The forum search shows really weird results

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey gang,

I find navigating the forums really complicated, and I don't understand how the search is working. There's a Mortal Kombat Movie thread in the first page of the forums, and I typed in the exact name of the thread into the forums search, and it still doesn't display it in the search results.

I don't want to necro threads, but sometimes, there's no other option

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Are you trying to find currently active threads, or threads on a specific subject?

For a specific thing, you can go to the wiki page for that game/franchise/object and then go to the forums tab, though you'll have to hope you're checking the right place for whatever thread you want to find (i.e. does the OP of a conversation about Nintendo's pricing of Skyward Sword HD end up in General Discussion, on the page for Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda, Skyward Sword HD, or the Remake concept?).

For 'recent' threads, you can just go to the /forums/ tab, because, honestly, the GB forums don't move fast enough for you to lose things there; the most recent comment on the first page's last topic was two days ago. The GB forums have always had more of a 'browse every thread' crowd, even 10+ years ago when the forums were busy, rather than something like GameFAQs or Reddit where the forums for each game and the people who post on them are very self-contained.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you trying to find currently active threads, or threads on a specific subject?

For a specific thing, you can go to the wiki page for that game/franchise/object and then go to the forums tab, though you'll have to hope you're checking the right place for whatever thread you want to find (i.e. does the OP of a conversation about Nintendo's pricing of Skyward Sword HD end up in General Discussion, on the page for Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda, Skyward Sword HD, or the Remake concept?).

For 'recent' threads, you can just go to the /forums/ tab, because, honestly, the GB forums don't move fast enough for you to lose things there; the most recent comment on the first page's last topic was two days ago. The GB forums have always had more of a 'browse every thread' crowd, even 10+ years ago when the forums were busy, rather than something like GameFAQs or Reddit where the forums for each game and the people who post on them are very self-contained.

I was looking for a thread about timecodes for the Bombcast, as I'm sure I remember a thread about it, but I couldn't find it at all.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@sombre said:
@ajamafalous said:

I was looking for a thread about timecodes for the Bombcast, as I'm sure I remember a thread about it, but I couldn't find it at all.

Honestly, I would use google to search site:giantbomb.com and then whatever keywords you think you remember.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

For as long as I've been on this site, the search has never seemed to do what I wanted it to do.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre said:
@ajamafalous said:

Honestly, I would use google to search site:giantbomb.com and then whatever keywords you think you remember.

It's a bit of a shame we have to do that