The "All videos" premium RSS feeds are missing content

Windex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I subscribe to the mobile feed on my iPhone Podcasts app, and noticed I was missing UPF so I started investigating.

It looks like the feeds content differ based on video quality (posting latest video published for each):

• MOB
    • https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/feed/mobile/?api_key=KEY-REDACTED
    • pubDate: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 10:44:00 PDT
    • Run for the Hills Silent Hill 2 - 01

• SD
    • https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/feed/high/?api_key=KEY-REDACTED
    • pubDate: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 14:53:00 PDT
    • Voicemail Dump Truck 015
  • HD
    • https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/feed/hd/?api_key=KEY-REDACTED
    • pubDate: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 15:12:00 PDT
    • Unprofessional Fridays: UPF - 03/25/2022
  • HD8K
    • https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/feed/hd8k/?api_key=KEY-REDACTED
    • pubDate: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 15:12:00 PDT
    • Unprofessional Fridays: UPF - 03/25/2022
rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@windex: Well that is super weird and I will try to look into it, thanks.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK I think this is related to the way that the encoder is not shooting out all video quality settings for all videos, which in turn is causing some videos not to show up in some of the feeds. I'll see if someone can look into this.

alpha_bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@rorie: Thanks Rorie! Giant bomb's video players have gone kaput for me on Google Chrome for all versions and qualities except for youtube (of course) for about a week now, hope it gets fixed soon!

__david__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could this also be why certain videos haven't shown up in the api yet? The Patrick's Parabox Quicklook isn't listed in the API nor in the HD8K RSS feed…

Limeade_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alpha_bit: yep, same for me. I've had to resort to YouTube but can't watch premium stuff at all..

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I've been poking around here and I think I have a vague grasp of what's going on. I have a new ticket in to ensure that the encoder is spitting out the same quality files for each video and not some random assortment of qualities like it is currently. Apologies for the trouble but hopefully someone can work on it soon.

alpha_bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Thanks rorie! I do work in web so I thought it might be my end, which it did end up righting itself after a full cache clear of chrome itself, but that could also have meant there was maybe a video player update to code or something that might have effected the "old" cached version to work properly.

alpha_bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: So I originally thought it was my end but I've now cleared out everything in my browser cache multiple times with chrome and both the "HTML5" and "Progressive" types of video at any quality are all still completely blank on the player window. They'll load the timestamp if I'm continuing from a different source, but the will immediately pause at that time stamp and return no video :(

The YouTube version is still working just fine of course, but somethin's up I guess! Hope it can get resolved, I enjoy the quality pushed out by the GB player more.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to reply to but I couldn't easily find the right one, I'm sorry to say.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alpha_bit: Sorry, I think the ticket that I filed for this is finally being looked at. Hopefully there'll be some kind of resolution to this sometime in the next week, but I don't have a specific ETA for it.

alpha_bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Well whatever the issue was, it is resolved for me now! Thanks as always!