Giant Bomb API Reports - Objects appearing in 0 games

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

Edited By LordAndrew

Here's my latest report for you. These are objects that are not attached to any games. Perhaps the page's creator never came back to finish the job, or perhaps they don't actually fit the object criteria. Please take a look at them and determine what should be done. 

Note: Due some errors in file_get_contents()'s attempts to open HTTP streams, this list may be incomplete. I'll work on implementing cURL and making other improvements so this isn't a problem in the future. And yes, this query will be run again sometime. Any pages that are missing here should appear in a later query.

Objects appearing in 0 games

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LordAndrew

Here's my latest report for you. These are objects that are not attached to any games. Perhaps the page's creator never came back to finish the job, or perhaps they don't actually fit the object criteria. Please take a look at them and determine what should be done. 

Note: Due some errors in file_get_contents()'s attempts to open HTTP streams, this list may be incomplete. I'll work on implementing cURL and making other improvements so this isn't a problem in the future. And yes, this query will be run again sometime. Any pages that are missing here should appear in a later query.

Objects appearing in 0 games

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake
  • Lettuce appears to be fine right now.
  • Maserati should be changed to a concept since it's a car company.
  • I've added a little to the barbell page and linked it with the dumbbell page to avoid some confusion (and vice versa.)
  • Added a little to the Razor page.
  • Added EVE Online to the Osprey page. I don't know much about it to add more though.
Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sanryd

Added the games to the Spirit page and the Dual Parachute Thrusters page. Also, I'm not sure that the Covanent SuperCruiser is even actually in a game, but it exists in the Halo universe. It should be named Covenant Supercruiser, regardless.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Added Scribblenauts to the Cupcake page. I'll check later to which of the other items are also in Scribbenauts.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StarFoxA

I added several pages to a few of the objects. Noticed a couple that can be deleted, as well.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By mracoon
@StarFoxA:  Like...
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StarFoxA
@mracoon said:
" @StarFoxA:  Like... "
Cathode Ray Tube Amusement Device

Read the description on the page; this is for the first known "electronic game," not an object that actually appears in a game.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By mracoon
@StarFoxA said:
" @mracoon said:
" @StarFoxA:  Like... "
Cathode Ray Tube Amusement Device  Read the description on the page; this is for the first known "electronic game," not an object that actually appears in a game. "
And now it's marked for deletion.
takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By takua108

The first "delete" on the list appears in -3 games. 

I'm still trying to reason how that could work.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StarFoxA
@takua108: When someone removes affiliations, it does that. A lot of counts are messed up on the site.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LordAndrew
@takua108: The counts reported by the site can be highly inaccurate. That's why I use the API to get the correct number of games attached. 
tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By tmthomsen
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LordAndrew
@TMThomsen: Ah yes, the deck. At some point I want to get a list of pages that have "delete" or "duplicate" in the deck that haven't yet been marked for deletion via the title or alias field. Try to remind me some time if I forget. 
takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By takua108
@LordAndrew: @StarFoxA: I know about the messed up counts, but I've never seen a negative one before :D
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LordAndrew
@takua108: I've seen it quite a bit. Take a look at this. Totally useless, and a great demonstration of why these reports are so valuable.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By StarFoxA
@LordAndrew: Just like how it's possible to have zero or negative points on certain wiki pages. I have 0 points on a couple pages, I believe.
takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By takua108
@LordAndrew: I love the work you're doing with the API... you'd think this stuff would be built into the website, kind like how MediaWiki has special pages for "list of red links," "list of orphan pages," etc. :D
Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Ignor
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LordAndrew
@takua108: Yep, I love those maintenance reports. They're disabled on the English Wikipedia and some other projects for performance reasons though, so some people use the Wikimedia toolserver to create database reports from the replicated database. That's what inspired me to create these reports.