Can't listen to podcasts on Sonos

cmelancon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I used to listen to Giant Bombcast and Beastcast on Sonos using the "Radio by tunein" app on Sonos. It doesn't work anymore with an error message of "the connection to tunein was lost" in the desktop Sonos app (Windows). All other podcasts work fine, except those two. This failure coincides suspiciously with the departure of Drew. What's up with that?

Joking aside, thanks for your help.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I used to listen to Giant Bombcast and Beastcast on Sonos using the "Radio by tunein" app on Sonos. It doesn't work anymore with an error message of "the connection to tunein was lost" in the desktop Sonos app (Windows). All other podcasts work fine, except those two. This failure coincides suspiciously with the departure of Drew. What's up with that?

Joking aside, thanks for your help.

I'm not familiar with that app. Were you subscribed via the RSS feeds? Premium or regular?

cmelancon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie:

Well, the Sonos sound systems allows you to stream from different content providers on the Web, such as Spotify and others. To stream podcasts, you need to use the "Radio by Tunein" streaming service. So no, I don't subscribe to the RSS feed, I just stream from this service. The Giant Bomb and Giant Beastcast regular podcasts are available on that service as streams. See here : http://tunein.com/radio/Giant-Bombcast-p338147/

The more I write this, the more I realize that I'm probably going to need to ask the Tunein support for help.

One thing I found on the Tunein website is this : Currently, Sonos devices can only play streams in mp3, wma, and AAC formats. Stations that do not stream in one of these formats will not be available on Sonos devices.

Is it possible that you guys have changed your podcast file format recently???

Thanks again.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@cmelancon: They're still MP3s like always as far as I'm aware.

Spanner_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any updates on this? I'm having the same problem with Tunein/SONOS.

lepou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else have an update on this? @rorie - any idea? Bombcast and Beastcast are literally the only ones I can't play via Sonos with Overcast/Pocketcast/TuneIN.

HibikiRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Having this issue now with Amazon Echo, which also uses TuneIn by default to stream the Bombcast. It used to work a few months ago and now it no longer works, but it also appears the Bombcast is no longer available when searching on the TuneIn Radio website. Other streams such as Aftermath do show up and work. Any ideas?

cann3dheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I added both podcasts back to Tune In. If it happens again, Tune In doesn't really seem to verify who is sending the application, so someone (read: anyone) just needs to send them the RSS feed.