The word 'the'

mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By mrcellophane

Hi, I'm currently trying to link to The Oracle of Indigo Prophecy, but the auto-linker-thing (y'know, the default search when you press the button with the image of a chain) didn't find it. I looked into it and found that the searcher seems to be ignoring the word 'The' altogether, which leads me to find all sorts of unrelated crap instead. I had similar troubles trying to link to The Darkness. 

Are the devs aware of this? Has it been disabled in order to please the servers, or am I just stupid?

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By KamasamaK

I actually reported this when the site first launched. A capitalized "The" (case sensitive) messes up the search by excluding the word "The" (case insensitive) from the results. Try it in the search bar on the top right and you'll see the same thing. This also occurs with "In", "On", "No",  and probably others.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By mracoon

Yeah the search system on the site has had a problem with the word 'the' since the beginning. You can get around by just not including 'the' in your search.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

It also affects the word "They", which has the unfortunate side effect of making Theycompletely unsearchable under any circumstances.