• 122 results
Avatar image for changethel1ghts
changethel1ghts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

We're slowly but surely coming up on a new E3. Let us think past the fact that E3 itself is changing itself in major ways - potentially to the point where it will no longer exist in the coming years - and that it soon may no longer be the treasure trove of announcements it was. Instead, I want you all to shoot for the moon! What would be your dream announcement at the upcoming E3? Be as crazy as possible, just let it be your dream come true.

A game, a console, an odd gaming peripheral, a cryptocurrency?

My answer? Give me that hot new Electronic Arts crypto. What could they call it? I mean, they gotta do something with the Star Wars license now. If the execs at Disney didn't like Battlefront II, they'll certainly take to Yoda-coin.

I can see the slogan now: "The only thing that can truly disrupt the world economy is the force."

So, as I was asking ...

Your game company of choice comes out onto the E3 stage and announces [fill in the blank]!

MostlySquares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I only care about VR. Here are some of the announcements that would make me lose my shit:

Sony comes out on stage with the PSPVR... Fully portable with onboard SoC with tons of power, 350 bucks. It can also be hooked up to a PS4 and can be used as a PSVR...

Sony actually follows through with one of their patents and releases the best motion controller ever made.

Playstation Home VR. Make it happen, Sony!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Digital Polyphony get on Sony's stage to announce Tourist Trophy 2. Then they cut to Guy Martin at the Isle of Man talking gibberish for a minute to confirm they're laser-scanning the entire island. One man cheers. That man is me.

Konami appear somewhere to announce they recreated Kojima's personality as an AI to create Metal Gear games on a tighter budget. Kojima takes legal action but fails because he defends himself and takes 8 years to do it.

Capcom vs Capcom.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

Dead Space 4 baby.

..and then they say it's a team based hero shooter with a Battle Royale mode..

..and it's free to play.

Because thats how dreams usually go.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly with Soul Calibur 6 and Cyberpunk 2077 most likely going to be there I'm kinda set.

More Tekken 7 content would get me excited, but that won't happen.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elder Scrolls: Landfall

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Star Wars 1313 being brought back to life

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Jurassic Park licensed PubG type game, where the island you drop onto is full of dinosaurs as well as players. Imagine PubG where gunfire attracts a pack of raptors or even worse a massive T Rex that's almost impossible to kill.

Amazing.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, you might be on to something. Like, a Battle Royale game where the masses have to stop and deal with a common enemy.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bluefish

Blur 2 weirdly enough. I would lose my fucking mind.

Or that Irrational magically came back together and are making another Bioshock game in a new and crazy setting.

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arma 4 would be a big one for me, but I'm worried about the hype factor of their new tech for planet rendering. I would want it to focus on features that really matter: use that tech to support unlimited terrains that are optimized, but not focusing on creating the entire planet. I would be more interested in being able to render a smallish country at the most, less hacky solutions for things like loading onto vehicles, moving around on dynamic moving surfaces, more advanced ballistics and damage models, etc. And of course the mack daddy of mil sim fantasies: full VR support and optimization.

I'd love to see something that would capitalize on the promise of the original Prey 2 concept. I've loved the idea of a really open sandbox of mechanics for a bounty hunting game.

Some sort of optimized, cleaned up Space Engineers equivilant would be awesome as well, maybe with some Kerbal thrown in. The concepts of SE are awesome but they have had a really hard time making it work with their engine. There were so many times I had an amazing time with friends working towards some big project, like building a huge rocket to launch into space to build an orbiting station of sorts, but too often glitches, performance issues, etc ended up dragging the project down. In the case of that massive rocket, it happened rather literally. It was spectacular and hilarious but also a huge letdown after making such a cool craft.

@sarnecki: I could see something like this being neat in a Left for Dead style game, with the way the director works. Dinosaurs definitely need to be the antagonists in more games, and having them play a slightly more supplementary role would help with the issues that many run into when trying to make them interesting to engage in combat with. Especially if they had AI behavior that was more unique than rushing the player. It would be bad ass to be stalked and ambushed by raptors that actually behaved in an interesting way.

