Forum posts suddenly disappearing

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

Not sure what's happening but I check my recent forum posts on my profile page and they're all just...gone? I'm sure if I was breaking any forum rules with those posts the mods would let me know right? On Firefox in a Windows 8.1 machine.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I looked at your profile and I see all the deleted posts as well, but they weren't deleted by a moderator and there is no reason any of them should have been deleted anyway. An engineer will have to look into this one. Are you sure there is no way you could have deleted them yourself, maybe by mistake on mobile or something?

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One more thing it might have been. I did just recently clean out the 'Your Updates' feed on my profile page which seems to get populated with random posts from staff members which I don't know how to prevent. Manually deleted them one by one and then this forum problem pops up. Perhaps something about the API detected me deleting things from that tab and also thought to delete my forum posts? I have no idea why the site would let that happen but that's my best guess as of now.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@mezmero said:

One more thing it might have been. I did just recently clean out the 'Your Updates' feed on my profile page which seems to get populated with random posts from staff members which I don't know how to prevent. Manually deleted them one by one and then this forum problem pops up. Perhaps something about the API detected me deleting things from that tab and also thought to delete my forum posts? I have no idea why the site would let that happen but that's my best guess as of now.

Just tested, I can confirm that deleting items from the "Your Updates" feed also deletes the items with the same index from the "Your Activity" feed.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Well that sucks. Seems like a huge oversight for that to be a thing in 2018 but hopefully some top men will sort this out.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mezmero

Since the problem has more or less been pinpointed would it be possible to have my deleted posts restored? Feels kind of messed up to have lost that stuff I've written purely because of an oversight in poor web design.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

test

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@mezmero: I went ahead and undeleted everything I could see for the past few weeks from your profile. I'll see if I can replicate this with a test account and see if we can figure out what's going on.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I've had the same few things in that feed on my profile page for years now, and only just decided to delete them a few minutes ago. I then opened and read this thread, went to check if I was affected by what mezmero details up above, and of course some of my posts are gone.

Don't care if they're recovered or not, just thought it was funny timing.