Abby is Leaving Giant Bomb at the end of November

Avatar image for deactivated-60534c109535a
deactivated-60534c109535a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

Thank you Abby, for almost 4 years on GBeast, it would not be the same without you. Good luck with your future & what not hehe. PS! the best stuff you had on GB was when you where on the Playdates,13 deadly sims, Burgle my bananas and Six Crazy Fright, Crime crew the best. Have a good on, see you later maybe??? :-)

JamesM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

All the best with whatever the future holds. You will be sorely missed on the site. I really enjoyed the energy you brought!

bstnrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Good luck, Abby!

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

I will miss having her unique perspective. People got on her for not having an encyclopedic knowledge of gaming but honestly that had the effect of making the videos more informative. And as much as I love the stodgy cynicism of Alex and Vinny, Abby and Dan were great foils, providing energy and excitement. Definitely going to be difficult to maintain GBeast going forward. Hopefully the new owners will let Vinny hire on a new producer.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this mean there might be an Abby/Jeff Green colab?

That should happen.

We'd all learn something from watching Green show ybbaaabby how to speed run.

Mortimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've said it before: Abby is the best thing to happen to this website since Kane and Lynch.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be honest, there were times Abby got me frustrated (especially during GOTY talks) but I always respected her and what she brought to the table and crew. Her Hitsmas and Steal my Sunshine efforts probably my favourite Abby memories.

All the best for the future Abby, and thanks for everything.

Kevinhfry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember Abby once mentioned off hand on stream how "she had only been at Giant Bomb for a year or so" and thinking "wow it feels like she's been here way longer", and now, upon finding out she's leaving after almost 4, my first thought was "but she just got here!". Wherever Abby and her talents land next are going to be lucky to have her.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't believe it's been almost 4 years already either. Time really flew by.

Not bad for a first big job!

greggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck Abby, and thanks for all of the great content!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

All the best Abby!!!

pye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for hosting those charity streams this year and for everything else you did, Abby! Good luck and I hope to see you pop up again soon!

mikachops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really sucks as Abby was Giant Bomb for the last 3 years, and she’s certainly been the main person during lockdown keeping the good times rolling.

Wishing her all the best, it’s been great.

nilsth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've actually not listened to the Beastcast yet because I now know she will announce that she is leaving there. I find Abby to be so delightful and charming (maybe I'm a bit smitten by her 😅), her contribution to the dynamics will be sorely missed.

All the best for the future, Abby! 😊

Jetlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The rotating chair strikes again. Good luck, Abby, in everything you do!

ClintDriftwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck Abby! Gonna miss you on the site but will for sure keep up with whatever is next.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Best wishes towards the future Abby! She came in and right off the bat fit with the rest of the Bomb crew very well. I was impressed. And she broke important ground as the first woman to be part of the staff. She had to take a lot of undue guff throughout the years but always maintained a love for the site and most of its fans who could be respectful.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I’m really going to miss Abby being on the site. Six Crazy Frights and Thirteen Deadly Sims were so, so great and she made every East Playdate worth watching. As others have noted, she did an incredible job bringing diverse voices onto the platform. It’s an enormous void but I’m glad she was on the site for 3.5 years.

Favorite memory: oddly, her playing Palmyra Orphanage and screaming “I HATE YOU!” at the jump scares stands out most right now. I think about that episode all the time.

EdenC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the awesome content, Abby! It’s been a true delight! Good luck out there! Have fun! Will miss Clue Crew somethin’ awful!! ⭐️✨

MissAshley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna miss you, Abby! You brought a youthful energy to Giant Bomb that helped remind everyone that games are for everyone and people are discovering them every day. Best wishes!

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abby, you inspired me to take an improv class. I only attended once as it's not my cup of tea but I will always remember trying something new because of you. Your presence and brand of comedy will be sorely missed. Thank you for the laughs and the quality content.

Best wishes to all your future endeavors. Hey-oh!

davidfox1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We’ll still have all of Abby’s stuff in the archive to have fun watching but it’s a definite shame she’s going. My personal favourite was basically any moment from Steal My Sunshine. And the Deadly Sims series was great too.