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agent from Rockstar....a man can dream though....a man can dream.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pyrodactyl
  1. A good Switch Pokemon game that isn't based on a design doc from the mid 90s. (I know the game is ''announced'' but we still don't know what it is. Far all we know it's a handheld Pokemon game with slightly better graphics *snooze*).
  2. Bethesda is supposedly working on a space opera RPG. That sounds great. Hopefully it's more RPG and less Fallout 4.
BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

• Starfield or whatever the next big Bethesda Game Studios IP is.Seems like there's a good chance this will surface. Looking forward to seeing what Todd and his minions can do with a new franchise...and hopefully a new engine.
  • Prey 2/standalone DLC. All but confirmed based on those tweets, so at least one dream will come true.
  • Assassin's Creed: Tenochtitlan. An AC game building off the Origins template set during the fall of the Aztec empire would do me just fine. It's too soon for a new AC announcement based on their new release cycle though, and the next one's probably gonna be set in Greece anyway.
  • An Obsidian Fallout project. Will likely never happen based on the post-NV Metacritic shitshow, but this is a dream thread after all. I would also settle for Chris Avellone doing writing for Starfield.
  • Fallout 3/NV/4 on Switch. Seems possible? Maybe?
  • A Paradox Studios grand strategy game focusing on organized crime or modern geopolitics. I would lose days of my life to something like this.
  • A hint at the future of Zelda. Far too soon, but I'm very interested in where the series goes in a post-Breath of the Wild world.
  • Switch Virtual Console. I only started playing Nintendo games in the last few years and I'd love to delve into their back catalog.
  • Dragon Age 4 gets announced and goes back to the Origins CRPG style of combat and game structure. Half Life 3 is probably a more achievable dream.
  • Anthem is more than just a mediocre Destiny knock off. Hahahahahahaha.
  • Age of Empires IV spans all of human history with an awesome turnbased metagame layer like Civilization or Total War, plus a solid objective-based campaign. I do think this is where they're going to try to go to one degree or another, but I have zero hope it's going to actually be good.
  • The Battle for Middle Earth III. Literally never going to happen. Sigh.
TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperHot Battle Royale: 100 red polygonal dudes jump out of a plane onto an island, the global time scale is a factor of the combined movement speeds of everyone on the island.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Dead Space 4 baby.

..and then they say it's a team based hero shooter with a Battle Royale mode..

..and it's free to play.

Because thats how dreams usually go.

A hundred Isaac Clarkes jump out of an airlock. Reminds me though, that Dead Space 2 practically already had a MOBA-esque team based shooter mode. I remember because I killed Brad as a necromorph baby during the TNT for Dead Space 2.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

A new DOA, Virtua Fighter, or Bloody Roar. A new DOA is just a matter of time though really. The other two would truly be mindblowing. I would take a new Darkstalkers made by ArcSys over all three of those, but I've given up on that dream at this point.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diablo 1 VR

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOLF 3

SSX Tricky 2

More Ratchet and Clank Reimaginasterings

A new isometric Fallout. I unashamedly love 3, NV, and 4 but still want a new island metric Fallout. A game like that on Switch would be great.

Max Payne 4 (but they'll have to also resurrect the 3D Realms forums to explain how to get out of any burning buildings)

GTA San Vice Dreas - all the 80's of Vice City, all the rap culture from San Andreas, just 10 years earlier. Reverend Run's family has got bills to pay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragons Dogma 2

Avatar image for deactivated-62f32fe5160f8
deactivated-62f32fe5160f8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mario maker 2

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By Humanity

@minipato: yah it had that weird multiplayer mode that I completely forgot about. Makes me wonder what a battle royals mode in a sci fi setting would be like - take the space station from Prey and have a bubble keep shrinking forcing people from the outside space to tightly spaced indoor environments.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Microsoft
A new Killer Instinct game with Mick Gordon back on board doing the music

Sony
Reveal that Shenmue 3 is cancelled, followed by immediate announcement of Shenmue 4 kickstarter

Nintendo
Mario Maker 2 for Switch, option to import levels from the previous game

All Platforms
Bioforge HD remaster

GleasonRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

Burnout Paradise 2

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nothing. No more interesting games please. I can't give Steam all of my money.

