it clearly should be 20. But if they pack it with some other shit they can call it a collection. This also lets them sell X-2 at a way higher rate than if they sold them separately.

Also have to agree with @Animasta, the combat system (and the amount of minigame activities) was surprisingly great. I like the visual style and the combat of that game, the rest is what I would hold as the prototype of Stupid Anime Horseshit. The spirit of the singer lived on through the dresssphere and it fills the spirits of the thunder plains with joy..! Eat ten million dicks, FFX-2 writers.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GabrielCantor

Oh damn, and here I was thinking that nobody else would have wanted that. I'll definitely get this if/when it gets localized, along with the KH HD thing this fall. Some PS2 Square goodness.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AuthenticM

@brodehouse: Well they are including X-2 on the PS3 disc because they have to. Sony requires that HD rereleases of PS2 games on disc come at least in pairs. Square could not release FFX HD alone on a disc and X-2 on another. They can on the Vita, but not on PS3. Although I do agree that it's weird for them to be charging 60$ instead of the usual 40$. I guess they are aware that the fans will buy the games regardless.

Also, obligatory:

Loading Video...

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only wanted X, as it's the Final Fantasy game I am most fond of. But sure, I'll take X-2 as well.

On1inepersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just like FFXIII versus, I'll believe it when I see it.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AuthenticM

X-2 got a lot of flak for its opening video. A lot of people were so put off by it that they let it color their judgement for the rest of the game, which was quite good. I considered its battle system to be the best in the franchise until XIII was out. XIII has the best combat system, but also has a lot more problems than X-2 does, so X-2 is the better game. In my eyes, at least.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only really care about X, since it's the only FF game I loved, but sure I'll play X-2 again. But the other question is when the hell is this out? Because this was announced two years ago and then never heard from again.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Too much money.

X-2 got a lot of flak for its opening video. A lot of people were so put off by it that they let it color their judgement for the rest of the game, which was quite good. I considered its battle system to be the best in the franchise until XIII was out. XIII has the best combat system, but also has a lot more problems than X-2 does, so X-2 is the better game. In my eyes, at least.

I never played the game but that opening video makes me want to play it. It was silly in a way I can get behind.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brodehouse: Although I do agree that it's weird for them to be charging 60$ instead of the usual 40$. I guess they are aware that the fans will buy the games regardless.

The only justification I can think of for this is a time value for money spent thing. Most of the HD collections that have come out have been relatively short action games (ICO/SotC, R&C, J&D, GoW, DMC), and they are also light on content compared to these. I have files of both of these games at 100+ hours, which isn't something I can say about any of those other games. They're also doing a lot more work to update them, so there's that.

Rokkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rokkaku

Finally, I never got round to playing these when they came out, and since I won't be able to afford a PS4 this Christmas, I'll go backwards and play these instead!

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Ohhh shiiiit. I'm one of those people that actually like X-2 more than X.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AuthenticM

@rokkaku: You are in for a treat my friend. X is a masterpiece. Gameplay, story, characters, the world in general; truly a fantastic game.

edit: this is weird. The topic has disappeared from the Newest Topics forum. This means we can now freely discuss how to blow up the White House without anyone discovering about it !

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Karkarov

This is amazing! I didn't there was a way Square-Enix could make me less interested in buying this... but they found one!

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Petiew

I always thought the less detailed face shots in X looked like someone had haphazardly glued features and hair onto the face, so I'm glad they're changing that.

I believe the EU already had the International version of X(Maybe?) but we never got X-2's version, so I'm looking forward to checking it out. I've still got the huge detailed guide for that game somewhere.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#26  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

That seems like a steep cost, but who am I kidding? I know I'll shell out for it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Take ALL my money square! So excited! I never played more than the first 20 minutes of X-2

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TepidShark
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Justin258

So should I finish FFX on PS2 or get this? Man, $60 is steep for a game I could play in a much lower resolution. I would have much preferred XII and not X2, I don't quite have the right sense of ironic enjoyment for X2.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

X-2 was pretty good,

I liked it because it felt like more of an adventure game then a stat building rpg. With the jumbled language that would unjumble the more you talked to people. And the talking to people on your ship. Yah, it was built into levels, not "open world" that was a real turn off. But thinking back on it, the levels in FFX-2 are comparable to Cities in FFVII except instead of exploring the world and finding Tiffa in the woods, you find Tiffa in a City.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im hoping these come on Vita cards, that way I may be able to get them cheaper than the $30 pricetag. I feel like these on the Vita would be really cool

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played something like 140 hours of FFX. It was my favorite PS2 RPG (I didn't play Persona 4 until Golden came out, but P4 is unquestionably better), but I think I'd rather have it occupy that fond place in my memory. Most of the times when I go back and play old games I end up thinking they look and play like crap. No so much SNES era stuff, but PS1 and early PS2 era games really haven't aged well.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I could go for one of my favorite games touched up in HD. Might go for the cheaper vita version since X is the main draw for me and not X-2. Before I get my hopes up too much, have they established any kind of time frame for when this will be releasing?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34  Edited By JasonR86

Sold!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Oh wow, now I think I have to buy this. Dodging lightning 200 times in a row, here I come.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The better of the 2 games making its way in.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will buy this. X-2's battle and levelling system was a lot of fun. Everything else about it? Not so much. It totally sucks that they come separately on Vita and you don't get the Vita version with the PS3 version though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5
    deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I'd play X-2 again even if Square Enix paid me.

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Torrim

Yes! I never finished either of those games and would love HD versions as an excuse to do so. I still have a copy of X-2 I kept for a rainy day for when I finished X and never did. This is good news indeed.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-2 BEST FF GAME

DIDN'T EVEN FINISH IT

CLASSIC

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally!

A bit too pricey, though. And is it only on disc? Should be a $40 PSN download for the pair.

Still awesome, though.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

This might be my push to get a Vita, never finished X because of shitty Mad Katz memory card..

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MariachiMacabre

This might be my push to get a Vita, never finished X because of shitty Mad Katz memory card..

Hell, P4G alone is worth getting a Vita. X is just beautiful, nostalgiac icing on the cake for me. Best FF game as far as I'm concerned.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XII HD or no deal.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DarkShaper

I loved FF X and FF X-2 when I first played them but I don't think I can go back, time was not kind to those plot lines.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#46  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@pr1mus said:

XII HD or no deal.

I'd actually un-ironically buy that if it was the international version that added the job system. Because, as we all know, the best Final Fantasy games are the ones where you dress your characters up in silly costumes and stat munchkin the hell out of them.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a Vita owner who only cares about X, this works out pretty fucking well. X was the first JRPG I really played, and I always regret not beating it (goddamn that final Seymore fight), but soon I will.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck off with this barely updated shit and remake FFVI.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I'm in for the international versions of the games. It always annoyed me that I could never play those without a Japanese PS2. They should do the same for the first two Kingdom Hearts games.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By lego_my_eggo

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.