DISSIDIA® FINAL FANTASY NT Open Beta January 12-21

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Looks like it is beta month month for consoles with the beta for Monster Hunter and Dragon Ball Fighterz happening around the same time. And now we got Final Fantasy doing their thing as well. I was wondering if anyone was playing this.

Note: You do not need PS plus to enter the beta.

You can get the beta using this link: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA10989_00-TRIALVERSION0000

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I've been messing with it a bit. Seems pretty neat and fun but also somewhat thin for a game that will be $60. Super annoying how it doesn't have enough information about characters' movesets in-game too--I had no idea you could swap Lightning from COM to RAV with L3, for instance.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

Yeah, I was bummed about this the last beta and it's still not doing much for me. The overall combat doesn't feel nearly as fast and punchy as the PSP games. This one's floaty and mushy. It's just not fun to actually play.

It's a bummer cause I always wanted a console Dissidia game, and I feel like I should support this because of that, but it's just not a great feeling game. Not even good. Nevermind the bland arenas and overall presentation.

What a goddamn bummer. And as if to add insult to injury there's 6 primary button control schemes and none of them swap X and O.

For reference:

Loading Video...

Versus:

Loading Video...

:\

e3: also since last night finding those videos got me to watch a bunch of other Dissidia gameplay videos: good god, stuff like this is why i played hundreds of hours of those PSP games.

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By ToxicAntidote

When I first heard about Dissidia Final Fantasy NT last year, I didn't know it was just a port of the arcade game. I'm glad that arcade games are ported to home consoles, but I'm also not interested in this Dissidia tag-team spin-off. One part of me want to support Square for making more games in the franchise. But I'm also not interested in this specific game. It doesn't seem to have the deep RPG systems what drove me to spend hundred of hours in the original game. I'd rather have a new actual Dissidia, with interesting and shifting arenas, customizable skills, and tons and tons of loot, for every individual character.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I remember having a lot of fun with the original Dissidia. There were tons of RPG elements and I loved the fast paced juggling combat. Playing this though I was immediately turned off by the heinously sluggish... everything.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played through some tutorials, did a few (offline) matches, and this game definitely has nothing I enjoyed from the first Dissidia left. I'm actually tempted to pick up 012 instead since I never played that one.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@teddie: Duodecim is fantastic. As well as an all new story, it has a revamped version of the story from the original, plus a Labyrinth Battle Mode. After the last beta of NT, which I really came away from sour, I went back to Duodecim just to make sure I did like it as much as I remembered, and man, that game was still a load of fun. I've warmed up to NT a bit more with this beta, but I'd still recommend Duodecim heartily, especially if you enjoyed the first PSP game.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#9  Edited By nophilip

So disappointed with this. I get that this is a port of an arcade game, but the changes they've made from the PSP games are baffling. I have 200-300 hours across those first two games (especially Duodecim) and absolutely love the core combat and character customization. They stripped most of the stuff I love about the series from this entry. I understand that they wanted to make this more multiplayer focused, but the story mode was the main draw for me and a lot of other people. The control changes are baffling. (Why change jump and attack around? Why not make that editable?) The 3v3 modes are absolute trash and completely remove the focus and feel of the combat from the previous games. Such a bummer.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know why but watching videos of this game make me want a game with FF characters fighting each other in the Metal Gear Rising combat system.