Progress bar basically broken on new video player on Android

ElvishPresley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone else been having this problem while watching premium videos on an Android device? Scrolling through the video is basically impossible. I have to keep tapping at it. Most of the time the progress bar, just reappears and disappears, sometimes the video pauses, and I think three times I got it to skip ahead or back in the video. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Holding and dragging across the bar doesn't work either. There's no way to consistently skip forward or ahead in a video. Anyone have a solution, or is there one in the works? Thanks.

Leeftie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elvishpresleyYou can do this: "before it will be fixed... it is easy to watch any (premium) video by (on the page of the video) clicking on Download -> On the Resolution you want Right mouse click -> Open in new tab. And you'll use the in browser player to get the stream directly. Which is nice.":

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@leeftie said:

@elvishpresleyYou can do this: "before it will be fixed... it is easy to watch any (premium) video by (on the page of the video) clicking on Download -> On the Resolution you want Right mouse click -> Open in new tab. And you'll use the in browser player to get the stream directly. Which is nice.":

This is a decent solution, though you'd better remember the minute you left off on because it won't automatically jump forward to wherever you left off. Also it won't automatically switch resolutions if, for some reason, you lose more bandwidth than you need to maintain the current resolution.

Basically, if you need to scrub through the video, click on download. If you're going to watch the whole thing in chunks, watch it normally.

ElvishPresley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ElvishPresley
@leeftie said:

This is a decent solution, though you'd better remember the minute you left off on because it won't automatically jump forward to wherever you left off. Also it won't automatically switch resolutions if, for some reason, you lose more bandwidth than you need to maintain the current resolution.

Basically, if you need to scrub through the video, click on download. If you're going to watch the whole thing in chunks, watch it normally.

Thanks to the both of you! Can't believe I didn't think of that. The perks of being a premium member!