Which rendition of the Bombcast theme is your favorite?

• 81 results
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Edited By liquiddragon

Poll Which rendition of the Bombcast theme is your favorite? (385 votes)

Version 1 3%
V2 16%
V3 29%
V4 8%
V5 14%
V6 12%
GOTY V1 2%
GOTY V2 2%
GOTY V3 6%
GOTY V4 7%
GDC 2009 1%
E3 2010 1%

I really like V5, for some reason it makes me really nostalgic and takes me back to my childhood though I also really enjoy the V3 & V4 of GOTY.

Below are links to each versions in order of the poll for your reference.

• 
SeriuzBiznus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

V5 is my jammmmm.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

V2 all the way. Pure nostalgia drug.

anobix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tie between goty v3 and v3

MovieFlask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I love V3, but wish it was pitched a little faster like V5 (my second favorite).

V3 was straight-up 70s cop show vibe, so I wonder what a more 80s/90s action show/movie vibe with some SNES/Genesis pixel sounding aspects to it would sound like.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#75 fisk0  Moderator

Interesting to see this bumped, kinda hoping there'll be a new version of the theme for the new era of the site.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

You just can't beat version 3. They were playing for keeps.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V3 is the only old one I still distinctly remember and occasionally think about when I start an episode. It's so distinctive and memorable that sometimes I think it is still the default tune and that whatever is new is just playing because they lost the track that week. That said, listening to all of these back to back, I think V5 might be my personal favorite. It's like if the Bombcast were a boss fight in a Genesis game.

I'd love to see a calendar of when each of these played. I've been listening since the beginning and I think if somebody asked me I would've guessed there were only like three different themes.

cLoudForest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The two 4s: the raucous v4 bombcast theme and the mellow jazz stylings of GOTY v4 (extended cut)

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@fisk0 said:

Interesting to see this bumped, kinda hoping there'll be a new version of the theme for the new era of the site.

Yeah, I'm sure Jeff, Jeff, & Co. have other priorities during business hours related to the site rework meetings, but now does seem like an especially good time to consider commissioning a new Bombcast version and/or new Bombcast artwork, both of which are something like 7-8 years old at this point.

I suppose it would make sense to do this but not unveil the new music/art until the Bombcast exits this interim period.

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#80  Edited By effache

V3 is the canonical one in my head, but I dig the groove of GOTY-V4 so I voted for that one. V2 is also a very strong contender

Rohay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bisonhero: im the one that linked this thread to a recent Reddit post asking about possible theme change and realized that maybe not everyone that uses the giantbomb subreddit had heard past themes but also Jeff commented there and said he had some idea and people to contact just has not had the time yet

https://www.reddit.com/r/giantbomb/comments/naggb6/now_would_be_the_perfect_time_to_change_up_the/