Is there a User Review Criteria or outline?

sup909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sup909

Just curious if GiantBomb has a standard that they are looking for in user reviews. Browsing through the sites I notice that many of the user reviews are incredibly long. Personally I don't find that format all that useful for the information I am trying to gleen from a review.  Is there a standard or format that GiantBomb is looking for wanting these reviews that long?  

Would the community be overly critical if I perhaps wrote reviews in 500 words or less? 

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mushir

No there is no such criteria. I've seen some really short reviews, and some really long ones. The community won't judge you if you write a review in 500 words or less. Don't worry, we don't bite. ;)

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

User reviews don't have to be super long. The current featured user review ( this review of NSMB wii) is only just over 500 words long, and there are plenty of other great short reviews out there too (many of which have also been featured). Obviously longer reviews can go into more detail, but overall quality is far more important than quantity.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

Nope. Reviews don't even go through moderation or anything like that. They just go right on the site on the page on the site!

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By EpicSteve

It's your preference. I write reviews assuming the reader knows what the game is. I can't imagine someone going to user reviews first, so no need in explaining the entire game. I keep mine under 1,500 words. But that's just me. People want to spend more time playing games, not reading about them. Your not curing cancer, you're reviewing a product that's supposed to be fun. So, have fun with it, and thanks for contributing and helping others in their purchasing decisions. :)