Am I the only one who thinks the CT endurance run is a bad idea?

• 149 results
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jay444111

CT as in Crono Trigger.

Basically, it is like this, it has been rereleased practically every 5 to 10 years since it's very first release. SNES was when it first came out. PS1 was a remake, the DS version and even virtual console on the Wii have it. Soon it is going on touch screen tablets soon here!

What I am getting at, is that EVERYONE can/have played this game, even their own damn mothers as well. This game is WILDLY able to be bought on nearly every damn place you can find it! Gamestop even has copies of this game these days, it is insanely common.

Isn't the Endurance run about giving cult classic games the chance to be well known to newer generations of people? If so, then I can think of MUCH better video games to do Endurance runs on.

First off, why the hell don't you guys do Earthbound? I may not have been able to play this game. But that is for a VERY good reason, there are ZERO re-releases. The game itself goes for 130 bucks on ebay! Just last year, it was at most 100 bucks to find one! If it has anything with the box/instructions/strategy guide, it can go for over 300 ******* DOLLARS!!!!! Want to see some damn proof? HERE!

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/EarthBound-Super-Nintendo-1995-/4585?LH_ItemCondition=5000&_dmpt=Video_Games_Games&_pcategid=139973&_pcatid=2&_refkw=earthbound+snes

Yeah! those are the REAL prices for one of these damn things! Since a few people don't know how to use emulators like myself, there is no chance in hell that I will EVER be able to play this game! Also for the fact that Nintendo has it's head so far up it's own ass about these things that it isn't even funny anymore.

You guys would be supported by the entire fanbase of this game, and they would migrate here very VERY easily by doing such an endurance run. Doesn't more member=more money? If so, then this is what you should be doing INSTEAD of CT which everyone has already played.

Or... hell, Do a Nier Endurance run, that game is just as cult classic as DP and is just as awesome as it with plenty of great story with no sales to back it up!

If you guys DO want to do a Endurance run on a damn common game, do a chronological view on the Kingdom Hearts series! From BBS to Recoded for the new game coming out for 3DS!

You guys get the KH fans and you provide a good way for the series to be seen in a chronological way in one place other then all over the place and on many different systems!

Please. Just... Reconsider doing Chrono Trigger, Everyone does love that game but... we all have already played it. Not sure if this will get modded or not, but this is my honest opinion of the newest Endurance run.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c69b4d231869
deactivated-5c69b4d231869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No, you're not. This is easily the third thread I've seen on this in the last two weeks.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cincaid

YES YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

No, but they don't care. Seems like they're actively trying to put an end to the thousands of requests for endurance runs. And as far as I'm concerned, they've succeeded with flying colors.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By emergency

@Cincaid said:

YES YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE

I FRIGGING KNEW HE WAS THE ONLY ONE. DAMNIT.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doing a CT run doesn't mean they won't do an ER for another game. There's not a finite amount of potential ER's unless you consider that technically there is a finite amount of game sin existence.

Regardless though, they've already begun playing the game, none of the episodes are up yet is all.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By McGhee

If you would have been paying attention to any thread at all concerning this ER or even done the briefest search you would know that you definitely aren't the only one complaining about it. I'm kind of sick of it at this point.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By nintendoeats

I would like to see them spend their time on other things also.

But dude, emulators are not complicated. If you are into that kind of thing.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jothel

I never got round to playing this so I'm looking forward to this

Alexandruxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alexandruxx

no

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrKlorox said:
No, but they don't care. Seems like they're actively trying to put an end to the thousands of requests for endurance runs. And as far as I'm concerned, they've succeeded with flying colors.
That actually makes sense....
morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By morningstar

If you dont like it, dont watch it. No point in making yet another one of these threads.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yeah, you're the only one.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Animasta

I think your an idiot normally but man what I wouldn't do to see them do a Nier Endurance Run! it wouldn't be very... funny though. not that CT is, but Nier is just depressing

Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Jay444111 said:

Isn't the Endurance run about giving cult classic games the chance to be well known to newer generations of people? If so, then I can think of MUCH better video games to do Endurance runs on.

No, it isn't, although I've seen that sentiment before. The Endurance Run is about having an excuse to play a game you otherwise wouldn't have time for by making it a video feature. That's it. Vinny and Jeff wanted to play Persona 4 but didn't have the free time to do so, so they made it part of their job.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By beforet

@whistlebottom said:

No, you're not. This is easily the third hundred thread I've seen on this in the last two weeks.

Edited for accuracy.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Venatio

I loved both previous ER's, still the best feature on the site

When they were talking about a new ER I was excited, when I learned it was CT and neither Jeff or Vinny was playing, I lost all anticipation

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bigsmoke77

The endurance run is about the staff playing a game they normally wouldn't have played unless they turn it into some content for the site, It has NOTHING to do with cult classic games. Ryan wants to endure through CT and patrick has agreed to go along with the ride. The reason why the other staff is not involved is because they don't have any games that they are interested in but NORMALLY wouldn't play through. Just becasue YOU have played CT doesn't mean other people don't know anything about it. Plenty of people played through P4 and where giving tips to vinny and jeff at the beginning of the ER, a large number of people picked up deadly premonition when that ER started and finished the game long before the ER ended. This didn't affect the ERs one bit. You have to understand that the game PICKS you, you DON"T pick the game. 

p.s. I don't think any of the GB staff give a flying fuck about the kingdom hearts series.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fruitcocoa

If you want an endurance run, at least let them choose what to play. Earthbound is an amazing game, but Chrono fits this very well. At the end of the day, noone wants an endurance run where the crew don't enjoy their time.

sept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sept

@Jay444111 said:

First off, why the hell don't you guys do Earthbound? I may not have been able to play this game. But that is for a VERY good reason, there are ZERO re-releases.

