YouTube adverts

rgman84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi - anyone else started seeing YouTube adverts every 3 or 4 minutes in quick looks? Premium subscriber - don't ever remember seeing them before

P

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By coaxmetal
No Caption Provided

Yeah, I was going to post about this as well. I get them too, also premium. Like this.. Im kinda guessing its a youtube thing

e: update to that. Later I just got a full on, interrupting the video to show an video ad

CaptainBoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came here to see if anyone else cared about this. Found you two, add me to the "premium member seeing YouTube ads" for Hades Unfinished.

rgman84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea the bottom of the screen ones are a pest, but can put up with them.

The full interrupt jobs are way to much, can't put up with that.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@coaxmetal: @rgman84: Hey unfortunately the YouTube channel has no way to tell the difference between Premium subscribers and non-Premium subscribers. The on-site player will be ad-free for Premium subscribers, though, and you can flip back to it via the button at the middle-bottom of the video screen if you like.

danlongman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@rorie: I know its not really your call or not but I would feel that the default for premium users should be the internal ad free player?

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm curious how people are watching videos that ads even show up. I use ad blockers on computer and the GB app on mobile.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I literally haven't seen an ad on youtube for 10 years.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frytup: for me, iOS. I haven’t gotten around to setting up a pi hole yet, but it seems like in the past few months, youtube has cranked the video ads up to 11. It used to be just before a video, but it’s gotten incredibly disruptive, to the point of interrupting a video mid word.

It’s gotten so bad for me that if I can’t watch on a device with Adblock, I don’t bother. I was happily watching two to three videos a night with ads before the videos to 0 videos now that those same videos have ads before, during, during, and at the end.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: thanks. I kinda figured it was something like

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@rorie: I know its not really your call or not but I would feel that the default for premium users should be the internal ad free player?

We've gone back and forth on this a few times over the last couple of years. If it's a big issue with YouTube ramping up the video ads we'll see what we can do to change the default! But if you switch it once that save should be changed for future visits, at least.

mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mus

I am getting that too and I am glad I was not going crazy.