Godspeed Abby. Brighter pastures await and can’t wait to see what you get up to next. Don’t be a stranger!

ActionSlothX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have but one thing to say:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

But also, best wishes and break all the legs in the future! Or right now, if that's what you feel like doing. I'm not going to tell you how to live your life.

Avatar image for relentlessrolento
RelentlessRolento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I posted this elsewhere on the web, but wanted to make sure I got it out before Holloween + her departure:

No Caption Provided

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will truly miss Abby, her rapport with Jan and Ben I thoroughly enjoy (I'm 44 so its fun to hear the "kids" talk...) and she has been an amazing burst of a totally different kind of energy and background to gaming and gaming culture.

Abby good luck where ever you land!

Avatar image for brunomafioletti
brunomafioletti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck to Abby, i'll miss her creativity and honesty. Hopefully we'll be able to still get to see her some wehere in the future.

Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

She's been a good addition to the crew. Definitely a loss for the site. Sad to see her go, but hopefully she's happy where she ends up next!

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#331  Edited By Rasgueado

I'm going to miss her energy here as well. I think it was a nice complement to the rest of the group. All the best to you Abby going forward, but thank you for the good work you did while you were here.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta say, I only recently got back into the Beastcast, and also started watching more of Six Crazy Frights in October, and today I really felt how much of a bummer it is that she won't be with the east crew after November.

But! I'm glad I tuned back in before she left.

Avatar image for cheesebearger14
Cheesebearger14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: nobody got mad at her not knowing a "mid tier ps2 title or something ben and Jeff wrote in a bathroom." Just chill out guy.

zeromaverick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still haven't even gotten over Austin leaving! Gonna miss Abby because she provided a different perspective that we probably won't see on the site again.

Avatar image for senorsucks2suck
senorsucks2suck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@demonsoul: Harsh and unnecessary. I've learned not to dismiss gamers for loving the games they love. Breaths of fresh air like her keep the site interesting.

Avatar image for senorsucks2suck
senorsucks2suck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@cheesebearger14: I got over her (and what it all boils down to) is her not being my age. You can't do research and keep up with industry. The only prerequisite to belonging is playing games. Think she did that in her own lane and quite well.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bye Abby! I still need to watch the final stream I was too busy with work to watch it earlier. Another added to my list of former-GB staff to keep tabs on. Definitely going to miss the Sims 4 and Fortnite updates on this site.

ConvoyGTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has it really been 4 years? Wow. Best of luck Abby!

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@demonsoul: Didn't you just get a comment in the another thread about her deleted like 24 hours ago?

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By SethMode

@demonsoul said:

Abby never really seemed to fit in with the GB team IMO. GB will be better off without her and Abby will be better off without GB.

What are you even talking about? Objectively, Abby had amazing chemistry with every member of the GB staff. The saddest part about this for me is that we didn't get enough of her and Jeff G.

dizzie_lizzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The final stream today was the perfect send-off. I will miss having Abby on the site so much, but can't wait to follow whatever she has in store for the future!

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ybbaaabby You were an awesome and fun addition to the team. Gonna miss hearing from you every Friday morning at work. Wishing you the best of luck in whatever adventure you get up to and hoping to see and hear from it soon. See ya later, Abby. :)

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonsoul: I'm not going to say she didn't fit in. She must've done to work there for four years. She definitely provided different content. Without her, I couldn't image any Sims content being on this site beyond a quick look. Sims content she made work. I'll say the same thing for Fortnite.

She brought new ideas to the table, much like the others and took charge of a couple. You don't manage that if you don't fit in.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Now that we're coming up on the end of November...thanks again for everything Abby! Your talents and work ethic really showed on everything you were a part of, and Giant Bomb will have a XL sized gaming chair to fill due in your absence.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna miss you Abby, good luck in your next adventure

pg77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't feed the trolls yall. you'd have to be insane to think Abby didn't fit in well with the team.