• 66 results
Avatar image for deactivated-649f07b15d7b8
deactivated-649f07b15d7b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

How could all the GB guys review this so highly, saying that "the ending was so amazing that it's forcing me to care about the on-going story". This ending is TERRIBLE. In fact, the game's entire plot was strung together by what was mostly unimportant drivel. The only reason why I played it through to the end, is because what I heard on GB, and now I'm going to question GB's word. AC2 might be the worst game I've played all year.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By WickedCestus

Cool story  bro. 

Most people think it's great, you don't. Get over it.

ColinRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ColinRyan

I thought it was a nice twist, but what do I know right?

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By regularassmilk

You sorta missed this discussion.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy

You might think so, but a lot of people including myself think it's great. I actually think it's one of my favorite endings ever. It's just so epic and really makes things more interesting - I cannot wait to see what happens with the next installment. AC2 is actually the best game I played from last year, and I've played pretty much all of the big-hitters.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WickedCestus

The best part was when Desmond says, "what the fuck?"

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By I_smell

I wish Desmond broke out at the end of AC1.

Infact no I don't, cos I didn't finish AC1.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By sopranosfan
@supermike6 said:
" Cool story  bro.   Most people think it's great, you don't. Get over it. "
this
Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blubba

GB is of course putting it as their opinion not fact. You can't discredit them because there opinion is different from your own.

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By cap123

i just finished it about 2 hours a go. The whole story meant nothing to me, i thought some of the characters were alright but that was about it.

Then the ending happened and it was awesome. 

macot79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By macot79

I liked the ending.

Avatar image for desmondfromthehatch
desmondfromthehatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ending was fantastic and I can't wait to see where they go with it.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Dany
@drewmaw: Would you care to elaborate?
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pause422
@supermike6 said:
" Cool story  bro.   Most people think it's great, you don't. Get over it. "
Agreed.
SlantedRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SlantedRoom
@drewmaw: i agree that the ending was not as great as the hype, BUT the entire game surrounding that ending was great, that was my #2 goty. 
love it 
SlantedRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SlantedRoom
@supermike6: hahaha word, i was hoping it would end with that
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

So you have judged all of the game just because of you thought negatively about an ending that you dedicated your trust from people who honestly appreciated it?

Obvious troll and lack of evidence makes it more,

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By guiseppe
@drewmaw: Ok if you didn't like the story, but worst game of the year? That really makes me wonder what your best game of the year is.
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Griddler

Eh, I couldn't remember the ending to ACII if you put a gun to my head. Shows how much the story gripped me.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Coltonio7

You'll sit through a 25 hour game because someone told you to?

SlantedRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SlantedRoom

did anybody else notice that ezio and desmond have the same scare above there lip?

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@drewmaw said:
" How could all the GB guys review this so highly, saying that "the ending was so amazing that it's forcing me to care about the on-going story". This ending is TERRIBLE. In fact, the game's entire plot was strung together by what was mostly unimportant drivel. The only reason why I played it through to the end, is because what I heard on GB, and now I'm going to question GB's word. AC2 might be the worst game I've played all year. "
Well aren't you an individual.
Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@SeriouslyNow said:
" @drewmaw said:
" How could all the GB guys review this so highly, saying that "the ending was so amazing that it's forcing me to care about the on-going story". This ending is TERRIBLE. In fact, the game's entire plot was strung together by what was mostly unimportant drivel. The only reason why I played it through to the end, is because what I heard on GB, and now I'm going to question GB's word. AC2 might be the worst game I've played all year. "
Well aren't you an individual. "
@Coltonio7 said:
" You'll sit through a 25 hour game because someone told you to? "
Both of these.  Fine if you have a differing opinion but worst game all year?  Come on dude, be real.

I absolutely loved the ending and AC2 was my favorite game of the year.  I went from not really caring about the overarching story of AC1 to being way into it with AC2.  Well done by Ubi.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dany: Eh, I could elaborate, but despite my best efforts to explain myself, it's obivious that I'm in the minority. I kept thinking throughout the game, that I'd rather be reading a book about the game, because for one, many main-game-quests are pointless. The dialogue is filled with exposition. There were a few points when I was honestly being intellectually stimulated, but other than that, it's all mostly filler. The ending was a sincere disappointment, and I'll break it down to these points:

1. Fighting the Pope in the courtyard, when all the Assassins (Paola, Mario, etc) surround him, he then runs away... Paola says "No Ezio, he's gotten away"... Umm... are you kidding me? This guys the fucking fatest guy in the game, how the hell as he "gotten away". Poor writing.

