• 70 results
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By Hizang

@FluxWaveZ: Yeah. but wont the original 3DS one just work with it?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Hizang said:

@FluxWaveZ: Yeah. but wont the original 3DS one just work with it?

It will as well as the DSi one, but not everyone owned one of those devices before the 3DS XL. I didn't, so if it didn't come with the 3DS XL I'd need to buy it separately.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#53  Edited By Hizang

@FluxWaveZ: Thats a bummer I guess, but I personally have like 4 of these from past handhelds, I'd bet the GBASP one worked too.

Despite that Silver colour I think I'll get red, since my Wii is also red.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By Enigma777

Nintendo, I applaud you. You have done the impossible. You have managed to convince me that I shouldn't buy a 3DS not once, but twice in a single month!

Quite possibly the worst hardware revision I've ever seen. Worse, I'm shocked at all the hype. Are people really this dumb?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By AndrewB

Eh. I would have been pissed if they did add that second analog stick. I don't need a bigger screen, especially considering I snagged mine for half that price and with a ton of VC games.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#56  Edited By Claude

When is the new Game Boy coming out?

MAGZine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By MAGZine

I bought a 3DS last year at $249 and I'm still happy with my purchase. Be sure to watch for sales on the current gen 3DS. You'll be able to buy them used cheaper, too. I will not be buying a revision.

@FluxWaveZ: 96 DPI, BTW, is comparable to computer monitors.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By AndrewB

@Claude said:

Gameboy Micro Pocket Color XL, coming next year. Makes your old original model Gameboy completely obsolete. Finally, an original Gameboy with a clamshell design.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Claude
@AndrewB said:

@Claude said:

Gameboy Micro Pocket Color XL, coming next year. Makes your old original model Gameboy completely obsolete. Finally, an original Gameboy with a clamshell design.

Nice, does the Game Boy name still hold weight in the gaming world? Nintendo is an odd company. I love them, but I don't get them...sometimes.
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By AndrewB

@Claude: The Game Boy name will make a return when they're most interested in grasping at nostalgia. It definitely still holds weight. That thing and all of its iterations through the Micro were legendary.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Claude
@AndrewB said:

@Claude: The Game Boy name will make a return when they're most interested in grasping at nostalgia. It definitely still holds weight. That thing and all of its iterations through the Micro were legendary.

Makes sense to me, but I always found it odd they abandoned the name. It was huge!
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#62  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I feel like I could bludgeon someone to death with that thing. Thus, when I inadvertently get a 3DS so I can play Fire Emblem (was that discussed at the conference at all?) I will stick with the basic model. Because handhelds that can fit in my pocket are good.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#63  Edited By ManMadeGod

@Claude said:

@AndrewB said:

Makes sense to me, but I always found it odd they abandoned the name. It was huge!

If I had to guess I would say they dropped the GameBoy name because they felt the DS was a risk at the time. Remember, they were still supporting the gameboy line and launched the Micro after the DS was in stores. If the DS tanked they didn't want to ruin an established brand. When the DS first came out it was often called a gimick: who wants two screens and a touchscreen? Dumb!

Could also be for marketing reasons. Maybe they thought it would be harder to sell a "gameboy" to a wider audience.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AndrewB

@ManMadeGod: I think it was just the point that the DS was a side-project experiment that worked amazingly well. After that, the DS name had about as much weight as the GameBoy name. I'd imagine they were always planning on falling back to making another GameBoy after the original DS.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By Sooty

It has a matte top half? Fuck yes. Down with glossy!

I'm sick of glossy products. They look good in photos but horrible in real life, unless they're brand new and haven't been touched.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JoeyRavn

@AndrewB said:

@ManMadeGod: I think it was just the point that the DS was a side-project experiment that worked amazingly well. After that, the DS name had about as much weight as the GameBoy name. I'd imagine they were always planning on falling back to making another GameBoy after the original DS.

I can totally get behind a new GameBoy. Instead of concentrating on dual-screen gaming, make a single-screen powerhouse without the stupid multimedia features of the Vita and 3DS (no cameras, no music or video playing, no Internet browsing, etc.). Just make a GB SP2.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Vexxan

Any word on how the battery life of this beast is?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Vexxan said:

Any word on how the battery life of this beast is?

Despite the larger screen size, 3DS LL improves the battery life over the 3DS. 3DS LL will last 3.5 to 6.5 hours when playing 3DS software, up from the 3 to 5 hours of the standard 3DS. When playing DS software, the LL runs 6 to 10 hours, up from the 5 to 8 hours of the standard 3DS.

Andriasang

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Vexxan

@FluxWaveZ: Thanks, good to see that they're using all that extra space.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#70  Edited By ckeats

I miss my DSi XL so much since I traded it in for the 3DS back at launch. Lucky for me this is coming out between semesters while I'm working, so day one again.

But seriously NoA, what's with the colour options in this region? GIMMIE DAT WHITE.