Videos won't play

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sharpless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

When I go to watch a video and press play, the player just goes black and nothing happens. I'm using Chrome and Windows 7, if that's relevant. Needless to say, everything was fine with the old video player; this is new to me.

SnowyPliskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Im getting no play controls at all. Even weirder is that i do when im logged out. Running Windows 7, latest chrome version.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

SnowyPliskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Must be a chrome issue for me, I have the exact same page open in chrome and safari with no big red play button in chrome but one in Safari. Strange.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same problem here, Windows 8.1 chrome.

I fixed it by changing the setting to "streaming" option and it starting working again.

VictoryCheezin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here , using Safari, I press play and the screen just goes black it's been a problem for awhile now even maybe before the site was officially updated

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I'm having the same problem with firefox version 27.0 and Windows 7. I managed to watch the Jazz Punk quick look through qlcrew.com and yesterday's Spelunkin' with Scoops through twitch though.

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

same here

coldblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

videos do not work at all for me. I am running an old machine.

mac os x 10.4.11 on firefox and omniweb. both browsers have obviously not been updated in awhile as my apples os does not support anything anymore. was wondering what the minimum specs are to run videos on this site. I love this site and pay money to be a proud member, but if I have no way of watching videos there is no reason to come here anymore. please let me know if my machine will be supported or not.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

coldblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baillie: Not exactly an easy update from 10.4 at this point. did some research on this and its not as simple as it sounds. Also would make many of my programs that I use often unworkable. Don't get me wrong, I should've updated looooooong ago. Not mad at GB for not supporting just was hoping to not have to youtube everything. Also, no need for a premium membership at this point. Sometime this year I will be putting some money into a new computer (pc) so I will be back then. I'm just bummed out is all.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

for those with video problems, please try clearing your domain cookies and see if that helps. We're seeing some conflicts between old video cookies and the current player.

coldblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpibb: Just did what you said and still nothing. Cleared in both Omniweb and Firefox.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@coldblood: what version of firefox? you might want to try as new a flash variant as possible instead of updating firefox, but yes unfortunately a lot of the new features make it hard for us to support multiple browser variants and OS variants with the small team that does the work behind the scenes.

Neonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Neonie

Using Chrome, also having a problem with videos not playing. The only thing that's saving me right now is the fact that I'm a subscriber and can use the download button and that loads the video for streaming purposes, but the main sites video player is completely not working for me.

Windows 7

Chrome

Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

hey guys, just to let you know I am using chrome on my iPad, with iOS 7.4 and getting similar issues. Sometimes videos will play then I will get a 'could not load video' error, sometimes they just wont load at all, the player just goes black, and sometimes I get a 'could not load program' error.

SnowyPliskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Chrome if i am logged out I get video controls, when I log in I dont. Sucks because Im a premium member and yet when I log in I cant use the site.

No issues in Safari though. I just prefer Chrome.

MisterPlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this video player is absolute garbage