2. The fact that there's no setup for Ezio's multiplication trick. This is what we call a "McGuffin" in screenwriting.

3. The fact that there's no setup for the Pope's super powers? (which is more comedic than anything) (also a mcguffin)

4. The fist fight at the end is hilariously pathetic, as Ezio and Pope are having a casual conversation while swinging fists feverishly.

5. And... Aliens??? Really?? The fact that there's no setup for this either... and that the clothing that the aliens are wearing are unsubstantiated by anything of historical significance. It's practically like why the ending of Indiana Jones 4 was fucking terrible. Why not add something as cliche' as aliens to every ending, it would appear that most of you would find it interesting.

6. Rolling Credits over what is the most important and climactic part of the game??? Wow, poor choice. And why don't the guards at the ending have guns?? Oh, that's right, poor writing, or a lack of creativity to figure out how Desmund could figure out how to deal with guns.

7. Having the final conversation over a black screen, when you've wasted so much time at a place like the Carnavale???? What the hell? TERRIBLE WRITING!
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LiquidSwords

Stop posting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Stephen_Von_Cloud:@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @drewmaw said:
@Coltonio7 said:
Both of these.  Fine if you have a differing opinion but worst game all year?  Come on dude, be real.  I absolutely loved the ending and AC2 was my favorite game of the year.  I went from not really caring about the overarching story of AC1 to being way into it with AC2.  Well done by Ubi. "
Worst game "I've Played" all year. Not the worst game of the year. Please learn to read.
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drewmaw said:

" @Stephen_Von_Cloud:@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:

" @drewmaw said:
@Coltonio7 said:
Both of these.  Fine if you have a differing opinion but worst game all year?  Come on dude, be real.  I absolutely loved the ending and AC2 was my favorite game of the year.  I went from not really caring about the overarching story of AC1 to being way into it with AC2.  Well done by Ubi. "
Worst game "I've Played" all year. Not the worst game of the year. Please learn to read. "
Ugh dude, unless you're a douche you wouldn't say a game you didn't play was the worst.  You'd have to be pretty impressionable at least if that was the case.   You know what I was saying.

Either way it's far from the worst anything.  In fact it's one of the best games of the year, most people would say so.

@LiquidSwords said:

" Stop posting "

MushroomSamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MushroomSamba

I liked the ending in that it was exciting and makes me wanna play the next game RIGHT NOW, but yeah I'll admit it...that was total bullshit what-the-fuckery.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Coltonio7 said:

I like video games that are the best in their class (Braid being one of them), but this game is not even in the same league as a game like Braid, or Shadow of the Collosus. When someone raves about a game being the best in a year, I'll play it, and I played it all the way through to experience the game as a whole work, opposed to judging based on half a game.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Has anyone noticed that people think they're extra clever when they decide to hate on something most people agree is good?  Then the share that clever idea by capitalising the thread title's emottional CONTEXT.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By maxszy
@drewmaw: COMPLETELY DISAGREE. I absolutely loved the ending, loved its implications and that it was a great way to end it. So sorry, I totally do not agree with you on this one. Ending was fabulous.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
Ugh dude, unless you're a douche you wouldn't say a game you didn't play was the worst.  You'd have to be pretty impressionable at least if that was the case.
LOL, then you see my point. Why would I play the worst games of the year? It's not my job to do so? I'm not a masochist. So, what I AM saying is that it's the worst game I've played all year. Thank you.
bozosc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bozosc

you beat up the pope that ending in and of its self makes it awesome the other stuff was just to extend the series into a bunch more games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LiquidSwords said:
" Stop posting "
aww how cute, you only know two words? What a great way to incite debate and participate. You're the type of guy who posts "First" aren't you? Get a life.
yeahno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By yeahno

Good grief!

....HEYO!

:D

Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drewmaw said:

" @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:

Ugh dude, unless you're a douche you wouldn't say a game you didn't play was the worst.  You'd have to be pretty impressionable at least if that was the case.

LOL, then you see my point. Why would I play the worst games of the year? It's not my job to do so? I'm not a masochist. So, what I AM saying is that it's the worst game I've played all year. Thank you. "
I'VE NOTICED THAT YOU ARE A BIG FAN OF CAPITALIZATION TO TRY AND PROVE YOUR POINTS YOU THINK ARE CLEVER FOR SOME REASON.  Well they aren't and AC II was one of the best games of the year.  Nice selective quotation and poor reading skills I guess.  Read my post.

