3 points for a whole description? :\

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By metal_mills

Sorry for making another thread, I don't want to clutter the forum up but I wanted to find out about this.

I remember Brad saying something along the lines of a few good paragraphs can rack you up a lot of points. Well I made a new article on the Slig concept page and I only got 3 points! I've been trying to get to 1000 points so I don't have to wait 3 days but at this rate I'll never get there. I know it isn't a huge, detailed article like some pages but come on...

This is stupid I did that whole page and get 3 points, or I can take 20 seconds adding an image and get the same amount.

Why did I get such few points?

(Also I just wanted to say I'm not a points whore, I just want to get to 1000 so I don't need to wait 3 days + for my things to get approved)

DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DaveF

I agree, the amount of points you get is a bit dodgy. I can spend 15mins writing 5 or 6 paragraphs and get 30 points, or I can spend 5mins gettiing images off google then uploading them and get 50+ points.

I just got over 1000 so now I can write paragraphs as much as I want and won't have to wait, which is cool. But until I got 1000, there seemed little point actually contributing to wiki descriptions. Much easier to upload images just to get over 1000

banzai_nl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By banzai_nl

The queue is no longer days by the way, and yes the points system is a little awkward at some times. Images seem to net you a lot more points.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By xruntime

Yeah, this is really unfair, I agree.

And if you attach images to a lot of galleries, you can get around 6 points per image or more.

Avatar image for americanpegasus
AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By AmericanPegasus
Metal_Mills said:
"Sorry for making another thread, I don't want to clutter the forum up but I wanted to find out about this.

I remember Brad saying something along the lines of a few good paragraphs can rack you up a lot of points. Well I made a new article on the Slig concept page and I only got 3 points! I've been trying to get to 1000 points so I don't have to wait 3 days but at this rate I'll never get there. I know it isn't a huge, detailed article like some pages but come on...

This is stupid I did that whole page and get 3 points, or I can take 20 seconds adding an image and get the same amount.

Why did I get such few points?

(Also I just wanted to say I'm not a points whore, I just want to get to 1000 so I don't need to wait 3 days + for my things to get approved)
"
The mod probably approved the blurb...but not the article. We can chose which sections we approve.