...But I will take a Fallout 3 remaster if my prediction of Bethesda picking up and turning the Fallout 3 remake mod into a full game is correct. Somewhat unlikely, but it would be nice to have a more stable version of Fallout 3 and New Vegas for versions of Windows that aren't Vista.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By Seikenfreak

Initially unenthusiastic, then inspired by posts here.. I'll bite and imagine a list of amazing games. We can only hope some of these major companies actually read these sort of threads and marketing thinks "Hmm.. maybe people actually do want to play these type of games.."

PlayStation Ω - (Or the Omega PlayStation etc) This trim level is the center of PlayStation entertainment and future Omega iterations will always offer full backwards compatibility. Can run PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, and Vita games, including phyiscal copies. Add all the bells and whistles on this bad boy i.e. Classic controller ports and PS memory card slots, SD memory cards, extra USB slots etc. The Cadillac of consoles. Target $1000-800 price tag, low production numbers, higher quality components, designed and built for the niche and core video game enthusiast. Essentially the modern version of the original 60GB Fat PS3 (Love mine)

Final Fantasy 11 Remake - This I imagine is next to impossible yet seems like such a good idea. Full graphics and UI overhaul while still retaining the tone/feel of the original visuals. Gameplay needs to be PARTIALLY modernized with some modern QoL improvements, while still retaining the sense of reward and required dedication of the original game. This should be built and designed to fit in an segment that is a balance between the classic and modern MMOs. For all the old people who find the newer stuff too easy/boring and the new people who find the old stuff too complex. A $20 monthly subscription gets you access to both FF11 and FF14 if you so desire.

New Command & Conquer RTS - Probably as classic as possible. Wonderfully detailed sprites and 2D artwork. I'd start with the core GDI vs NOD before following up with a Red Alert.

New Bethesda Engine - They really need to make a whole new engine. Having recently just installed Morrowind and Oblivion on my WinXP retro machine, it's still amusing how the newer games are seemingly the same but with some enhanced visuals.

Tourist Trophy 2 - Be nice to see them give this another go. Motorcycles deserve it. @shindigRemember this stuff floating around in 2014?

New Carnivores Game - For those who don't remember, these were old PC FPS games where they dumped you on an island and you hunted dinosaurs. Imagine being on a massive open world island with visuals like Far Cry 5, plus crazy ambient audio quality and detail. Just you alone (co-op optional). On site weapons procurement. Incredibly deadly creatures. I don't want run-n-gun nonsense but like.. gritty realism. Slow. Listening, tracking. Wild life hootin and chirpin.. rain drops patter down on the big green leaves. The recent theHunter: Call of the Wild could be a good comparison mixed with Monster Hunter World. I believe some people tried to make Crysis mods but eh.

Stuntman Game - Like the original and not the crappy sequel. Probably have the Bugbear/Next Car Game people develop it.

Diablo 2 HD Remaster - This is almost guaranteed to already be in the works over at Blizzard and obviously we won't see it announced at an E3? Pretty much the same game, maybe a new mode to make end-game less dull? Two new classes? But really, this is about new high res beautiful 2D artwork, sprites, and re-recorded soundtrack.

SimCopter - A new one of those with awesome graphics.

Eh that's all I feel like coming up with for now.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda just want to hear more from already announced stuff. Ghost of Tsushima, Fire Emblem, Smash Bros., Cyberpunk 2077, maybe that Ubisoft Pirate Game. If I see those games I'm good.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Dreams mean not really based in reality?

