• 67 results
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By tunaburn

im %100 for ads on this site. i want them to make a ton of money. But, this ad is crazy. It is so loud. It literally is 4 times louder than the video im trying to watch. It doesnt stop me from watching videos but it does put me in a not as happy mood sometimes right before.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By Dagbiker

@stalefishies said:

@AlisterCat said:

People complain that they have any form of paid content, people complain when they manage to secure one of the few gaming related ad deals they could get. People complain when they have any ad deals and aren't able to control the type of ads they get. It's like people want them to go under, and they will if people had their way. These things fund themselves with air apparently.

Man, elitist much? Just because you (and I) have paid for a subscription doesn't mean we can just dismiss problems like this with 'well you didn't pay, so you're opinion doesn't count for shit.' The fact is, this is pissing people off, regardless of whether they have an issue with ads themselves or not, to the point of them saying that the no longer want to browse the site. And if the ads are turning people away, they are a problem, even if those people aren't paying for the site directly, because it means the site loses traffic and, if the effect is major enough, ad revenue goes down. Plus, the Whiskey Media dudes have already said that they don't want shitty ads. If people are avoiding the site because of them, then they count as pretty shitty ads in my book. Something should be done, especially if that something is as simple as getting the ad company to get the volume turned down. Whether they pay or not, everyone should get to experience a good website.

they cant do anything about it until there contract is up. i don't know when that is, but there is no way they can edit the video, there is no way they can change the volume on your player. and there is no way they can stop playing the video. because they are in a contract.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Dylabaloo

@Meowshi said:

@President_Barackbar said:

Quit bitching then an buy a subscription. I don't think anyone cares if you don't like the ad, its what you have to deal with for not subscribing. It sucks, but them's the breaks.

Or we can provide feedback, and hopefully the ads will get better, thereby making everyone happy. Frankly I'm getting sick and tired of everyone telling everyone else to buy a subscription. You aren't Whiskey Media's personal business salesman, so why don't you stop pretending like you are. You can tell me what I should do with my money the second you start doing my job for me.

@oDawg:

So this is how it is. Whiskey Media is not big enough to be selective with their ads, therefore they use Google adsense; which allows them to get the revenue they need to keep this fun truck chugging. However the Dead Island ad is a business agreement deal separate to the adsense and the kind of deals they want, but i'm almost certain they can't change/alter the ad because it was made by an ad company Dead Island's publisher hired, however i'm sure they can request this although I wouldn't count on it this particular ad being changed. So @MrKlorox said: has provided a helpful fix that you can use or you can use adblock or buy a subscription, the choice is yours.

I'm not telling you it's not good to report this kind of stuff but don't do it on the forums, Daniel and/or Tatum handles all the business stuff with Whiskey if you have complaints or suggestions axe them. They are friendly and reasonable guys; as long as you are too.

click
click
@MrKlorox said:

So I logged out and started a video to see what you mean, and yes it was quite a bit louder than the GB video intro tune or speech when I had my soundcard's normalizer off. But when it was on, the ad was only slightly louder than the strum, and the speech was clear and present. What soundchips do most of you have? If PC I'll have to assume Realtek. I use a Creative, but I have a Realtek built in to my motherboard and am downloading the drivers for it now. I seem to remember a friend's Realtek having the ability to normalize, but I can't remember what they called it or where in the driver settings it was located. I'll try to get it working installed and post back results. I'm almost always using mine, regardless of whether ads are present. Volumes swing wildly otherwise.

Okay, on my Realtek HD Audio Device, I installed the latest drivers from http://www.realtek.com/downloads/and after rebooting opened the Realtek HD Audio Manager from the system tray, but it's also in the Control Panel. On the Sound Effects tab, enable Loudness Equalization (see screenshot), set your volume to a comfortable level, and watch a video on the website to get the ad. Do it a couple times and check/uncheck the box some while the ad and video are playing to hear the difference. The ads are quieter and the videos are louder. Mac dudes, I can't help you. But I'd bet your machines are capable of something similar. Also I don't know if you guys with Realtek AC'97 chips have the setting available.
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#54  Edited By alistercat

@stalefishies said:

@AlisterCat said:

People complain that they have any form of paid content, people complain when they manage to secure one of the few gaming related ad deals they could get. People complain when they have any ad deals and aren't able to control the type of ads they get. It's like people want them to go under, and they will if people had their way. These things fund themselves with air apparently.

