Cards Against Humanity Holiday BS Puzzle

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

So, my guess is that CAH is just fucking with us making sure we keep some of this useless crap.

finalbossM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By finalbossM

I received day 6 today, thought the package looks like one goose a laying rather than 6 geese. It has three posters in it and a nite about the post family who drew them.

kiapurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#203  Edited By kiapurity

5th envelope today. More CAH cards, hooray!

I'm inclined to agree with @jay_ray because ... uhhhh I have nothing to go on with.

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Canadian here, only received day 3 so far.

captcrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By captcrax

EDIT: request for high res scan of day 4 envelope has been fulfilled now. Thanks!

misswench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: I agree, they keep saying that you will know it when you see it, and you will know how to tell them when you solve it. I have a feeling this may be crazy easy but people will be looking for something harder than it is???

On that note, I hate the USPS right now. It has been a week since I got my last envelope. The suspense!!!!

Jaimenjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no envelopes since day 2...

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By seanbooker

I had a friend who got a box set of Power Rangers DVDs from Amazon from them.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By LikeaSsur

This thread is PronunciationBook conspiracy theories all over again.

cheato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually got 3 and 5 yesterday!

What's interesting is the first light bulb (if you go around clockwise on each envelope, starting in the top right corner) is always green. Maybe this is some sort of "sync" mark between all of them? It must be that ALL of the envelopes are needed in order to decode something, since the paper also says that the "puzzle is hidden across all 12 days of gifts." Perhaps it's first light bulb on envelope 1 (the one right after green), first light bulb on envelope 2, etc.

Kinkie_Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it relys on a stoplight pattern? Green for go, red for stop, etc...

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ErkMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyen said:

Additional thoughts

I noticed some potential hints/clues in the Day 5 picture: https://www.holidaybullshit.com/images/dayfive.jpg

Captain Crunch is not just a cereal, but a well known phone hacker, aka a "phreaker." His real name is John Draper , and is famous for being involved in various phone-related hacks, and for his involvement in the early days of phone phreaking, specifically the blue box era.

Related Imagery In Day 5's Picture:

1. Captain Crunch (hacker/phreaker)
  2. Phone receiver (phreaking-related)
  3. Blue holiday present, "blue box" (phreaking tool)
  4. Clothespin (Could be made into a ghetto beige box when out of alligator clips)

Your thoughts, ladies & gentlemen? It seems a bit more than coincidental to have Captain Crunch, a "blue box," and the phone receiver in the photo, no?

That is what I was talking about with the pictures in the background being involved. I didn't know any specifics, but I had a feeling...

dr_ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

day six spoiler

these day six posters are kinda terrible. Like its just some shitty scribbles.

Dayton28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, I created an account just so that I could reply to this thread.
I didn't see anyone mention this which which was odd as I thought it was rather obvious. So far on the website, the days that have a background that matches a lightbulb color also contains an object with a letter on it. Red is M, blue is C and green is L.

I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence, but in the little girls picture the green is shaped like an L, blue is C and red is, admittedly, a pretty shitty-looking M. The last remaining color on the website that matches the lightbulbs would be yellow (but that would mean that violet is actually blue). The yellow background in the girls picture also has some weird black lines that might help represent the letter. I could be grasping at straws, but I feel that this is the best connection between letters and colors that I've seen so far.

matthewglidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Note that several envelopes allude to geek things, just like the web site combined Captain Crunch, a phone, and blue boxing.

Day 2 doesn't show "turtle doves," those are koopa troopas from Mario World.

Day 5 shows the severed right hand of Mandarin, the Marvel Comics villain.

What does each picture look like, if you DON'T think the 12 days of christmas? CAH already gave that hint, that it's something else entirely.

The Blue = C, Green = L, & Red = M tips above seem too strong to ignore, seeing how they appear on both the site and in the art. In other collectible card puzzles, you end up with an address, email, or phone number to contact with a particular message. That might yield another clue or be a place to send the solution.

matthewglidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...and M C L are all letters used in Roman numerals, if we need another letter to number cypher to test.