Rare is making a new Viva Pinata for the Switch

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MattGiersoni

This one will probably happen, but my dream is Starfield being real. It's that long rumoured open-world rpg similar to TES and Fallout games Bethesda Game Studios is supposedly working on. I'd take TES6 or the next Fallout also (they are guaranteed at some point in the future), but we've known that BSG has at least 2 titles to release before TES6. I just love open-world games and Bethesda Game Studios is probably my favorite developer. Ever since Oblivion, I've always bought all their games on day 1 and then bought GOTY editions and spent probably thousands of hours in their worlds! (We're talking about Bethesda Game Studios, the dev, creators of F3 and F4 and TES series, not Bethesda the publisher)

Avatar image for changethel1ghts
changethel1ghts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingbonesaw: "Prince of Persia game made in the Ubiart engine." I never knew how much I wanted this until now. I absolutely love this idea.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Front Mission 6 as an actual old school T-RPG instead of all the other shit Square-Enix have been during with that series, would be pretty damn great.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lei Wulong for Tekken 7
Lei Wulong for Tekken 7
God Hand Remastered
God Hand Remastered

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seikenfreak: Oh, I didn't catch that. I imagine the Manx license is tough to get but Kylotonns managed it. If Polyphony's got boots on the ground, it'll probably take them years to map it. Tourist Trophy felt very much like a proof of concept so I'd like a sequel with more support behind it.

Rodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Dark Cloud 3 & a remake/brand new goemon mystical ninja game

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

A new Pokemon Snap...

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bethesda announces TESVI in a brand new engine.

Capcom announces Dragon's Dogma 2.

CDPR announces that fully remastered versions of the Witcher 1 and 2 are coming to modern consoles.

Sega announces a new console and a complete backwards compatible digital library of all games previously released on Sega consoles.

tp0p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forza horizon: Tokyo drift

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shenmue IV... Nah that'd probably just piss me off. A new Nier announcement would catch my interest.

If I see more Ghost of Tsushima &/ Cyberpunk 2077 &/ RDR2 I'll be happy.

Edit: @themanwithnoplan: Oh snap! I would love that.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I want a new F Zero or GX Remastered. Hopefully Nintendo will reveal that at their E3 direct.

Other than that, I’d like to see maybe a new Full on Animal Crossing game announced. Feels like it’s due for a new console game. Also get more info on Smash.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo 6, TESVI and KOTOR 3. I also really want to see a new Perfect Dark and Dead Space as well.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Redhotchilimist

@cikame:

"Tango Game works are currently working on a spiritual sequel to God Hand"

Just announce dmc 5 already, Itsuno, it's been yeeears

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Demon's Souls Remastered for PS4, a Jagged Alliance game made by Firaxis, and a One Piece fighting game made by ArcSysyemWorks.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By BoOzak
  • DMC 5
  • DOA 6
  • SSXXX (gotta differentiate it from the reboot somehow)
  • Ninja Gaiden 4
  • Metal Gear Rising: Resurrection
  • Rush: 2077 (set it in the same universe as that cyberpunk game, I dont care)
  • God Hand 2
  • Vanquish 2 (basically a new action game from Mikami, please)
  • Condemned 3
  • Half-Life 3: You Fuckers
StillVictor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nier Automata sequel for PS4 and Xbox One.

First Nier Automata ported to Xbox One.

Nier Xbox 360 added to the backward’s compatible list.

I would buy all of them and most likely play none.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50  Edited By big_denim

A good chance of actually happening:

• Devil May Cry 5 announcement
  • Gameplay trailer of Cyberpunk 2077
  • Reveal and demo of Bethesda's new open world game (I think it's called Starfield?)
  • Demo of Last of Us 2, with a release window reveal (q4 2019)
  • Halo 6 reveal, coming this fall, and has split screen again
  • An entirely new IP from Microsoft Game Studios or one of their AAA studios

Unlikely, but a man can dream, right?

• Valve finally reveals one of their big VR games, will release sooner than we think
  • Bloodborne 2
  • Date reveal for Death Stranding
  • New Elder Scrolls
  • Pokemon for Switch (is Nintendo even gonna announce stuff at E3? Or will it just be booths like last time???)