Man, elitist much? Just because you (and I) have paid for a subscription doesn't mean we can just dismiss problems like this with 'well you didn't pay, so you're opinion doesn't count for shit.' The fact is, this is pissing people off, regardless of whether they have an issue with ads themselves or not, to the point of them saying that the no longer want to browse the site. And if the ads are turning people away, they are a problem, even if those people aren't paying for the site directly, because it means the site loses traffic and, if the effect is major enough, ad revenue goes down. Plus, the Whiskey Media dudes have already said that they don't want shitty ads. If people are avoiding the site because of them, then they count as pretty shitty ads in my book. Something should be done, especially if that something is as simple as getting the ad company to get the volume turned down. Whether they pay or not, everyone should get to experience a good website.

Woah, hey now. First, I didn't buy a sub, but I have paid in the past. I wouldn't get ads if I didn't anyway, but that is beside the point.

What I wrote was nothing like some of the other comments of "well buy a subscription then". Nothing at all to do with memberships. I was making a general point to an unspecific audience of people that will always complain no matter what Whiskey does. That's all. Wasn't even directed at the person who created this topic, just a statement. In no way have I said that there isn't a problem, or isn't some area to be improved. Like I said, it's not something they have control over. Those ads have been running for a month now, and if there was something they could do they would have done it by now. I have a problem with "yo fuck ads and fuck subscriptions", not this. Please direct your elitist accusations to one of the other people in this thread.

Intentionally ignoring most other hate in this thread too.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By JonathanMoore

When using an IP changey thing for Hulu, I get the same Dead Island ad that everybody else gets, but to be honest it doesn't bother me so much. If I aint gonna get a membership, the least I can do is sit through one ad every now and then. Fuck, I do it with Youtube and Hulu enough.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By CL60

The ad is pretty annoying at this point, I don't watch any videos here anymore that aren't original content because I'm sick of listening to the ad.

THEY COMING!

JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JammyJesus

...And not a single fuck was given.

Twice in two days. Feels good.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Subjugation

I wear headphones. I always have them at full volume. I have all of the videos here at full volume. Either you have a car stereo hooked up to your PC or you are exaggerating the volume because I logged out to listen to the ad since there have been an inane amount of threads on this, and it really wasn't bad. It's louder than the content but it won't make your eardrums explode like people want to claim. Save pennies and subscribe, or if you want to hurt the revenue of the site, use an adblock program/extension.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think theyve stopped showing those ads in Canada

MostlyBearded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MostlyBearded

@Dagbiker said:

@MostlyBearded said:

It's the audio that I have the biggest complaint with. Couldn't they just lower the ad volume (since all the videos, even before the ads were, always that low)?

I doubt they can edit the video

In that case, could they raise the audio of their videos?

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By illmatic19

Think of it this way, without that ad you wouldn't be able to watch these awesome videos.

Also, THEY COMING.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Damn, from the looks of this thread that ad sounds fucking horrible

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CL60

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

I think theyve stopped showing those ads in Canada

Nope.

atomslayer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By atomslayer95

I feel silly for it but it was one of the things that pushed me to get a membership, I would have eventually anyway though because this site's premium stuff is awesome!

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By vaiz

I don't mind the ad volume. I mind that I'm seeing the same fucking ad over and over everytime I watch a video, and have been for the past month. Dead Island's been out a while, I think we can stop now.

Amilmitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Amilmitt

@Subjugation said:

I wear headphones. I always have them at full volume. I have all of the videos here at full volume. Either you have a car stereo hooked up to your PC or you are exaggerating the volume because I logged out to listen to the ad since there have been an inane amount of threads on this, and it really wasn't bad. It's louder than the content but it won't make your eardrums explode like people want to claim. Save pennies and subscribe, or if you want to hurt the revenue of the site, use an adblock program/extension.

Either you have shitty head phones or your already deaf.

i have my speaker system plugged in, its volume is at a quarter and my computer is at full(all which makes every video at a pleasant level). as soon as that ad played i had to mute everything, It's Extremely loud, blast me out of my seat loud. id be surprised if my neighbors didn't hear it. also the first time that ad played with my speakers plugged in, it caused my audio driver to break. i had to force turn my computer off just to get it to shut up.

I'll watch whatever ad they put up. but if i have to quickly turn my volume down, so it doesn't sound like i have a running lawnmower on my lap. i don't feel like watching any videos on here. also this is the only site that i have my ad-block disabled on, but im very tempted to enable it.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By zeforgotten

Wouldn't be the Giant Bomb forums with at least one of these threads each week.