Kyoshi9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the boat that this is a clever ruse that the CAH crew thought up to keep a conspiracy theory group running. But maybe jut maybe the answer will be in the last letter and it will be some silly thing like, Happy Holidays from the CAH crew or The 12 Days of Holiday Bullshit.

Also probably already said before but the phrases that adorn the cards may be more tied into it all. Or the password may just be password.

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird. I just received days 6 and 8 today. Crazy thing is that the comics for day 8 were in day 5's envelope.

Jaimenjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got day 3 and 4 in the mail today. A pack o the interfaith jerk cards and cluster fuck. Nothing different than what has been mentioned.

Jaimenjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh not to mention my package was pretty much destroyed by USPS and the case/holder for Cluster Fuck looks like it's been in the hands of a two year old.

thedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By thedon

@matthewglidden: The color/letter association makes so much since. Also, if we go with that and assume a 6 color code that includes blue and purple on the lights...check out the clusterfuck panel on the site. Does that purple symbol of two people intertwined look like any particular letter to you? Maybe purple=Y

Also, not sure if this is going too far, but just in case any thing comes up later, check out the storm trooper in one of the video panels. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1138_(number)#George_Lucas_and_Lucasfilm <--Maybe?

jinandtonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today I got 4 envelopes in the mail bringing me to a total of 10.

i have envelopes for every day except 7 and 9. is there any way i can help idk y'all have got it down im just pretty bad at figuring things out so i can contribute information on any envlopes/whats inside the envelopes! I think @dayton28 made a really good point about the letters except im having trouble following where you found the letters minus the L in the green

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got the clusterfuck game the other day. Never gonna find anyone to play that, but it is pretty neat.

Anyone else wish they would release an online game version of CAH?

Dayton28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewglidden: Nice catch with the roman numerals. Perhaps X, I, V will be some of the other letters and in the end, a series of colors will be turned into the roman numerals which end up being enough numbers to be a phone number.

@jinandtonic:On their website in the background of each day: https://www.holidaybullshit.com/

matthewglidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dayton28 & @thedon: Good note on purple = the sex position, which could be Y or X (if sticking with Roman numerals).

If letters correspond to numerals, you have this:

• Day 1: Red = M (1000)
  • Day 4: Purple = X (10)
  • Day 5: Blue = C (100)
  • Day 7: Green = L (50)
  • I & V in days 9-12?

It's curious that the lights don't seem to include orange (just red & yellow), but CAH's DonorsChoose "thank you" letter from Michelle DOES and could be interpreted as a lower-case i.

CAH's what-we-did-with-your-money link isn't "live" and just shows a countdown timer for sometime tomorrow. I think the letter and whatever shows up on that page will be key to solving the puzzle. It just has too many oddities to ignore: similar color palette, reinforcement of green = L and blue = C, "pig," cards FOR humanity, very different versions of the letter i, repeated use of double-o, possible reference to 2012's holiday expansion, etc.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By AthleticShark

@dayton28 & @thedon: Good note on purple = the sex position, which could be Y or X (if sticking with Roman numerals).

If letters correspond to numerals, you have this:

• Day 1: Red = M (1000)
  • Day 4: Purple = X (10)
  • Day 5: Blue = C (100)
  • Day 7: Green = L (50)
  • I & V in days 9-12?

So in other words, Half-Life 3 confirmed?

DrCripto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By DrCripto

@hellbound: I can see the headline, " CAH announces Half-Life 3 game: 'The story of Half-Life 3 shall be told through our new revolutionary card game CLUSTERFUCK' "

matthewglidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By matthewglidden

100% confirmed, Half-Life 3.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

cheato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedon said:

@matthewglidden: The color/letter association makes so much since. Also, if we go with that and assume a 6 color code that includes blue and purple on the lights...check out the clusterfuck panel on the site. Does that purple symbol of two people intertwined look like any particular letter to you? Maybe purple=Y

Also, not sure if this is going too far, but just in case any thing comes up later, check out the storm trooper in one of the video panels. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1138_(number)#George_Lucas_and_Lucasfilm <--Maybe?

