Giant Bomb EVE Corp and Community - New duders welcome!

zdgro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'd love to play EVE but I tried the trial once and my brain stopped working so I just stopped. I not smert enuf.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Also, whoever sent this message...you did a fantastic job. Hell if I know how to play EVE, but this is amazing stuff:

No Caption Provided

SharkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Also, whoever sent this message...you did a fantastic job. Hell if I know how to play EVE, but this is amazing stuff:

No Caption Provided

except the one typo before the end, in the sentence mentioning "...gathering and scouting."

this game is interesting to hear about, and though i would really like to figure it out it just takes too much time. I'll stick to just reading about it.

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Hey, duders. Cypherlith here. I've been MIA for the past week due to some family issues, and my account is currently on hold because my time ran out. As soon as I get by these issues, I will be back. Don't worry, I haven't abandoned Kite Co.! Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sharkman said:

@zombiepie said:

No Caption Provided

except the one typo before the end, in the sentence mentioning "...gathering and scouting."

this game is interesting to hear about, and though i would really like to figure it out it just takes too much time. I'll stick to just reading about it.

I probably should have written that in Word rather than directly into the in-game mail.

gnu2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A little noodling around in Premiere with the Brutix we took down:

Loading Video...

I think being a better space-cameraman will be next on the list :)

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#157  Edited By Forcen

I want to fly with you guys on the weekends, but my GPU called it quits. Ill be back when I get a new one or something. :(

/Kezxo

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started last night and have mostly been mining in the background with some of the profession tutorials here and there. Seems like a really cool game. Character name is Drighton Tzestu

DCam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#159  Edited By DCam

Spent some time on-line last night. So many things I had utterly forgotten, or have changed since 2008.

I found out I have 1.3 million unassigned skill points, so need to figure out what I should do with them. DoraTheExplora had suggested Battlecruiser skills, since they are probably doing something interesting with that skill this summer. I could probably directly get the BC skills, but wouldn't be able to actually fit it for anything useful. Would have to come by those skills honestly.

Any other suggestions what to do with 1.3 million skill points?

gnu2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By gnu2000

Last night, the war took a turn...

Loading Video...

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone feel like a pal and sending me an invite? Would like a 21 day trial. Excited to try this out and join the Duder Corp.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone feel like a pal and sending me an invite? Would like a 21 day trial. Excited to try this out and join the Duder Corp.

You can use the link in the first post of this thread.

Thunderdome 20XX: Ships Against Humanity

Tomorrow we'll be holding Kite Co's first Thunderdome! What is a Thunderdome? We'll be holding a huge free-for-all battle with ships for fabulous prizes totaling 100 million isk!

What do you need to do? Just show up and fight for your right to earn isk! Festivities should start around 0000 EVE time. If all goes well, we'll look into getting more of these events going.

A Wartime Update

We have plans for the war later this week, so if you can get to a computer for the second half of this week do so! Fleets should be going out later this week with some surprises.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yothatlimp said:

You can use the link in the first post of this thread.

Thanks, forgot to edit my post, I am already in-game.

Jimy_Lamisters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I showed up for round 2 of Thunderdome 20XX: Ships Against Humanity in an Incursus and went PEW PEW PEW until all others perished and I emerged the victor*, an achievement due in no small part to my elite PVP skills having the most expensive ship. It was a fun time for all and I'm looking forward to facing challengers in the next Thunderdome!

*technically Mishirosen won but he doesn't count

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I enjoyed the thunderdome, I won the first round then died first in the second, that Venture was tougher then it looked.

The pvp in EVE is a lot of fun when you are not badly outnumbered, hopefully as members train more skills we'll be able to have more successful fleet operations. I've almost got enough skills to properly fit an oracle.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#166 sweep  Moderator

I'm kinda hiding from the war, sitting about 15 jumps out from Mani and messing around with my scanning + covert ops stuff.

Dem wormholes. Can't get enough :D

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feel inspired to jump back on Eve again, had an account soaking up skills for while untill a month or two ago, feeling ready to try out again and hopefully join you guys since ive never really achieved much other than mine on my own and some a bunch of missions in High Sec.

Name on there is Megan Porla ill make sure yo join the channel.

kirathian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I just started it up and am super confused. It will take time to grasp it all again. I was mining stuff last time I played and was looking for a corp to find stuff to do and they tricked me and blew up my ship. They said they wouldn't if I gave them 20 million isk. I said "Dude, I don't have 20mil. I'm NEW." (even though I did) and then he blew me up. I closed the game and now 2 years later, I'm trying it again. Looking back, I think what those pirates did was actually really fucking cool. Albeit a little douche-like. I also played back in 2007, but to hell if I remember what I was doing then too lol. Probably mining.

My name is Kirathian Rhaos. Would love to join an actual corp for once =). I have to fly to the office or something to apply right? Gonna try to figure that stuff out now. Already in the channel giantbombing.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yo guys, Saint Lacking here! I want to thank you all for the great reception to me in all my bumbling clueslessness tonight in the chat. This game looks pretty fun, i'm looking forward to playing more.

zdgro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By zdgro

I was intrigued enough by watching Scoops get into EVE. I am currently downloading it. Does it matter what race and other options I chose? Looking forward to seeing you all on there.

