New threads pulling names and dates from old ones?

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sanity

So i just saw this, its a thread created today and yet if you look on the main forum it has a different author, creation date, and over 10K views in less then 10 minutes. Im thinking this thread title was created before and its pulling the old data or something. heres a image to show the main page.

No Caption Provided

Sorry if this is a known issue or something.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

The thread's ID is 440513. That's really low. We're in the millions now. That would have to be an old thread. From August 2010 maybe?

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sanity

@lordandrew said:

The thread's ID is 440513. That's really low. We're in the millions now. That would have to be an old thread. From August 2010 maybe?

Yea, but the thread i linked was just created today, yet it has the author, date, and view count of the old thread when you view it on the general discussion page. The post count is the only thing thats right.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not saying it's right. I'm trying to figure out what's going on. MrAriscottle is Fudgeman7. Those stats are from the thread I found. Because the thread has the same ID as the old thread, the stats stayed the same.

But the question is, why was the ID of an old thread reused? And what happened to the original thread that used to have that ID?

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

thanks for the heads up, we're digging into this

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only thought is that it was cause by the thread titles somehow conflicting as there exactly the same, no idea why it would actually do that though.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordAndrew

Here's something that looks important. In case the link doesn't work for you, or you see something different, it's Google's archive of the page from recently. Here's what I see.

Good PSP RPG's?

Please Log In

That's the thread title, followed by a prompt to log in. The thread is empty. A logged in user would see an editor instead of the login prompt and would be able to post in this empty thread. Maybe that's what MrGarfieldMan did. Why was it empty though? What happened to MrAriscottle's original thread from 2010?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone has pointed out another empty thread. It's not just the PSP RPG thread.

@mrpibb said:

thanks for the heads up, we're digging into this

How goes the digging?

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

digging is good, looking for a fix now.