@SeriouslyNow said:

" Has anyone noticed that people think they're extra clever when they decide to hate on something most people agree is good?  Then the share that clever idea by capitalising the thread title's emottional CONTEXT. "

SO CLEVER RIGHT?

@drewmaw said:
" @LiquidSwords said:
" Stop posting "
aww how cute, you only know two words? What a great way to incite debate and participate. You're the type of guy who posts "First" aren't you? Get a life. "

You're the type of guy who disagrees with everyone and thinks he's the man, RIGHT?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Stephen_Von_Cloud: If by that you mean, thinks for himself, you're damn right. lol. You're the type of guy who works at Best Buy for a living, am I right? LOL
ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ErgoProxy77
@drewmaw: Ever heard of the word 'opinion'?  The GB guys said they liked it, and that was their opinion.  You have a different one.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#40  Edited By breadfan

People have different opinions, get over it.  It really isn't that big of a deal, move on.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LiquidSwords
@drewmaw said:
" @LiquidSwords said:
" Stop posting "
aww how cute, you only know two words? What a great way to incite debate and participate. You're the type of guy who posts "First" aren't you? Get a life. "

You're 15 and need to go away. Crying on here because a game let you down, boohoo. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Br3adfan said:
" People have different opinions, get over it.  It really isn't that big of a deal, move on. "
Aren't you being a hypocrite? Exhorting me to get over it, while encouraging everyone to have an opinion. Did I not just post my mere opinion?
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#43  Edited By citizenkane
@drewmaw said:
2. The fact that there's no setup for Ezio's multiplication trick. This is what we call a "McGuffin" in screenwriting.
Well, now that I know that you're "in the biz" of screenwriting, I will take what you say about storytelling over anybody else here
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
" SO CLEVER RIGHT? "
SO RIGHT!

@drewmaw said:
" @Stephen_Von_Cloud: If by that you mean, thinks for himself, you're damn right. lol. You're the type of guy who works at Best Buy for a living, am I right? LOL "

Obvious troll is obvious.  You've made 16 posts drewman, the vast majority have been trolls or failed troll attempts, like this thread.  I find that BORING.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LiquidSwords said:
" @drewmaw said:
" @LiquidSwords said:
" Stop posting "
You're 15 and need to go away. Crying on here because a game let you down, boohoo.  "
I'm merely posting my opinion, stating for someone to "stop posting" is a douche move. Everyone has the right to post their opinion. So STFU.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#46  Edited By citizenkane
@drewmaw said:
" @Br3adfan said:
" People have different opinions, get over it.  It really isn't that big of a deal, move on. "
Aren't you being a hypocrite? Exhorting me to get over it, while encouraging everyone to have an opinion. Did I not just post my mere opinion? "
He's not chastising you for having a different opinion.  He's getting on you for ridiculing opinions other than your own.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenKane said:
" @drewmaw said:
" @Br3adfan said:
Aren't you being a hypocrite? Exhorting me to get over it, while encouraging everyone to have an opinion. Did I not just post my mere opinion? "
He's not chastising you for having a different opinion.  He's getting on you for ridiculing opinions other than your own. "
An opinion can be to dislike other people's opinions. You make no sense.
yeahno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By yeahno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SeriouslyNow said:
" SO CLEVER RIGHT? "
SO RIGHT!

@drewmaw said:
" @Stephen_Von_Cloud: If by that you mean, thinks for himself, you're damn right. lol. You're the type of guy who works at Best Buy for a living, am I right? LOL "
Obvious troll is obvious.  You've made 16 posts drewman, the vast majority have been trolls or failed troll attempts, like this thread.  I find that BORING. "
I'm waiting for someone to prove me wrong. One of those posts I made was a breakdown of why I disliked the ending. You find it boring, then byebye :D
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@drewmaw said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" SO CLEVER RIGHT? "
SO RIGHT!

@drewmaw said:
Obvious troll is obvious.  You've made 16 posts drewman, the vast majority have been trolls or failed troll attempts, like this thread.  I find that BORING. "
I'm waiting for someone to prove me wrong. One of those posts I made was a breakdown of why I disliked the ending. You find it boring, then byebye :D "
No you're not.  As you said everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Opinion is a personal context and can't be proved or unproved.  It just is.  Therefore you have just made this thread for attention.  You're not waiting to be proven wrong, you're waiting for people to insult you so you can insult them.

As I said before : Obvious troll is obvious.  Troll.