Podcast Addict: fails bomb/beast cast download. filesize?

edcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By edcase
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hey longtime android user of podcast addict here, first time experiencing problem. So trying to download any episode of the Beast or Bombcast it comes up with this error here:

Aside from the humorous timing for "The Internet in Your Pants" to error with "File size seems too small to be a valid media file (-1 B)..." this is a bit of an issue.

It's happening to all episodes past and present of the Bombcast and also the Beastcast, yet all my other podcasts download and play normally.

Skimmed over recent posts in this forum but didn't see any recent posts over third party audio podcast issues~

Since it seems to be isolated to GB's pods i'm assuming it's your side having a hiccup rather than the Podcast Addict app or my phone?

Had a little poke around podcast addict but cannot find a more verbose version of the error message than presented here.

Here is another small variation of the error; where it will try to download, show no progress then declare that it finished, trying to play will result in "Internal player: unknown error..."

This happened here with both episode 299 and 300. Odd that one correctly displays the length of "02:00:46" and the other with null info "--:--" both return the same internal player error however.

These errors are interchangeable with Beast and Bomb, and checking the podcast download location there is no sign of these error'd files existing.

Regular non-premium user seeking audio only versions of the podcasts btw. Podcast Addict premium user, version "v 2021.3d (build 20394)". Moto Z. LineageOS 17.1. Android 10.

Feels like the podcast server is not reachable for whatever reason, lemme know if that's not the case or if you want more specific info. Thanks, love your work, sorry for the hassle. ^^

if others are having similar issue post below if you are using a different podcast service etc...

Edit: loading the audio/video version from the GB website directly on pc works fine btw.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've had no problem with the podcasts on podcast addict... However I'm grabbing the premium versions so I guess I'm on a totally separate feed than you're grabbing from. Sorry I can't be of any real help.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By Forcen
edcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks for the replies, looks like it may just be happening to me then, i'll look into some more when i get some time. =]

KneelBreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KneelBreen

I'm having the exact same issue. I can't get the Bombcast or the Beastcast to download on any podcast app. It's happening with a couple of other podcasts as well. I fixed it by switching to the premium feed. But now I'm missing the dick pill ads which IMO are on the wrong side of the paywall.

edcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's working again as of today. not sure where it got smoothed over but glad it is.