Files Fail To Download

Tosshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tosshi

I have tried to download the files from shows I missed over the weekend (UPF, Playdate, Mortician's Tale) but receive an error in Chrome "Failed - File Incomplete." I found a lot of posts stating this is a known Chrome bug going back years, and tried again on a clean install of Firefox. From Firefox I received an error that the source file does not exist, so I cannot download.

I tried downloading the Gran Turismo Sport QL on a second computer, and same error. Failed - File Incomplete. I did eventually get UPF to download about 50%, then it failed and resuming results in instant error.

Edit: Also tried download podcasts. They failed. I downloaded the Firefox installer fine from the Mozilla site. Tried using MS Edge, and same failure to download.

tiny_tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By tiny_tank

I'm also having issues with the video player (for premium videos, obviously loading the youtube vids is fine), I'm a premium member and I can't get the files to play, and if I try to download them I get an error stating the source file cannot be read. I'm using Firefox, other browsers (chrome) doesn't seem to work either. Oddly if I try to play a video on my phone through chrome it will load. But I can't save the video even selecting "mobile" format on my PC. @rorie is it just me/us or is there a larger issue?

Gigastormz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Same problem here. Unable to download any videos. I am using Chrome. File starts downloading then stops and says "Failed - File Incomplete"

thizzle7xu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here. Any video download failed in Chrome and Firefox. Streaming is also buffering quite a bit. Tried HTML5 and Progressive.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

I had a video pause here and there but a reload fixed that. I would try HTML5 instead of progressive since it seems more flexible with quality and resuming and that stuff. (used chrome for that)

I tried downloading a podcast with firefox and got some failed downloads but reloading once them got me the file.

Tried downloading a video (the latest demo derby) at medium quality using firefox and got a failed download, same with mobile. I tried again after writing that and it worked fine that time so it's a bit off and on?

A possible workaround could be downthemall for firefox, it lets you resume and there is also a "force download" that got me through some downloads I had to retry over and over. It gave me a "size mismatch" error when it paused which is more info than you can get out of firefox it seems.

Knifey_Spoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having the same issue. I tried downloading some of the Life is Strange megadates in both Chrome and Firefox, and got the same errors as OP.

Zujx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also having the same problem all my downloads fail.

I doubt its a coincidence but the firestick app "Giant Bomb enthusiast" just stopped working as well.

WeFightForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have tried premium and regular versions of the latest bombcast, and the premium beastcast. No luck on any of them. Tried on my partner's laptop at her house, and then again on my home laptop at my house.

test0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't download files on my computer or podcasts with Doggcatcher on my phone so I doubt it's related to software.

With my phone I've tried both cellular and wi-fi and both fail.

NolanQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, has this just started happening to a bunch of people? I can't install Origin because my computer can't seem to download files. WTF is going on?

test0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nolanq: It started working for me again a few hours after making my post. But I think for the people in this thread it was only GB that wasen't working properly. If you can't download anything then you need to try another computer/device first and if that doesn't work either then contact your ISP.

If the other device works then I would recommend reinstalling Windows.

Mupod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had this happen to me yesterday when trying to download Steal My Sunshine. I was able to get it downloaded by resuming over and over, but yeah.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I continue to have this problem, but Giant Bomb's hosting has been consistently terrible for me, and every other video streaming/downloading site works totally fine by comparison on the same device and internet connection.

saladxaxsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had the same problem for the past few days, seems to be working fine now for me. Premium videos are also streaming without audio stuttering/buffering

Vitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Akamai screwing up again.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@gigastormz: @tiny_tank: @tosshi: Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier; is this still occurring for you all or was this just a temporary glitch?

Tosshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Whatever caused it fixed itself sometime on Monday!

tiny_tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@rorie Everything seems fine for me now as well.

scott ster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The constant buffering is still an issue for me. I haven't watched premium videos in over a month. Tried to watch today and it's still a problem.

Gigastormz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20  Edited By Gigastormz

@rorie: Seems to have magically fixed itself. Thanks!