I had that exact same thought about the 'Y' on the card as well!

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm not sure if they sent me the wrong envelope. Did anyone else receive the 11 Pipers Piping already? I have days 1-6, then 11.

DrCripto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio: I think some of them have gotten mixed up in the mail. I got them out of order as well.

timE1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio: I've gotten 1, 2, 6, 11, 12. Did anyone else get 12? The gift is absolutely amazing!

matthewglidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By matthewglidden

They come out of order, sometimes 2 or 3 in one day. Got 1-6, 8, 11-12 so far. The last one's pretty cool.

parhellion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By parhellion

I've gotten every one as of last night. All of my lights start with green (if starting at the stamp and going clockwise). I'll investigate the potential cipher when I have time today.

Also, my day 12 was pretty awesome. I'll throw it on under spoiler protection when I'm not on my phone at work.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMFG. Day 12.

A white card with your name on it.

that brings me to 7 days.. I have 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 12. Hopefully everything will arrive by Xmas!!!

cheato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently all of the envelopes are now out into the wild. Some people had put up the actual light sequences and images on this Wiki, for those interested: http://cah-holiday-bs.wikia.com/wiki/Envelopes

There are (49 * 9) + 56 + (85 * 2) = 667 total lights. Subtract the initial 12 'G' lights (assuming they are a "start" sequence marker and not part of the actual code) = 651, or 5 * 131. Perhaps a sequence of 131 characters long? Not quite sure how to create a character from 5 lights though...I thought it might've been from 2 instead.

Jaimenjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got 12 today but I accidentally cut the corner trying to open the envelope :-(

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in Ontario,Canada, only received Day 1, 3 and 8

misswench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 1-4, 6, 8 and 11

Kinkie_Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Kinkie_Pie

I'm in NYC and I have 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 11, and 12. And they did NOT come in order.

matthewglidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheato I can think of at least one way.

If you group by bits and use the HOT/COOL lights as ON/OFF, 2^5 gives you 32 options. That's enough for A-Z with extras, ASCII codes, DTMF phone codes, etc.

EdwardHyena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drcripto: Gordon Freeman will just sit there with a middle finger trying to break up the three-way between a Combine Advisor, Dr. Breen, and the G-Man.

Dayton28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel as though we're going to have to wait until the last day is posted on the website for the final clue and it will be more obvious than we're making it.

kiapurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By kiapurity

...didn't get anything yesterday (weird) but did get 7 today. I have been kind of getting mine in order (just that 2 and 3 were randomly switched.)

Looking at the envelope for 7, I'm just kind of at a loss.

timE1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By timE1985

@milkman: I suggest you delete that and repost with spoiler protection. Considering it was the best surprise I've gotten in a long time, it's really not okay to ruin it for others.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#249  Edited By Milkman

@time1985: I put it in a spoiler tag but the information is everywhere. It was even talked about on Unprofessional Fridays today. I doubt there are many people who haven't gotten the card yet that haven't already been spoiled.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#250  Edited By mike

@milkman: @time1985 was right...your post was a spoiler for me and I caught it before the edit. We had a good run going with everyone being pretty cool about spoiler tags and identifying which days their spoilers came from so people didn't accidentally read something they didn't want to, up until now. Try to be mindful and respectful of this stuff and don't just assume everyone knows what you know. Not cool dude.

I'm deleting your post outright. Post it in the other Holiday Bullshit topic if you wish since you stated you aren't even interested in the puzzle.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/cah-holiday-bulls-t-2013-packages-arriving-as-of-1-1462809/?page=1