The site search function is hopelessly confusing.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

So apparently, the site search function is either broken or has been made unreasonably convoluted. Here's the search results I see for "Fire Emblem" when I am n Giant Bomb's main page:

No Caption Provided

This is about what I expect. Now, if I wanted to search the wiki while in the forums:

No Caption Provided

Huh. OK, I'll try that new text search mentioned in the filter options.

No Caption Provided

Uh, no.

And trying to search for items while adding links on wiki pages or the forums is a nightmare. Try doing a search for the company Sega:

No Caption Provided

So where is the Sega company page in this list? On the eleventh page of results, after just about any and everything with Sega somewhere in its name or title, including news articles, games, and characters. This is a serious downgrade in convenience and usability.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@hailinel said:

This is a serious downgrade in convenience and usability.

I think this is less a new feature and more a horribly bugged overhaul. In fact, there's been a lot of buggy stuff, recently.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel said:

I think this is less a new feature and more a horribly bugged overhaul. In fact, there's been a lot of buggy stuff, recently.

There might be a new feature buried in there somewhere. Searching in general is just so busted and impossible to use that it's hard to distinguish.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@hailinel said:

@video_game_king said:

@hailinel said:

There might be a new feature buried in there somewhere. Searching in general is just so busted and impossible to use that it's hard to distinguish.

This is a known issue that the engineers are actively working on, and a bug report about this issue has already been filed.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Aegon

You need to "uncheck all" after you've searched for the game in order to have it show up.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

It's a bug not a feature.