#1  Edited By musubi

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi

I went with the latter myself as I like some challenge with my combat. And honestly... outside of a few fights so far its been a breeze even on this difficulty. Then again... after you beat DMC 3 on DMD with all "S" ranks just about anything seems like a breeze.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Canteu

Apocalyptic.

I play everything on hard by default. Games aren't difficult.

Cowmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cowmeat

Apocalyptic

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Barrock

Normal. Was gonna save Apocalyptic for New Game +. But I'm absolutely tearing shit up. Bosses are incredibly easy.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By AuthenticM

Apocalyptic, just as with the original. It's still a cakewalk. I don't understand why Brad is having problems with the game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

Apocalyptic over here, too. I haven't completed it yet--up to the part where I need to... collect 3 things so as to fight this champion so I can gain an audience with the King of Bones so I can restore humanity to prove War's innocence--and while I wouldn't call it a 'breeze', I'll agree that it isn't especially difficult. It's a step up from the challenge of the original in any case.

And for that added bit of autofellatio, I just recently beat the Deposed King while only at level 13 <3 Those ghouls I can summon certainly make most combat scenarios highly manageable.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By musubi

@Yummylee: Really? Wow. I'm level 17 and dude still one-shots me and I can't ever seem to dodge that first shot with his mace that freezes and kills me.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

@Demoskinos said:

@Yummylee: Really? Wow. I'm level 17 and dude still one-shots me and I can't ever seem to dodge that first shot with his mace that freezes and kills me.

It's all about the ghouls! They start off super crappy, but you invest towards them--which I've done almost exclusively--and once they've gotten the additional fire damage and will explode upon death, they can do a surprising amount of damage. Or at the very least keep a mob busy, thanks to upgrade that gives them aggro, giving me ample chance to scythe em all together

My tactic for the King was to summon em, let them go at him while I shoot from afar with the pistol, which will accrue some wrath--along with the attacks from the ghouls themselves--allowing me to then summon them again pretty much as soon as they've been beaten. I'd also head in myself and slice him a bit once he's gotten his hammer stuck, but otherwise I just let my ghouls and my gun chip away at him while I dodged his attacks.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10  Edited By impartialgecko

Normal. You never know whether the developers will tune hard mode so it's doable without prior knowledge of the game's combat. Will probably get to Apocalyptic eventually.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Phatmac

Normal cause I just want to beat it and enjoy what it has to offer instead of brutally challenging myself.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Enigma777

Apopali it cause I'm Norma bitxh

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@Enigma777: Your drunk posts are the best.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Tennmuerti

Normal switched to Apocalyptic on Newgame+

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By benspyda

I thought there was also an easy option. I could be wrong as I always go normal/default when there is a difficulty setting so I don't take much notice.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By musubi

@Yummylee said:

@Demoskinos said:

It's all about the ghouls! They start off super crappy, but you invest towards them--which I've done almost exclusively--and once they've gotten the additional fire damage and will explode upon death, they can do a surprising amount of damage. Or at the very least keep a mob busy, thanks to upgrade that gives them aggro, giving me ample chance to scythe em all together

My tactic for the King was to summon em, let them go at him while I shoot from afar with the pistol, which will accrue some wrath--along with the attacks from the ghouls themselves--allowing me to then summon them again pretty much as soon as they've been beaten. I'd also head in myself and slice him a bit once he's gotten his hammer stuck, but otherwise I just let my ghouls and my gun chip away at him while I dodged his attacks.

Oh, I know. I've gone full necro and got my ghouls and crows fairly well built up each. I just can't ever seem to dodge that hammer attack.

roland_d11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By roland_d11

I started on Normal, realised I am crap at the combat and then switched it down to easy. I can't even explain why I'm so bad at Darksiders' combat (had problems in the first one as well), while I can beat other games like Bayonetta or the Souls games with little problems....

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mikey87144

@Demoskinos said:

@Yummylee said:

@Demoskinos said:

Oh, I know. I've gone full necro and got my ghouls and crows fairly well built up each. I just can't ever seem to dodge that hammer attack.