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By mrflibble

@zgoon: Race doesn't really matter that much, you can just go with whoever you like. There aren't any restrictions unless your looking to role play. I think I read caldari can be a good option for training faster but it isn't a huge difference and you'll be fine no matter which race you pick.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zgoon: The race affects what your beginning ship looks like, what your character looks like, and what skills you start with. It's mostly an aesthetic choice, so pick what looks best to you.

mikular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, considering getting back into EVE soon after a short break caused by an act of vile treachery a civil disagreement with my current corp. Is there room in Kite Co. for a smarmy Scot who swears too much and earns too little? I take it the majority of y'all are American, but I tend to play very late anyway, so that shouldn't be a concern.

jnl81286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By jnl81286

Well I guess I'm going to be one of the influs of new players as I've been hearing good things. I'll most likely see you guys tonight.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might jump into this in a couple of weeks. Left a long time ago but I got up to piloting a raven battleship with full cruise missiles. Didn't have a lot of pvp related skills though. Hope I can join you guys when I go back in.

thefriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm downloading. I've played this a little bit before, but didn't have anyone to play with.

Uranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Uranium

I'm downloading. I've played this a little bit before, but didn't have anyone to play with.

Might jump into this in a couple of weeks. Left a long time ago but I got up to piloting a raven battleship with full cruise missiles. Didn't have a lot of pvp related skills though. Hope I can join you guys when I go back in.

@jnl81286 said:

Well I guess I'm going to be one of the influs of new players as I've been hearing good things. I'll most likely see you guys tonight.

@mikular said:

Hey, considering getting back into EVE soon after a short break caused by an act of vile treachery a civil disagreement with my current corp. Is there room in Kite Co. for a smarmy Scot who swears too much and earns too little? I take it the majority of y'all are American, but I tend to play very late anyway, so that shouldn't be a concern.

We have space for all of you in kiteco, just say hi in the giantbombing channel, or if the UI confuses you too much (this happens a lot) just PM me your character name and ill get you sorted.

zdgro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By zdgro

I'll be on later tonight on giantbombing chat. I am a complete newbie so forgive any dumb questions, but I'll be on later tonight. Name is Deckard Evora

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hearing Patrick talk about Eve, got me wanting to play again. I never found any nice people to play with though. So i would like to join the GiantBomb corp. I'm a euro player though, don't know if that is a problem?

alexslime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By alexslime

it's not a problem at all we have a TON of euro guys

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have no plans to start playing, but just wanted to say that it's super cool that there are duders who welcome everyone with open arms to the alterenate reality that is EVE. Makes me feel good inside.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a53d0b0bec8
deactivated-62a53d0b0bec8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh god.. just when i thought I was out... must.. resist... never got good at this game (mostly because I started a year ago and don't have a lot of time). That said:

Are you guys finding lots of fun times together? I was a member of Eve University and found it frustratingly slow at times. taught me a LOT about the game but for a North American player the schedules were a little tough.

inquisitorhayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My account has been dormant since my college years and for whatever reason I just reactivated for 3 months. How large/active is this group and are there lots of East Coast players? I'm a pretty casual player who has mostly done PvE to this point but was interested in seeing some of the later game stuff with corps, etc. Thoughts?

Uranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh god.. just when i thought I was out... must.. resist... never got good at this game (mostly because I started a year ago and don't have a lot of time). That said:

Are you guys finding lots of fun times together? I was a member of Eve University and found it frustratingly slow at times. taught me a LOT about the game but for a North American player the schedules were a little tough.

We have tons of fun times together, and the more people that join the more fun times we can organise. We try to make the schedules work for everyone but with all the different timezones it is fairly hard.

My account has been dormant since my college years and for whatever reason I just reactivated for 3 months. How large/active is this group and are there lots of East Coast players? I'm a pretty casual player who has mostly done PvE to this point but was interested in seeing some of the later game stuff with corps, etc. Thoughts?

We have some 70 odd players and usually around 10 people online, more at peak times. Casual players are welcome too.

jezus210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey decided to try out Eve, looks real cool and I just wanted to see what it's all about my name in game is Ordeer Vaille. I am terrible at MMOs so this will be fun! :)

confirm4crit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By confirm4crit

Dumb question. Does it matter what "race" I pick? O.o Is there a preferable one?

IonicSquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumb question. Does it matter what "race" I pick? O.o Is there a preferable one?

Nope, you're free to pick anything! Your race only has an effect on your starting skills, which only take a few hours to train anyway.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#188  Edited By MachoFantastico

Going to give this a go. Hearing Patrick talk about it as me at the very least interested to experience it myself. Happy to see their is a Giant Bomb community attached that would be super useful for me.

Sethster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm taking the plunge. Downloading the client now. Not sure if I'll make it on tonight, but we'll see. Totally new to the game, so thanks in advance for your patience.

