Is the newest Beastcast (ep 185) a repeat?

Phrenze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So either my download was messed up or I'm having the craziest deja vu ever. Is the newest episode of the Beastcast a reupload? I have definitely heard this all before.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bmccann42

Came through fine for me - they recorded after the Bombcast and did the Beastcast version of the "Aftershow".

Edit - just found out I was totally wrong from a few other comments! Pay no attention to me!!!!

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By void
frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a little embarrassed how long I kept listening because I assumed Vinny misspoke or was just screwing around.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely, hoping it was a mistake and they've got some fresh content to share soon...

fleasquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like it got taken down on iTunes already. Playback stopped midstream for me.

craymen_edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By craymen_edge

I just logged in a couple of minutes ago and the correct podcast was up this time, but it had the wrong player (the cassette one from the old site), which didn't play when clicked, but the download link worked.

Then the page disappeared. Someone's had a bad day today, it seems.

EDIT: it's back, properly. I'm a little sad I didn't get to hear it during my work day or commute home (it's 18:45 now)

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird. I pulled the latest Beastcast from iTunes (or whatever it is these days) at about 6:00am ET and it was their...AfterMashUp?

Clearly the right episode, though...

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@phrenze It's fixed now, probably they accidentally selected the 2017 rather than 2018 in the CMS

ildon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was wondering what happened, and I feel kind of dumb for not knowing it was a repeat, especially because I even thought "Man, Vinny sure likes doing that annoying voice fake caller gag a lot." I was really confused when I started driving home from work and it was starting up a new podcast that was entirely different from what had been playing in the morning.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@ildon said:

I was wondering what happened, and I feel kind of dumb for not knowing it was a repeat, especially because I even thought "Man, Vinny sure likes doing that annoying voice fake caller gag a lot." I was really confused when I started driving home from work and it was starting up a new podcast that was entirely different from what had been playing in the morning.

holy shit man lol. I listened to this today and had a few weird moments doing so. I recall specifically the fake caller thing thinking alright alright enough already, then feeling like he has done it before... odd deja vu vibe. Turns out I was on the same bus at the same time listening to the same podcast as a year ago, one year later. I also remember especially at he end when Dan told the picture frame story and Jeff told the Cocktail cabinet heist idea that they were repeating themselves. Oh boy.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Ha! I listened to that whole podcast while doing chores and had no freaking idea! Downloading the correct one now.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had no idea until they started talking about Ryan McDonald laying down fiber.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Same here, listened to the whole thing, not realising until I saw this thread! Thanks!

The weird thing was when they pushed the correct version, in my podcast app they both had the same name and lenght, which was confusing and I assumed it was actually an error of the app, not the feed. I wonder how many people will miss this episode entirely, as I nearly did, especially now that the site redesign pushed many people away from forums.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if you listen to the right podcast, it’s half a re-run.

Dan talks about that framed picture he put in his pants. Jeff talks about the planned Ms. Pac-Man cocktail caper. I think there were a couple of other well-worn stories that came up.

Not complaining, it was just funny to hear so many come up, especially given this thread.

Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter said:

Even if you listen to the right podcast, it’s half a re-run.

Dan talks about that framed picture he put in his pants. Jeff talks about the planned Ms. Pac-Man cocktail caper. I think there were a couple of other well-worn stories that came up.

Not complaining, it was just funny to hear so many come up, especially given this thread.

You were listening to the old episode if Jeff or Dan was on it.

To clear it up for anyone: the real podcast is Vinny, Alex, Abby, and Ben sitting in as a guest. They talk about the new Smash Brothers but otherwise they talk news and take questions, vs being an all question cast like last years. They do talk about being burned out on games again but other than that, no repeating stuff really besides a couple bits Ben mentions.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephen_von_cloud: Ha! I need to relisten.

This may be a sign that I’ve consumed too much Giant Bomb over the years. ;)

Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter said:

@stephen_von_cloud: Ha! I need to relisten.

This may be a sign that I’ve consumed too much Giant Bomb over the years. ;)

I get it haha. As I said in my post I had multiple deja vu moments on my listen but didn't put it together at all until I checked the forum. There was oddly basically nothing directly dating the old episode since they didn't talk news or games they were playing.

My podcast app had trouble grabbing the new episode but I got it off the site directly.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@ildon said:

holy shit man lol. I listened to this today and had a few weird moments doing so. I recall specifically the fake caller thing thinking alright alright enough already, then feeling like he has done it before... odd deja vu vibe. Turns out I was on the same bus at the same time listening to the same podcast as a year ago, one year later. I also remember especially at he end when Dan told the picture frame story and Jeff told the Cocktail cabinet heist idea that they were repeating themselves. Oh boy.

Yeah, I just thought it was them retelling old stories/jokes which they do a lot. But who am I to judge when I didnt even realise i'd already listened to it ;p

On the bright side I have another episode of the Beastcast to listen to...

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I listened to it twice and couldn't tell it wasn't new! How strange.