Actually, Mother 1 and 2 were both re-released on the GBA back in 2003 (but Japan only).

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By ventilaator

Saying you are excited for the new ER would be worth a "Am I the only one" as far as I can tell.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Beg for endurance run.

Hate new endurance run.

Derp.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jay444111

@sept said:

@Jay444111 said:

First off, why the hell don't you guys do Earthbound? I may not have been able to play this game. But that is for a VERY good reason, there are ZERO re-releases.

Actually, Mother 1 and 2 were both re-released on the GBA back in 2003 (but Japan only).

But does the Average American/any other country OTHER THAN Japan even know how to read Japanese though? Although, I DID word that incorrectly. I should have said, "ZERO re-releases outside of Japan!"

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Animasta

@FinalDasa: this argument has been made before, but the reason people liked the endurance run was because you got vinny all 5 days of the week

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lockwoodx

A saints row the third ED would be infinitely better.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jay444111

@FinalDasa said:

Beg for endurance run.

Hate new endurance run.

Derp.

There is a difference however between each game, if the game was something like Earthbound, everyone would rejoice. However, with it being with such a common great game, this new Endurance run HAS to be critisized.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Simplexity

@Animasta: No Vinny does make the ER about 5000000000000000000000000x less appealing, that man is a comedic genius.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By Dalai

The Chrono Trigger Endurance Run is not their best idea, but it's not a bad one. I'd take an Earthbound ER anytime over Chrono Trigger, but I'm still gonna enjoy watching it.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MrKlorox
@Prodstep said:

@Animasta: No Vinny does make the ER about 5000000000000000000000000x less appealing, that man is a comedic genius.

And it's exponentially worse with Patrick trying to replace him.
Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jrad

I'm actually looking forward to it. I've certainly tried to play Chrono Trigger but I simply can't withstand older jrpgs for very long. Plus I like Patrick Klepek, so yeah, the new ER is probably going to be pretty awesome.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Gooddoggy said:

The Endurance Run is about having an excuse to play a game you otherwise wouldn't have time for by making it a video feature.

You gotta admit that it's a bit of a bummer that one of the two people involved in the endurance run was able to give the game enough time to have already beaten it though right?
JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Jay444111 said:

There is a difference however between each game, if the game was something like Earthbound, everyone would rejoice.

I seriously doubt it, mainly because a huge percent of the Giant Bomb population has probably never heard about it.

Edit: Huzzah, 2000th post. Now I'm a man.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cyraxible

You don't make good threads.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By UnrealDP

Cool, more " I love/hate the next endurance run" threads... I can't wait until all the negatives become positives come Monday...

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bobstar

Can someone explain the logic behind Patrick doing and Endurance Run to a game he already played?

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vexxan

I never played Chrono Trigger. 

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sirdesmond

I am sure most people will like the ER once it starts. For now, everyone just wants to whine because they think they have a better idea for a better game or that it won't live up to the last one or whatever. Honestly, it won't live up to the Persona 4 ER by anyone's standard because it simply is not going to be the Persona 4 ER. Just enjoy (or don't) what they are going to be giving us and move on.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#38  Edited By donutfever

Am I the only one who thinks

Oh hey, this thread.
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jay444111

@JoeyRavn said:

@Jay444111 said:

There is a difference however between each game, if the game was something like Earthbound, everyone would rejoice.

I seriously doubt it, mainly because a huge percent of the Giant Bomb population has probably never heard about it.

Edit: Huzzah, 2000th post. Now I'm a man.

How many of the GB community even heard of Deadly Premonition then?

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By imsh_pl
@emergency said:

@Cincaid said:

YES YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE

AT FIRST I WAS LIKE "DAMN SON, I WANTED TO BE ONE TOO" BUT THEN I WAS LIKE "NAH BRO, HE IS THE ONLY ONE"
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By ajamafalous
@Cincaid said:

YES YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE

dhvl2712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dhvl2712

Can Dark Souls / Demon's Souls be considered a Cult Classic? It would be nice if more people played it. Last time I checked the game barely crossed the 2 million mark.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By DeeGee

@Jay444111 said:

Isn't the Endurance run about giving cult classic games the chance to be well known to newer generations of people?

This is where you went wrong.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#45  Edited By 234r2we232

lol. Deadly Premonition a "classic".

It was a bad idea when they announced they were doing a ER without Vinny and Jeff.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#46  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@imsh_pl said:

@emergency said:

@Cincaid said:

YES YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE

AT FIRST I WAS LIKE "DAMN SON, I WANTED TO BE ONE TOO" BUT THEN I WAS LIKE "NAH BRO, HE IS THE ONLY ONE"

THE ONLY ONE? WHAT? I THOUGHT I HATED THE IDEA OF A CHRONO TRIGGER ER TOO! I GUESS I DON'T NOW!

Oh, by the way: emulators aren't hard to use. Sure, you have to live with the guilt you may or may not feel for downloading a game Nintendo enjoys pretending doesn't exist and will probably never re-release in any capacity in the states, but it's not rocket science.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sooty

Persona 4 wasn't a classic, it's only 3-4 years old depending on which region you go by and Deadly Premonition is even more recent.

OP, you don't even seem to know what the Endurance Run is. You sir are a fraud. Good day.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MikkaQ

Recommending KH games invalidates this post, I'm sorry but those are the worst things to happen to games in a long time. Crossovers are the woooorst.

Earthbound ain't a bad call though.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#49  Edited By Commisar123
VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By VoshiNova

When someone just DECIDES to get a chicken strip sandwich, it's not the impulse that makes him jump into the car and drive - it's the whataburger instinct