Editing Trivia

Paulrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Paulrus

Is there a way to edit trivia questions I've made? Some need reworded and I don't want to just delete and retype them.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

No, once a question has been submitted, that's it. This is by design to prevent abuse.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#3  Edited By JackiJinx

Nope. And you can not delete them either. If the original doesn't make sense, just submit a reworded version and the original will most likely be deleted by staff.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mike
@JackiJinx: 

We can delete them too. Just PM a moderator with the questions you guys want deleted (whether they are yours or not) and why and we will take care of it.

Also, trivia flagging actually works. If you come across a bad question, flag it and once a question receives a certain number of flags it will be automatically removed. This system is completely separate from the flagging system in place for forum posts, comments, and reviews.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

Hahahahaha you guys remember GB Trivia? Lol that was short lived amirite?
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#6  Edited By JackiJinx
@MB: Yep. This dude knows his stuff.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew
@MB: How many people have to flag it though? It could take months before a trivia question is flagged enough to get a moderator's attention. Plus, last I checked the damn thing was broken and didn't update to show the last question answered.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mike
@LordAndrew: Trivia is working fine, and so is the moderation system. I don't think it's necessary for users to know how many flags it takes for a question to be removed by the system, that could potentially lead to abuse. Suffice it to say that it's not that many.

Simply use your best judgment and flag when you feel it is appropriate, or if it can't wait, contact a moderator and we will handle it right away.

Thanks.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew

Judgement was easier to make when we could actually see who submitted the question and when. I was previously able to better identify whether a question was bad based on the user, because some users are notorious for submitting loads of bad questions and it's not always immediately obvious that a question is bogus. And identifying duplicates is nearly impossible without knowing when it was submitted. I can at least see who submitted it by checking my stats, but if I want to see when they submitted it I have to check that user's entire list of submitted trivia. Not the least bit convenient.

Several features were stripped from Trivia after the redesign, and I don't think they even realized. :(

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By eroticfishcake
@MB said:
" @JackiJinx: 

We can delete them too. Just PM a moderator with the questions you guys want deleted (whether they are yours or not) and why and we will take care of it.

Also, trivia flagging actually works. If you come across a bad question, flag it and once a question receives a certain number of flags it will be automatically removed. This system is completely separate from the flagging system in place for forum posts, comments, and reviews.

"
Oh thank God for this. There's a few trivia questions that are just atrocious to read. Some don't even make sense.