GBeast studio, wide shot out of focus?

EJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Not sure where to post this, but this has bugged me for a bit... It's tough to tell unless you're watching on tv or full-screen, but I think the wide shot may be out of focus,

I scaled down the other shot of Dan for reference

No Caption Provided

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I'm no camera scientist, but are all three of them sitting at different distances away from the camera? If so, that might be why none of them are quite perfect.

EJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm certainly no camera scientist either, but the fact that all of em are kinda blurry makes me think somethin's a little off?

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As a camera scientist in training I can say that getting multiple people in a wide shot (at slightly different depths) can be tricky and very lighting/aperture dependent. Even more so if the camera operator has to be in the shot.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@pdxsonic said:

As a camera scientist in training I can say that getting multiple people in a wide shot (at slightly different depths) can be tricky and very lighting/aperture dependent. Even more so if the camera operator has to be in the shot.

It should be easier to get folks in focus using a wide angle lens, but yeah I think they all sit on an angle from the wide camera so they might not have enough light to bump up the aperture effectively. I'd prefer the bump in noise from a higher ISO3 than a slightly out-of-focus shot though.