Can't reset password or login on my proper account

whocaresargh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

pretty much what the title says. I know that i am entering the right email and user name into the reset form, i still have GB emails in my inbox. The account's page is still up but when I enter that it just says that it "We couldn't find any account matching this email or username."

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/swd/

Any ideas? Just a new site hiccup?

Jackel2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also can't log into my normal account

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

ok i managed to log in. i just kept clicking log in log in log in and the 3rd time was the charm!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4 gamer_152  Moderator

One of the other mods had this issue and just got into their account by pure perseverance, it's fairly likely that it's an issue to do with the site being a little unstable right now. If you really can't get back in you should shoot Dave a PM.

idBloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

PM me if you have issues with log in; I'd like to know email or/and username so I can backtrace your account

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idbloc: however cant log in with my ipad. just keep getting wrong user name/password

idBloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mmmmhmhh weird weird it shouldn't be related to the device you are using, maybe it's too much to ask but could you clear your browsing cache on your iPad? I'll try with mine as well

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jackel2072
idBloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, if you get "Wrong username/password" it's 99.99% that your username or your password is wrong. I'll double check tomorrow

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idbloc: pretty sure its right. anyways i sent you a PM with more info.

Naldean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Naldean

I was having problems logging in as well, with the username/password that was saved in my browser so I know it was correct. At some point it occurred to me that I was logging in using my email (which had always worked before) rather than my username. I tried username and it worked right away.

So if anyone who is having trouble is trying to log in using your email address, maybe try username instead.

Laivasse1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Laivasse1

I'm also locked out. When I log in it gives me a wrong info error although my name/pw are stored in my browser. Then when I attempt to reset my pw it tells me I haven't yet logged in on my account, even though I have about 300+ forum posts. It also says 'Whoops, something went wrong! We are working on it!' and no reset email gets sent to me.

Main account: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/laivasse/

Ocean_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ocean_H

@naldean

said:

I was having problems logging in as well, with the username/password that was saved in my browser so I know it was correct.At some point it occurred to me that I was logging in using my email (which had always worked before) rather than my username.I tried username and it worked right away.

So if anyone who is having trouble is trying to log in using your email address, maybe try username instead.

That's what just happened to me but the opposite: was trying the username and never worked. Tried logging with my email instead and it worked.

Edit: Now I see why my username didn't worked: there used to be a space in it and it's now been replaced by an underscore.

And for some reason, I had to login using my old email address instead of my latest/new email that is actually shown in my account.

cannedmanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am having the same issue, neither username nor email works. Internal error =(

idBloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Send me a PM with email and/or username; I'll respond faster that way

kilroyandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its the username not e-mail!!! Jeez i was being so dumb!!!