I encountered that King at level 13 and just couldn't beat him. It wasn't so much that his hammer one-shotted me it was the fact that my attacks were doing very little damage. Two levels later I came at him again and beat him on my third try. The key to beating is, like said, using the ghouls and dodging that hammer. One hit from it, even with a possessed weapon more focused on health and defense, can still mess you up.

Also I'm playing on Apocalyptic. I played the first game on that difficulty setting and even then the game wasn't much of a challenge. That part with Ulthane was the only real annoying part but after that it's smooth sailing. With this game there have been only two fights were I had to walk away from until Death was stronger and better equipped. Both were sidequests though were death wasn't quite ready to do yet.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By musubi
@mikey87144 Hmm well might give him another shot. On a similar note where the hell is Achidna? I just got the 3rd dead lord and the map was showing that she SHOULD be in that area but I didnt find her.
mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mikey87144

@Demoskinos said:

@mikey87144 Hmm well might give him another shot. On a similar note where the hell is Achidna? I just got the 3rd dead lord and the map was showing that she SHOULD be in that area but I didnt find her.

You face her during the main quest.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Demoskinos: Dodge the hammer sideways, in fact that's what i did at 15 just kept dodging everything sideways on the King (i was melee too), excepot when he gets to phase 2 and starts whrilwind bullshit, then you just gotrta leg it for a bit. Achinda is together with the 3rd lord, same fight.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By musubi
@Tennmuerti

@Demoskinos: Dodge the hammer sideways, in fact that's what i did at 15 just kept dodging everything sideways on the King (i was melee too), excepot when he gets to phase 2 and starts whrilwind bullshit, then you just gotrta leg it for a bit. Achinda is together with the 3rd lord, same fight.

Well fuck me! I totally didn't realize that was her! Now I have to beat the king. Last dude I need to beat then.
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By musubi

@mikey87144: @Tennmuerti: Finally beat him. That...was actually a ton of fun. Most likely the most fun I've had with the game so far. The constant of being on the precipice of death at all times really amped up the tension of the fight. The ghouls worked wonders though. I bought a respec though so I could max out the wrath gain for the ghouls my initial attempts were falling flat due to me running out of wrath too fast. Once I fixed that problem it was only a few attempts until I got him. I wish more fights in this game made you think outside the box like that. Slightly off topic but thats what really made Dark Souls so much fun. You never could really just go in swinging on any of the bosses.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By JoeyRavn

Apocalyptic. Granted, I've played around 5 minutes before deciding that the stuttering was too much to bear for me, but that's the difficulty level I'll play the game on. Darksiders 1 was a walk in the park in Apocalyptic, I don't see how Darksiders 2 will be any different. I'll probably lower it to Normal or Easy in NG+ if I can also do the Hardcore mode at the same time. Can I?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pyrodactyl

hard, as long as you don't do quest that are out of your level range it's fine.

Especialy if you have a 50%+ crit rate on both your weapons

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By GunstarRed

Normal, I wish I'd have played it on a harder difficulty from the beginning now. I didn't want to start on a harder difficulty just to get stuck at the halfway point, You never really know if there will be stupid difficulty spikes or not. The deposed king was the only one I had any problems with, and I beat the final boss in under five minutes. (I'm gonna say closer to three)

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Clonedzero

normal but i bumped it up to apocalyptic in the middle of the first world

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I can't even do this game no easy, what am I doing wrong? Gorewood keeps fucking me up

MrT420_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am playing on normal currently. It's been 7 years so I sure hope you're not still stuck on this guy haha but yea I had trouble with this asshole as well!! I was at lvl 14 and dude fucked e up like 30 times and I was about to temporarily give up and do other quests to level up further then return. I told myself ONE MORE TIME then I beat this mf!! lol my advice is upgrade your Harbringer skill Teleport Slash. and I would just keep my distance as much as possible and pop shots at him with redemption and everytime he started getting close hit him with the teleport slash move which will make you pass thru him and therefore you'll be behind him. and when his weapon is stuck in the ground wear him out with combos(back off an start evading away from him right before he pulls his axe free. repeat the process. summoning ghouls is obviously good too for a distraction and also some additional damage especially if you'vee upgraded them to explode upon their death etc. for me Teleport Slash was my Savior for this boss. It's the only boss I've had ANY difficulty with thus far(currently entering the City of the Dead)