How Should Death Tank Be Handled?

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By roushimsx

So back in 1996, Lobotomy included a hidden bonus game in the Saturn version of Powerslave called "Death Tank". It was a fun little multiplayer, real time scorched earth-style game (wild, I know).  The next year, the sequel was bundled into the Saturn port of Duke Nukem 3D as a hidden bonus game. Finally, after over a decade of lying dormant the series is coming back with a third game, an XBLA release titled, "Death Tank".

Now, there's already a "Death Tank" game page, but it's a hodgepodge of XBLA screenshots, Powerslave info, and a Death Tank Zwei title pic. I'm wondering how best to handle this series to better contribute to the ol' GB database.

Should the games be restricted to blurbs on the pages of the games with which they were bundled? Would "Death Tank" become a concept to attach to both of those games in that case? Should each game have its own separate page with a mention that it was only available as a hidden bonus?

Given that there's now three games in the series, I think a "franchise" page is warranted, but I was going to hold off on that until after the rest of the mess got all sorted. I've got both Saturn games handy, so I'll nab a bunch of shots of both along with putting together the gameplay details (nuances, upgrades in Death Tank Zwei) and some backstory behind its development to fill up whatever gets decided.

In the meantime, however, I think I'm going to keep on hammering away at Duke Nukem 3D for Sega Saturn and try to get a bunch more shots. Seems like there's not nearly enough screenshots of this sucker on the internet. Pretty impressive lighting effects, all things considered. One episode left to go!

Oh, look! pictures!

caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
Justin_Case

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Justin_Case

Foremost, the titles do not deserve their own pages as they are not individual releases. The appearance can be mentioned in the main articles of both games quite easily.

However, considering the "series" spans multiple systems and has some semblance of continuation across it's iterations, a franchise page seems like the best idea. This case seems reminiscent of Geometry Wars first appearing as a mini-game within Project Gotham Racing 2. Both pages can mention the presence of the title, with the Franchise page containing the bulk of the information and screenshots. The page will accommodate for future expansion of the franchise this way as well.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Endogene

this reminds me that i still have around a 100 screen shots to upload of that game...

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Geometry Wars was pretty much what I was thinking of too. That's probably the best way to go about it.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By roushimsx
Endogene said:
"this reminds me that i still have around a 100 screen shots to upload of that game..."
Which one are you going to do? If you're going to do Death Tank Zwei, then I'll focus on snapping shots from Death Tank instead.

Wish the XBLA version was coming out on PSN and Steam as well. :'(