30 day LOL and DOTA 2 trials

ezekiel2021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ezekiel2021

So I have been trying to get into game writing recently, and with that I decided to do something insane. Having never had an interest in MOBA's I decided to try them out to see how user friendly they are. In that vein, I have decided to start league of legend and follow it's core tutorial stuff for a 30-day period, I am already summoner level 5 (whatever that means), and wanted to see if anyone in the GB community would be willing to throw down with me. After my 30 days, I am thinking of switching to DOtA 2 for 30 days, then writing a post about the differences, community, and over all learning curve of such games. I know it's ridiculous, but for what it's worth, I want to actually contribute something to the gaming community at large, no matter how small. Anyone else in?

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I think you should do it!

Be sure to follow through though, I don't know about you, but I often have very similar ideas that never reach their conclusions.

And Luna is the best Dota 2 character.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

NmareBfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do it! Jazz's posts are enjoyable, though he seems to have come down stronger on the League side of things. He was swapping between them more rapidly which led to some confusion -- if you do 30 days in one and 30 days in the other that'll be a different and possibly more cohesive experience.

Don't forget to take a bunch of notes as you go.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi

When you switch to Dota I'll gladly play with you.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This continues to be a popular trend and for good reason, it's a lot of fun to hear someone's unadulterated perspective on games that other people frankly get obsessed with, myself included.

I second the notion of checking out Jazz's threads. Even though I personally don't agree with his choice of game, he does a great job of expressing his reasoning and making it a fun read. That said, if I could give you one tip, then it'd be to start with DOTA even though it's the more complex game. We're just now launching the new GB Community Tournament, and it'd probably be a terrific learning tool for you if you're just starting out. DOTA is almost impenetrable unless someone teaches you the ropes, be it a friend, a youtube channel, or yeah, the community playing games together.

Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Fenrir

I find with everyone I've ever talked to about Mobas that the one they like best is the one they played first. Whilst it would probably make for a better read, 30 days in one before starting the other would probably make you biased to one experience. Unless you can stay super objective about it. I find this stuff really interesting though, so I'm looking forward to whatever you put out.