Dead Rising: Watchtower - have you seen it?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

I have, yesterday. And I think it rocks! Of course it is no oscar candidate, but it has an acceptable quality, with some cheesiness, sometimes predictable, and with a lot of nods to the games making it really enjoyable. Rob Riggle was great as Frank West for the most part.

Have you seen it? Did you like it? What did you think about it?

Here is the trailer for the people who haven't seen it:

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

You know, if nothing else, I think it looks like it's trying to capture the absurdity of the games the right way. I saw a psycho, a combo weapon, some goofy looking zombies, etc... I'll give it a watch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Since it is on Crackle they should advertise it by saying it can't be worse than Joe Dirt 2.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MOAB

Is 480p the highest resolution you can choose on Crackle?

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was ok, I wish Rob Riggle was like... actually in the movie.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Is it only available on Crackle? Because ugh no.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

this looks like a fan film tbh

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw the movie when it premiered on crackle some months ago and thought it was a fairly fun time. It had the spirit of the games and had that Dead Rising style of stupid/goofy shit happening and then melodrama the next. Whoever played the psychopath was good too, it was basically the biker you kill in Dead Rising 3 for the rollerhawg sans crazy ass beard.

Rob Riggle as Frank West was also fantastic but didn't quite reach his potential. His lines were funny and well delivered but it he could of done more with the role if he was actually involved in the main plot of the movie and not just cutting to him occasionally commenting on stuff from a news studio. Still, as something that sort of came and went with little fanfare, it's a surprisingly decent zombie movie and holds up to the games tonally. Worth a watch at least.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#9  Edited By jaqen_hghar

Hah! Guess I should watch this just for the hell of it. I love watching bad movies from time to time, and this is probably either that or a surprisingly competent one. But how the hell do I watch it? I found it on Crackle, which I have never even heard of before, but trying to play it just throws me back to the main page. Do I have to make an account? Do I have to live somewhere else than Norway? What's the deal?

EDIT: Made an account, worked like a charm. Actually, not that bad. I mean, I don't think it was a great movie or anything, but they really nailed the "Dead Rising" part of it. So many great stupid things. Actually made me want to get Dead Rising 3, which is the only one I haven't played. Frank West was awesome!

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I watched it on a whim and found that it was actually pretty good. I thought it was a great representation of the goofyness of the games. Also, that psycho biker guy was pretty great.

Stubstub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watched it back when it came out. It was a pretty good SyFy original level movie. Its certainly better than the other Crackle original that I've watched, Joe Dirt 2.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I thought you were trying to tell me "the good news" for a second haha

No, I haven't seen it. I'm not really into watching stuff on Crackle. Maybe if it comes to another streaming service. I'm not a fan of Dead Rising anyway so I guess I'm not the target audience, but I always like checking out video game to film adaptations.