Blaskowi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm doing this. I've been playing MMOs forever but always danced this game time to see what's up.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fdfa1dbf9a
deactivated-629fdfa1dbf9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am also going to give this ago after hearing Patrick on the Bombcast.

Just a few questions.....

1. Can i pick what server to start on?
  2. Are the servers split into EU/US like WoW? As i'm in the UK so not sure how that would work.

Thanks

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#192  Edited By MikkaQ

@barberforce said:

I am also going to give this ago after hearing Patrick on the Bombcast.

Just a few questions.....

1. Can i pick what server to start on?
  2. Are the servers split into EU/US like WoW? As i'm in the UK so not sure how that would work.

Thanks

It's just one server for everyone who plays EVE, otherwise the game would be pretty awful, because the economy is an actual economy.

AgentZigzag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kinggiddra: Just downloading the game now. See you in there.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By kinggiddra
No Caption Provided

Mailbag: Corporate Update Edition

The life of a Space Trucker is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short. Between consulting a thesaurus for new rhyme cyphers and pounding cases of Faygo, Kite Co. has had its hands full for the past couple of weeks. We’ve taken huge strides towards forming cohesive fleets to combat wars and pillage the depths of space. Our very first war against the Angeli Mortis allowed us to refine some of our tactics and allowed us to have some fun with TANG. This war also provided us with a taste of destroying some incredibly expensive ships with some relatively cheap vessels.

One interesting consequence of our skirmishing came on the night of April 11th. The division heads of Kite Co. had come together for the weekly planning session only to find something incredibly interesting had taken place that day. As we gathered, our head of logistics informed us that the first vestiges of Kite Co. Intelligence Agency (KIA) had taken root in the Angeli earlier that week. We had reports that membership were discontent in the overall leadership of the alliance. The previous week had seen the assassination of an Angeli figure by an elite task force. The next few days saw a large portion of Angeli evacuating expensive assets into a proxy corporation, D-I-L-L-I-G-A-F. This isn’t to say Angeli couldn’t field a force strong enough to shut down Kite Co. activities, rather the paralyzing grip of fear prevented them from acting. The fact that they could lose a billion isk ship to a couple of frigates meant the war was no longer worth fighting. The night of April 11th saw the split of D-I-L-L-I-G-A-F from Angeli proper. Kite Co. had split it’s first alliance.

As we enter the next chapter of Kite Co.’s history, we are going to focus on building the foundation of our corporation and expand into factional warfare. Empire space allowed the first members of Kite Co. to interact and have a bit of fun, but we quickly reached the limits of what that space could provide us. The TANG ships we’ve grown accustomed to were great for the small scale brawls in groups of 10-15, but we’re going to need to expand our hangars for the future. The WUTANG ships we rolled out earlier this week are going to help us diversify our lineup. They’re great for small group tactics backed up with some TANG support. The small amount of combat we’ve engaged in over the last week has been pretty rough for our WUTANG ships, but our military division is working through tons of permutations and options. Cruisers are the next leap for our corporation and they may be coming sooner than later. For any pilots looking to get a head start, keep working on your support skills! Shield, armor, fitting, or weapons are all great skills to train. Please remember that a skill point trained is never a skill point wasted.

The Kite Co. narrative drives forward full steam ahead, but there are also plenty of side projects for our membership to enjoy. Our CEO Djorgo has set up a Wiki for Kite Co. members to work on! We’re calling for any and all space truckers to lend a hand in filling out our Wiki. Additionally, we formed some community events including the Thunderdome 20XX: Ships Against Humanity. ISK prizes were distributed to all that attended and to the grand prize winners. There is also a special list of contestants that will receive “Adventure” prize packs. Look for those soon! If any space truckers want to organize a community event and need some help setting it contact one of the corporation leaders. We’ll help you setup your event and get it running.

We look forward to meeting all of our new Space Truckers this week!

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

EVE has a 21 day free trial? Oh man. I should know better than to think about getting into this game. I'm positive that it is above my skill level and what I'd probably end up ever wanting to have to invest in an MMO. At the same time, I find myself very curious about the game. I may have to give it some more thought, but, between this topic (and corporation) and the free trial, I may have to give this a go before much longer.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By ripelivejam

juggling this AND dota 2 AND LoL?

can it be done???

English

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By English

I have to say that the giantbombing chat is awesome. It's definitely improved my experience playing the game so I'll be signing up for Kite Co. Looking forward to dudeing it up.

dutfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't logged on for a couple of weeks so I missed the start of the FW and the big move to Orvolle leaving me docked deep in Amarr space. What's going to be the best way for me to join up with you guys? I'm guessing leaving the corp, moving all my stuff and rejoining in a week would be the easiest?

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#199  Edited By guanophobic

Gotta give a thanks to the guys giving me an intro on how the fleet's and territorial conquest worked yesterday.
Too bad there never were any combat involved (more than us being warp bubbled) before bedtime here in Sweden (went to bed at around 04:30 yesterday).

Hopefully there'll be more tonight!

Scubasteve1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm applying, still in the tutorial though :/ I'm sluggishk in game..