Do you buy consoles fairly late into their life cycle?

• 60 results
Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By James_ex_machina
@MariachiMacabre: LOL  No Hookers and Blow ain't my things(although the band wasn't bad). Guitars, starting a personal biz, and other stuff
Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Surkov

I'll buy a Wii or 360 when they become cheap. 

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By iam3green

yes, all the time. you never know the problems that the system might have. the xbox 360 had that problem when it came out.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By toowalrus

I didn't get an xbox 360 until Bioshock came out- most of the games that came out before that I haven't gotten around to playing (along with a few dozen games that came out after Bioshock, while I was still playing WoW. It's a shame- right now money isn't really the issue for me- it's time. Next generation, I'll be buying the consoles at launch, and trying my best to keep up with the games as they come out- the back-catalogue. I wish I could play is enormous and intimidating (much like my penis, to the ladies).

EDIT: I wholeheartedly apologize- I don't know what came over me.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Vextroid

I got my PSX 2 years after launch

My 360 2 years after launch
PS3 3 years after launch
Wii 2 years after launch
PS2 10 years after launch (never had a PS2 growing up so I wanted to play all the awesome games I missed as well as compliment my Wii.
PSP 4 years after launch
DSLite/i  2/2 years after launch respectively
slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#56  Edited By slowbird

I buy consoles whenever I can afford them.  that used to be late in the life cycle when I was a kid and had to ask for them as Christmas presents...but now as an adult with a job, it can be fairly early in the cycle or somewhere in the middle.  About the only thing I wouldn't do is a day one launch...that's just asking for frustration.  I can wait for the lines to die down.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I got my PSOne after the PS2 was already out.

I got my DS Lite 3 years ago.
I got my PS3 last year.
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By sameeeeam
@LordXavierBritish said:
" I'm retarded and have too much money.

The most dangerous combination.
"
Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By Marz

I bought my xbox 360 when Modern Warfare 2 came out.    I got that special edition console.     I mostly don't use it other than to play exclusives like gears of war and halo... and some xbox live arcade games.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By FreakAche

I tend to buy them a couple years in. Most launch lineups are terrible anyway, so there's not really much point getting a system at launch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm typically an early adopter, but nowadays I see very little reason to get something when it first comes out.
The hardware could be faulty, there will be a better version down the line, expensive, very few games worth playing right away, good games still being released for last generation, etc.

I could (and probably will) change my tune once I see the next Xbox and Playstation, but right now I'm feeling like I won't buy any new consoles, including Cafe, until I've played all the games I want to play this generation and there are a decent amount of interesting games for the new consoles.