Borderlands 2 or Torchlight 2? Their release dates are a day apart!

• 62 results
TheFridgeGC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By TheFridgeGC

Pre-ordered both and probably won't have enough time to give to one or the other so I will play both in little chunks

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Zuldim

I've already got a copy of Torchlight 2 preordered, and my regular co-op buddy needs some serious computer upgrades before we play Borderlands 2, so I'm probably just going to end up getting that on Steam for $10 six months from now.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By StarFoxA

Get them both later when they're cheaper.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Might look at Torchlight II later on but the Diablo-style lootfest games are pretty boring to me unless they add in action elements.

Borderlands obviously has that. I didn't love the last game but this one looks much improved.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By kindgineer

I didn't really enjoy the first Torchlight much, especially with Diablo III being a much better product imho, but I can see it being a worthy trial after Borderlands 2. I think Borderlands 2 will just give you a higher amount of enjoyment, and you will avoid loot burn-out for it if you play it first.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MezZa

Borderlands 2. I'm a huge Borderlands fan, so the choice is easy for me. The first Torchlight was alright, but I've got Diablo 3 to scratch that itch now. I'm also not a big fan of the art style and character designs. If I get Torchlight 2, it'll be on a sale.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Borderlands 2 is actual fun gameplay, Torchlight is just clicking stuff.

hangedtoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By hangedtoaster

I won't be playing Borderlands 2 until the weekend after release, myself and a friend are going to go crazy and play it for far too many hours straight. So in the time between the Torchlight 2 release and the weekend I';ll be playing a lot of Torchlight

Hells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Hells

Both.

I will be playing Borderlands 2 on PS3 and whenever I cant use the TV (usually due to Wife and kids) I have Torchlight 2 on the side to fill that void. My friend that I will be playing these Co-op with is in a similar situation as well. I don't see me playing either of these single player, so they should last for quite some time. I enjoy the co-op experience much more so than the single player affair.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#60  Edited By benspyda

I wonder how badly Borderlands 2 will impact on Torchlight seeings they are so similar games. They couldn't have picked a worse week to release the game other than the same week as Diablo 3.

Icecreamjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Icecreamjones

Played the Beta of TL2 and as much as I loved the first game, it really just felt tedious to me which is disappointing. I even skipped Diablo 3 because I cannot support the always-online singleplayer (I was never big into multiplayer diablo) and yet it still just felt like a hassle. I may put off Borderland 2 a bit even - my wrists could use a vacation from PC gaming for a bit - but I'm way more likely to pick that up. If I don't move onto X-COM before I get to it. And Dishonored. And all manner of other things

nerdsbeware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By nerdsbeware

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

Where's the both at the same time option?

Ya, this + BGEE.

I find playing Borderlands without my friends really boring sometimes, so basically I will be playing that up until people want to break, then head off to play Torchlight II by myself. BL2 is already pre-ordered and TL2 is $20 so why not.